Help me Sup Forums

Help me Sup Forums.

My father supports Black Lives Matter, and he calls me a racist for not supporting them.

I told him I understand their claim and that I don't agree with how they go about furthering their claim and ensuring equality and ending police brutality.

How do I convince him that it's not a good group?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__Vj3DXwOBI
youtube.com/watch?v=VrMkezVc0HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KG0rfq1wD8U&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=rCTzFNrsKns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump. My own father is about to disown me.

I don't think you can convince them that they're "not a good group," but maybe if you're patient and extra reasonable with him you can "agree to disagree" about whether or not BLM is actually helping the black community with their protests

What really irks me is that he calls me a racist. I've done nothing racist, I just don't support BLM.

Is all hope lost?

I can relate, my mom is also pretty crazy in a similar way. She's a cultural marxist and basically an overall radical leftist. We've talked about her beliefs before but she's just too far gone and is lost in her ideology.

If both of you are comfortable arguing & debating topics like BLM then continue to do so. Personally I believe it's a terrorist organization because it consistently uses fear, intimidation and violence to further its own political goals. Based on your description I'd say he's ideologically possessed and not worth arguing.

Can you provide any evidence to help me out when another heated debate comes up? I think I made him even more loving of BLM because I couldn't cough up any good stuff to show him.

He then said I bought into all the "white media" and that I'm just "pushing the white man's opinion."

What the fuck.

The first example of intimidation that comes to mind is Bernie Sanders getting cucked by BLM at one of his rallies. They forced him to give them his platform or else they would "shut it down". As for the violence and fear; just take a look at just about any of the BLM riots. [although most news outlets will use the term "mostly peaceful protests"] He sounds like he has been completely brainwashed by leftists

My dad says that BLM does not organize riots, and whenever riots where BLM supporters/activists are involved, he says that doesn't represent the group as a whole.

How do I go about showing him that BLM encourages rioting?

It's pretty concrete that BLM instills fear within the black population via convincing everyone that all police are racist and are out to get black people. By demonizing the police they justify social unrest [rioting and looting[ especially after a black person is killed at the hands of the police even when it's justified. At the very least it has consistently inciting chaos and disorder. If your dad respects the law and values civic order then he would have to oppose BLM on principle. But hey, it sounds like your dad is waaaayyyy too far gone.

Looks like I'm fucked, man. Thanks for being here with me tonight. It's good to see someone out there understands the situation I'm in.

Now I no longer feel so alone in my views. Have a nice night man!

disown him first

OP This video has all the answers youre looking for. Honestly youtube.com/watch?v=__Vj3DXwOBI

The racism that matters in the big picture isn't what an individual person does, it's the widespread (and often unintentional) attitudes and stereotypes that have been "baked into" various social and governmental systems. It's not racist to have disagreements about what changes ought to occur to those systems, or how to bring those changes about.

BLM's protests/riots are a little more complicated than just "we're innocent protestors, nothing to see here" or "we're scary negros, here to break shit." Also, your father may see some level of protestor violence as justified, in order to fight back against oppressive systems or maybe because, frankly, it's a lot easier to get on the national news when you break things.

You ought to do some research on the now-beloved Civil Rights protests in the 60s and the level of violence at those. We like to think of MLKJ as being all nice and non-violent, but there were people back then who disagreed with his methods, and thought he was stirring up social chaos. Read his letter from the Birmingham jail, where he says that he'd rather have social chaos if it means greater equality, than social tranquility if it means injustice.

I think many BLM supporters today have the same mindset. In the long run, what matters is getting rid of the racism they perceive to be in police forces nationwide, and some property damage along the way doesn't really matter. Of course, you're completely entitled to say that it does matter, and they need to adhere strictly to nonviolence.

All these guys just need to watch this video, its impossible to argue
youtube.com/watch?v=__Vj3DXwOBI

Thanks a shit ton for the time.

Yep, if youlike the video you should listen to more of Ben Shapiro. Dude is a child prodigy and never loses in a debate.

Irrelevent but funny video youtube.com/watch?v=VrMkezVc0HQ

Thanks for showing me Ben Shapiro! I'll be sure to show it to my dad if it gets that bad. I'm just not good at presenting my point.

I fucking love Ben Shapiro. He's got this issue locked down. Thanks for posting that in this thread. I should have but I'm lazy.

Yea man he is phenomenal. You should watch his Florida speech if you havent already, it was from like 4 days ago. They asked him pretty tough questions compared to usual and he destroyed them. youtube.com/watch?v=KG0rfq1wD8U&t=3s

I really hope he decides to get into politics actively. I think he would be very hard to corrupt and mak desensitized.

It basically just comes down to that if they see so much racism, they are looking for it. Obama spent his 8 years engraving this in the minds of the populace.

People are where they are in life because they choose to be. No one in America cares enough about someone to prevent them from acheiving their potential. As Ben said in the video "If you tell a black kid that some nameless faceless [racism] is holding them back in life theyll never succeed" All their probles are attributed to whites.

Its easy to play victim. Some people prefer it so they never have to take responsibility for themselves.

You might find this stuff interesting. Everything he says is backed up with sources
youtube.com/watch?v=rCTzFNrsKns

Call him a cuck who would rather bend over backwards for a bunch of criminals and brainwashed college students than look out for his own.
Black lives matter is a terrorist group.