I don't get it

i don't get it

do you have depression? anxiety or these kind of shit? I suppose this album will only work for extremely suicidal and sad people

Shame on you.

arrowheads

*BEE DUM*
*BEE DEE*
*BEE DUM*
*BEE DEE*
*BEE DUM*
*BEE DEE*
*BEE DUM*
*BEE DEE*

arrowheads

nah guess i'm not a loser LOL

arrowHEADS

or just twisted fucking psychopaths!!!

Connecticut's duo Have A Nice Life concocted an unlikely hybrid of My Bloody Valentine's shoegaze-pop, Joy Division's dark-punk, Godspeed You Black Emperor's post-rock, Nine Inch Nails' industrial dirges, and the Swans' proto-doom on the double-disc Deathconsciousness (Enemies List, 2008). The first disc, subtitled "The Plow That Broke The Plains", begins with eight minutes of electronic swirls (A Quick One Before The Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut). Martial drums and piercing guitars announce the elegiac Bloodhail. The ten-minute dirge Hunter is one of the emotional peaks (or, better, nadirs). It is shouted and wailed on a sparse soundscape of piano and drums until a strong beat and acid guitar twangs propel it into a dance-punk frenzy. Telephony is one of the shorter and bleaker songs, a monastic hymn against a petulant guitar. At the other end of the spectrum, Who Would Leave Their Son Out In The Sun? is a gentle psychedelic lullabye. The first disc ends with There Is No Food, a mournful litany whispered over a bed of guitar distortions.

The second disc, subtitled "The Future", starts out with the hard-rocking riff and steady beat of Waiting For Black Metal Records To Come In The Mail, the most anthemic song on the album and the one that harks back to the 1980s in the most blatant manner. The other aggressive song on this disc, The Future, is a direct descendant of the new wave, in particular of Pere Ubu's "modern dance". Another icon of the 1980s surfaces in the simple psalm Holy Fucking Shit - 40,000: it's the electronic beat of Trio's Da Da Da, although it morphes into a hummable keyboard refrain. Both this feeble beat and the humble singing are swallowed by a loud industrial bacchanal. The most sinister piece, the instrumental Deep Deep, moves again to the other end of the musical spectrum: mostly a guitar distortion that hovers over a distant organ melody and little else. I Don't Love is another cryptic moment: a confused vortex of distortions and vocals that does not lead anywhere. The eleven-minute Earthmover closes the album with an acid ballad at a slow pace that suddenly soars in a shoegazing apotheosis. The amount of symbols is overwhelming. The two discs run a vast gamut of emotional states and musical styles. Each of these pieces could be an entire career for less gifted musicians.

>downloaded album
>labelled as Memecore
>feel stupid

I found a bulk of the album to be repetitive and underwhelming, had good ideas but didn't do much with them. Which is sad because i was really hoping it would make me feel something

I have none of that, and I can still appreciate it

I don't see that in this music at all
I can't hear anything they're saying, but the instrumentation doesn't feel depressed or anxious at all

It's catchy post-punk with some shoegaze and other influences. it has some sad lyrics I guess but nothing "deep". Ignore the edgelords

this Xd

x75

Please kill yourself immediately, as someone who has suffered/is still suffering from all those problems, the album evokes none of that

I do still like it, but not for those reasons and admittedly it gets weaker with every relisten, I prefer Planning for Burial

>repetition in music is bad

you're a retard.

Listen harder

I do

Don't be mad at me, user. I have never listened to that album but people who like it always argue that it has a suicidal vibe. Also, I have been through depression thoughout 3 years and so recently I've been able to get out of this shit. Anyway, you'll gonna be fine

kill yourself if you label anything as a meme.