/mlb/ - Major League Baseball General

/mlb/ - AL is too fat to field edition

mlbtraderumors.com
mlb.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/cardinals-trade-jaime-garcia-braves.html
aroundthefoghorn.com/2016/12/01/san-francisco-giants-evans-left-field-mac-parkers-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Royals

Let's try to keep this thread nice and friendly okay lads?

>jints/doyers shitposting
>NL/AL shitposting
/mlb/ in a nutshell

Reminder that

>the Cubs, an NL team that held the longest championship drought in professional sports, did in fact win the 2016 World Series despite the AL having home field advantage and a 3 games to 1 advantage going into game 5

I honestly can't believe you motherfuckers can be this dense. How on earth is the AL a better league when the NL has won more pennants.
>inb4 muh Yankees
It's a shame that a supposedly "superior" league has to be carried by one meme franchise.

>pennants

alright were done here

Jaime Garcia to Braves in exchange for prospects: Luke Dykstra, Chris Ellis, John Gant.

Any Braves fans or prospect guys want to tell me if those three are interesting at all?

>Cubs used a DH to win the World Series
babby league is out to prove my point for me today, I love it.

>It is proven that, with the exception of one outlier year, American League and National League teams equally share the basement of the majors leagues.
>AL shitposters meme on how NL is shit because they pound on bad teams

Isn't it amazing that Arcade League """"""fans""""" are trying this hard to compensate for fundamentally altering and tarnishing the game of baseball?

>bitching about everything instead of contributing anything

Another wonderful part of /mlb/. Yes, I see the irony of my post

Josh Donaldson uses steroids

It's for the best

One free out is not a legitimate strategy any more

the DH should be mandatory, the last world series proved that fact.

You know what my mind has been changed. I think I'm done arguing about the NL and AL for now, and probably forever. And besides, there's some really heavy, fast-moving traffic outside that I'm just dying to play in...see ya guys!

uh no. the free outs requires the manager to be more strategic
there is literally no debate on that part.

John Gant is the only real guy of note. Ellis went way backwards this year in almost every way and dykstra is a slap-hitting 2nd baseman who can barely play 2nd base. If Gant can ever get a handle on his elite changeup he can probably stick as a starter otherwise he's a bullpen piece at best.

>mandating a position for players literally too fat and/or old to field

bunch of coddlers tbqhwyf

>mandating pitchers to show off their offensive ineptitude.

bunch of retards fampai

>allowing pitchers to skate through their career playing half the game of baseball

disgusting baka

Thanks, user.

Glancing at the numbers this was kind of my impression.

At least Dykstra is young, I guess? He also seems allergic to walks which is weird.

>for his career, Clayton Kershaw is a replacement level player as a position player
>Bumgarner has been worth 1.2 WAR per season last three seasons as a position player despite having only 90 PAs per season

>Well, if #Pirates 3B Jung Ho Kang doesn't have enough problems,he just got charged with leaving scene of DUI accident in Seoul, per @Jeeho_1

>I don't understand positional adjustments: the post

>I don't understand positional adjustments exist for a reason: the post

Fuck you. Your team and league is shit

>Kershaw
>a career .154/.193/.178 with a OPS of .371
>a career 0 wRC+

>Bumgarner
>a career .183/.231/.311 with a OPS of .542
>a career 49 wRC+

wew lad, look at all that offense.

How many more days until I can watch MLB baseball again guys? It's been almost a month now without a single game. Fuck.

DELETE THIS

Facts are, are that NL elite pitchers who hit well are elite athletes. AL pitchers meanwhile...

REEEEEEEEEEE THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE GIANTS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

BANDWAGON NOT REAL FANS WHINING EVEN YEAR JSHSJWJWJWKSKSBITCH FAGGOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP POSTING BUT I'LL SAY YOU AREN'T A REAL FAN IF YOU DON'T POST!!!

literally what the fuck are the braves doing

Who knows famalam

Barves shit it looks like

trying to git gud

Someone post the shitting me webm for me. Im on my phone

I ask myself this question every day for almost a decade for >my team

Reminder that Ethier was paid $85 mil to hit 30 homeruns in 4 years.

Only oldfags remember

It's going to be fucking hilarious when they trade teheran at the winter meetings.

Someone take Jay Bruce please.

No idea. They are so aggressive with Sale too, which I do not understand.

Where did all those lifelong Indians fans go?

>The Braves have been one of the most active teams of the offseason thus far, and that continued on Thursday as the team reportedly struck a deal to acquire veteran lefty Jaime Garcia from the Cardinals in exchange for minor league infielder Luke Dykstra and young right-handers John Gant and Chris Ellis.

mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/cardinals-trade-jaime-garcia-braves.html

All were shit prospects that weren't going to pan out. Now we can flip him for something at the deadline if the Braves suck again.

Yea teams are going to be lining up at the deadline for Jaime Garcia.

The Cubs would have been a .500 team at best in an American League schedule.

The Twins would have been competitiors for a wild card spot in a National League schedule.

Cubs were 13-5 in interleague play.

Daily reminder the Rangers of Arlington, Texas had the best record in the American League and got swept by the Toronto Blue Jays

>The Cubs would have been a .500 team at best in an American League schedule.

I hate the Cubs but even I know that's bullshit

>Get BTFO in the playoffs
>Spend the offseason jacking off teenage boys

What did Texass mean by this?

Dubs never lie. NL confirmed babby league.

They are 0 for 6 in their last 6 Division Series games. I hope whoever they meet up with next can keep this thing going.

Nickel and diming their way to the offseason crown

they're getting a new stadium so they have to do a bunch of shit to get people interested

>Sources: EE to the Yankees looking "extremely likely"

2/10, made me look

how do you think the shitposting would be between NL vs AL vs Federal League vs Negro Leagues if Sup Forums existed back then?

>chicago whales would beat any MLB team
>black men playing a white mans sport

it would've been heall lit-git

>Implying black people post on Sup Forums
>Implying the negro league shitposters wouldn't just be Sup Forumstards trying to b8

.there would be a lot of racism and people would be assholes to each other for no reason.
Im glad we live in better times

JUNG HO KANG ARRESTED

Trade Cutch and the rest of the outfield
Burn it all to the ground!

fucken gooks

Reminder that Zach Britton was available

Shame. I'd expect this kind of thing with a scoundrel like JASH DANALSON but not one of the meme asians

Right here senpaitachi

>no gear
>not even a fucking helmet

Fucking squid

>Pie Rats

>whos win 2 in a row
>cusb win 2 in a row

This makes the whos a better team becuz why?

Because the White Sox are a team full of retards and the Cubs are the best team in baseball. Losing even a single game is pathetic.

>Verlander to Dodgers
>Verlander to Dodgers
>Verlander to Dodgers
>Verlander to Dodgers
>Verlander to Dodgers

FAKE
A
K
E

aroundthefoghorn.com/2016/12/01/san-francisco-giants-evans-left-field-mac-parkers-2017/

>Giants officially decide to platoon Parker and Williamson in LF

Th-This just means they're going all-in on a closer, right? R-Right?

What's the point of you people posting these? Do you get a kick out of fooling people for 3 seconds? Well congratulations, you fucking fooled me. I imagine this is a huge accomplishment for you, up there with surviving your mother's attempted abortion. Next time you think you're clever by posting a fake trade a free agent signing, just think about how quickly someone is able to expose you. It took me less than two seconds of my time to figure out you are a fraud. Now fuck off, and run along to the animal shelter where you can go on a hot date suited to your liking you fucking failure of a human.

Thank you for admitting the cusb are the best team in baseball.

STOP POSTING REEEEEEEEEEEE BANDWAGON BITCH FAGGOT I HATE YOU NOBODY LIKES YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE STATE OF YOUR BASEBALL TEAM IN A BASEBALL THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddie Freeman is the most underrated player in baseball.

wow chillax, bro

I would imagine these kind of responses are the reason for it.

Pretty much. Fake trade or FA news is a license to print (You)'s

Parker was a beast in AAA last year, hopefully he can do more than just strikeout next year if this is for real what they're going to do

korea is not honorable like samurai

>mfw my ban is over so I can post on my favorite board again
For all our faults, I love you guys and I missed it

Career .942 OPS, 160 wRC+ against righties in the majors. Shit against lefties, but he could be a perfect platoon guy with Williamson.

your current uniforms suck desu, these ones were way better

>that star
Used to be obsessed with that logo when I was a young lad. Bought a few fullback hats too.

These were the best Astros unis

>implying Marcell Ozuna's walk-up song shouldn't be bom ba ba bom ba bom ba bom bom ba ba bom ba ba bom ba ba dang a dang dang ba ba ding a dong ding blue moon moon blue moon dip di dip di dip moo moo moo blue moon dip di dip di dip moo moo moo blue moon dip di dip di dip bom ba ba bom ba bom ba bom bom ba ba bom ba ba bom ba ba dang a dang dang ba ba ding a dong ding

I loved those when I was 9 and 10, but I like the current ones more. Tbh I wish they would have gone with something more like pic related, but they honestly have some of the best home whites and road greys in the league. Too bad they insist on wearing alternate jerseys so often.

>White pinstripes and gray

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

>mup da doo didda po mo gub bidda be dat tum muhfugeen bix nood cof bin dub ho muhfugga

Those are p sharp

I know, right? Just unique enough while still looking classy. Pic related could be alts for Sundayay or Friday night games. Unless of course, they lick up Chris Sale.

Is this pasta? Or did you actually take the time to write this?

Reminder that Chris Coghlan did nothing wrong

yes

namaste

What are y'all's favorite offseason snacks?

shag carpet

Justin Verlander looks like a chipmunk and has a supermodel wife
Madbum "Madbum" Barner looks like a sexy farmhand and has an actual moocow for a wife

Thanks for reading

Say what you want about Bumshit, but his wife is actually hot.

I shagged your mom's carpet L O L O L