Why is Manga art so shitty compared to Comic art?

Why is Manga art so shitty compared to Comic art?

Kys

I disagree

Dem wondermuscles.

troll/10 for making me reply

its just different. western comic art and eastern comic art are different art styles that developed independently of one another. western art tries to be a bit more realistic, while eastern art focuses more on the fantastic. you really cannot compare the two. so, the best your question can mean is "why is manga art less realistic than comic art?" in which the answer would be, because manga art tells its story using more fantastic imaginary to paint a picture of an imaginary world.

Which manga has the most realistic art? just curious.

Jo Jo

You're the one with autism.

PROVE IT FAGGET REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>why am I so fucking ignorant
I have no idea, you really have no excuse at this point

Haha no. Araki can't into anatomy and I fucking hate how he made older, buffer JoJo's skinny as a trap

the hell are you on about?

>American comics heavily censored and made for children
>art is so great
KEK, sure thing, you're so artistic

> he actually think this even comparable to the high-tier comic book artist

try again loser

I'll post non Ross art next so it wouldn't be a complete stomp

>LET ME JUST REFLECT THESE BULLETS INTO MY OWN FACE
kinda stupid actually

I guess decent art and action mechanics are too much to ask from American comic artists.

actually even though i love manga art western art is just in a different league

It's the other way around, just look at Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. There's hardly any American animation that's worth watching.

none of those bullets are heading towards Cap's face. the next burst might but he'll probably just adjust his shield.

Is there anything in manga that even has this level of detail?

Because just about every artistic decision made by a fucking Asian has sucked, throughout history, and it always will.

They're just artistically fucking broken, and I find it fucking hilarious that so many American idiots love it. It's a damn embarrassment.

costs thats typical of budget child shows but adult comic art to Japanese manga art shows the standards

if you look closely, a piece of bullet shrapnel is headed directly toward his left eye

he'd probably go blind, even with super soldier serum

I though that was just sparks.

you win this time, guy more observant than me.

>art in a different league
you mean you personally respond to the aesthetic? There's more to art than that.

Because it's certainly not the content that makes it past the censors. How can you call something art when it's so clearly edited to be commercial?

Manga artists have more integrity than anyone in Western comics, and no one is more aware of this fact than Western comic artists.

This looks like a photo that's been digitally redone for comics, which happens depressingly often in Western comics.

It's realistic, but I certainly wouldn't fucking call it ART

>this, on the other hand, has both beauty and meaning

why so smug, supes?

read the comic, he has to come to peace with dying

>hence sitting in the clouds watching down, instead of flying through them

do your history the west had to teach the japs to form the're style the way it is now before the west they drew like 1800's shogun age

wrong i picked the punisher comics for a reason this guy is well known in his field as a master of the pencil true art and he gets paid ALOT! also just all round love the punisher

Is he actually sitting on the cloud or just floating in a sitting position?

Michael Turner

It's great pencilwork, sure, but all the digital editing is still pretty shit, I wouldn't call it art even if I thought Punisher was interesting.

>Manga art so shitty.

Looking at all those diaper wearing motherfuckers comic art is much shittier

it's cover art, so it's open to interpretation

maybe he's hovering and alive, maybe he's dead

you should really give it a shot the punisher comics are just wow

western art has actually been better than eastern art for a long time.

I've read enough to realize it wasn't going to make it to my top 10 American comics. Try some Allen Moore, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, and Warren Ellis and then tell me Punisher is interesting.

And as long as we're taking requests, I've got some good manga suggestions too.

I liked 100 Bullets better (for story)

Brian Azzarello is pretty fucking good, nearly everything he does is golden

You idiot.
It's stylized, that's all.
Or are you just pretending to be stupid Neanderthal?

Japanese comics are more fascinating to look at tbh

Allen Moore was the reason i started to love punisher with his watchmen art it has this dark grittiness but he focused on colors that fill the tone while gore fills the punisher's tone :)

oh yeah, and the Sin City comics by Frank Miller if you like it gritty

Then show me one non-stylized east art that's comparable to this then.

Mangas have like a hundred decent pages for the same price that comics cost for like fifteen high quality pages. It's just a different philosophy.

Seriously a faggot.

You are comparing cover art to interior page art. Try comparing: To what you find inside of DC and Marvel comic books. Its pretty fucking sad.

>mfw Alan Moore

I read his stuff before the movies came out, but I still enjoyed the movies. I can also see why he hated them so fucking much, though.

Laugh all you want, but TAWOG has better humor and a lot more relatable than any of your "NANI! NANI! BAKA YAMETE KUDASAI" pathetic attempt at being funny

yeh before he turned crazy period the guy was a genius but that was a long time ago

Don't comment on art if you don't understand it. The ability to describe in detail doesn't equate talent. Maybe skill. But if form is all you care about, go with digital photography.
American/Western art is stylized, too. Heavy into realistic detail and hyper-sexualized. One stylized form isn't better than the other. They're just different. It's like saying a tennis player is a better athlete than a pitcher. Eh, maybe, but it's different.

eat your heart out, loser.

hey, he said it wasn't fair because the east one was "Styziled" so I asked him to provide one. so it was implied that we were talking about the details.

He's still a genius artist, but he's definitely gone a bit weird.

The publishing company he set up, America's Best Comics has some pretty interesting shit. I think he just got really bored with traditional comic tropes.

>so I asked him to provide one.
So I asked him to provide one *that isn't

Jesus Christ, you give me a fucking headache. I guess I got stuck on your first inane point that one form of art was "better" than another, and for a long time. Blah blah that's just your opinion man blah.
Have a day. I'm drunk and stoned.

I like Tom Strong a lot, it's an interesting mix of nostalgia and futurism, one of Moore's less weird recent works.

okey dokey

The art for Promethea is great, even if the content is a little esoteric

Manga and american comic book art are completely different from each other, there is no better if you're comparing two different things. Its a matter of personal taste. I like both, just like I like pizza and i also like potato soup. Neither is better because theyre not the same

Pizza with pineapples? this is the important question.

anyone here read Invincible?
>Superman meets Super Saiyans

The contrast of flavors is amazing

like salted ice cream, it just works

Agreed. These are just things Hawaiian pizza haters just don't understand.

It's a scary bridge to cross, pineapple can be pretty intimidating

I never would have tried it if my wife hadn't forced it on me after she got a wrong order and discovered it by accident.

Sun Ken Rock

Really? pineapple pizza has been the main pizza dish our family has been eating since I was a child

because manga is for cringy kids

>that face

Is she happy, surprised, scared, or retarded?

at rest

Is that cowboy Henk in the bottom left?

Its sad how wrong you are. There are shiity drawn comics and there is shitty drawn manga.

But to say pic related isnt fucking amazing. You are retarded.

>next to no emotion in her face
>mostly comprised of computer generated imagry
>only redeeming feature is the shadding from the before mentioned computer generated imagry
Wow. How impressive

The Japanese like to cut corners. In anime it's especially noticeable. The back grounds and characters rarely move, just their mouths opening and closing.

nothing special could find death metal art better than that.

do manga artist just add black lines when they want something to look good?

this how you do cool black and white art

You want more emotions? here's one. they look really happy.

besides, she's just greeting clark. just be she doesn't close her eyes and smile like a retard like when manga artist try to portray happy emotions they probably never felt.

lmao cuz comics artists are liars. The only piece of art worked in a comic book is the cover. The inside of the comic is full of shitty drawings with broken lines and coloured with poor photoshop skills. Only a few artists make the whole content with quality.

This