Who is the best guitar player in the world?

Who is the best guitar player in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12975948
youtu.be/YwIuVPOc_Bw
youtu.be/tGKoT-7bAJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

strawpoll.me/12975948

Bootsy Collins

Me. 2020 remember this number screenshot it in the future you'll know who I am

The best guitar player ever isn't even an option m80

Guthrie Govan

Me

I thought it was tosin abasi, is that a meme?

isn't he like dead

>strawpoll.me/12975948

STOP SPAMMING YOUR SHITTY LISTS YOU TURBOFAGGOT. I WILL GO TO EACH ONE AND CALL YOU A CUNT FOR COMPILING SUCH NARROW CHOICES

not a huge Rush fan but probably Alex Lifeson desu
though maybe also Lee Ranaldo, Naia Izumi, or Yvette Young

fuck off will

No. He's actually been steadily improving his craft for almost 50 years now, unlike Eric Crapton, who still plays the same tired blues licks he played with Cream. Jeff's ability to coax any emotion or sound he wants out of a single note is completely unparalleled; his phrasing these days is nothing but extraterrestrial. His tremolo technique in particular is fucking mindboggling.
Lots of dudes can play technically difficult shit at a high BPM. Very few guitarists have a sound that is instantly recognizable after a few notes, though, and the number of guitarists that fit this definition who have also been steadily improving their craft for over 50 years is... one: Jeff Fucking Beck

desu

>Eric Crapton
>tired blues licks
I met Eric Clapton once in the early 80's. I tried to sell him some child safety windows and he just ignored me and played a few tired blues licks on his Strat.

Yes.

Buckethead/

This skeletal motherfucker

>best guitar player in the world
>electric guitar
burgers are hilarious!

Electric guitar is a far more versatile instrument. Why wouldn't the best guitarist in the world utilize its versatility?

I dunno about "best" in terms of technical ability, but my favorite is David Gilmour. His playing is emotive and moving and always enhances the song and never feels out of place or self indulgent. Tony Iommi is really good too, but he's more of a riff monster.

Sorry but Acoustic Electric has it beat.

thank you for this list

No. Aside from the fact acoustics almost never have tremolos, the sustain and easy to bend strings of an electric make it more versatile.
Electric is more expressive/versatile. It just is. Deal with it.
I get what you're trying to say. Acoustic is arguably more difficult to play. Electric is more versatile, though, and I would assume the world's greatest guitarist would, at some point, wish to use its versatility.

This man

>never feels self indulgent
nigga....

If Gilmour is self-indulgent then all guitar solos are.

And if all guitar solos are self-indulgent, then all instrumental solos are self-indulgent.

All music is self indulgent

He's tied with Allan.

>le autistic jazz fusion man

i like him too, hes bitchin

John Fahey

Discuss.

yeeeeeas

Jason Becker on electric
Paco de LucĂ­a on acustic.

Edgar cruz!

robbie basho, for fingerstyle at least

i wouldn't say the best, but he definitely comes up with some very original lines

Him for soloing
Him for rhythmic

the plebeian in his natural habitat

frusciante is a hack that uses the same sound on every goddamn song, he has absolutely no variation in his sound

Agreed with Paco

Electric- Shawn Lane
Skip to 3:00 when he really takes off

youtu.be/YwIuVPOc_Bw

Acoustic- Jimmy Rosenberg

Especially at :30

youtu.be/tGKoT-7bAJ8

>oh jesus fuck it's Shawn Lane on a fretless
This gon be good.

My bass player was best f,friends with him. Pic above is the fretless he was playing in the video. I get to play it whenever I'm over there.

this

SUCK IT IN SUCK IT IN SUCK IT IN IF YOU'RE RIN TIN TIN OR ANNE BOLEYN

If we're talking about technical ability hands down Tosin Abasi is the best guitar player in the world

Holdsworth

Is your friend Jonas Hellborg?

Ziltoid

In terms of technical, theoretical, improvisational, and musical skill; this man right here.

No

Shawn Lane = GOD

the slash from gnr