Be honest Sup Forums. How many of you have record players, and if you do, do you use it?

Be honest Sup Forums. How many of you have record players, and if you do, do you use it?

I own one, it works. Haven't gotten any sound out of it, but it's not due to the player. Pretty sure the speakers I bought are broken and I need a new pair.

I own one, but don't often use it as there's a record player in every room in the house and the speakers in my room are shitty, so I use one of the others

Yeah I have a whole set (record, cd and tapes) hooked up to an amplifier. If I see something I wanna buy and listen I don't want to think about what kind of media type I need.

I have one, but I don't use it because it's a Crosley (gift from my mother). Also I don't have any speakers

it's 1.25 in the morning and i'm now spinning Mike Oldfields' Return To Ommadawn for the first time on my Technics SL-7 turntable.

do you have a pre-amp? (also called phono-amp)
unless it's build in into your turntable or receiver, you're going to need one to get sound out of your turntable that's listenable.

me
yes

I have that exact record player. I don't really have a large record collection yet, just a few I got online. I'm probably gonna go to a record store this weekend.

I have this receiver, an Onkyo TX 3000, has a phono input in the back. I tried asking others if what the problem might be and most people agreed that the receiver should work fine without a pre-amp

I own one, but need to get a new one (old on is cheap and unloved/broke)

I don't own one but If i did I wouldn't use it.

Just bought an audio technica lp 60
r8

Why are crosleys shit bros

Because they're cheap and affordable.

I have a really shit one and I don't wanna risk playing my records on them

Yes but it's a shit one and I'm afriad of playing on it cause I think it will fuck up my precious records

I have this one its way to me right now

I got one my crazy Neighbour gave me before he went to jail. I would use it but i have no idea to earth it (its vintage from the 70s).

Anyone know how to earth an old record player?

I've got a crosley standalone console setup for now that's pretty shit but down the road I'm going to try to replicate my dad's setup. I've got now projects that music right now though.

Terrible sound quality and cheap construction and lack of fine tuning.

At least they look good and are cheap.

Just a FYI; a 'record player' is an all in one player with built in speakers and amp (bad) and a turntable just reads the record and is hooked up to a standalone amp and speaker setup (good).

>No dust cover

Why do they do this?

I mean, i know the meme is that it doesn't make any difference to how much dust will get on your records; which is probably true. Thing is, the turntable itself is going to get pretty dusty and it's so much easier to clean dust on a flat plastic surface that get into all the nooks and crannies of your table.

I also just can't help but associate dust covers as part of the aesthetic of a turntable. It just looks naked without one imho.

Mate the turntable comes with a dustcover, that's just a pic of it without one

OK, that's good. I've just also seen people with that line of turntable using them in their personal setup without the cover, which I find a bit silly.

ive got a thorens td-160 and yeah sometimes.

I have one but it's kinda cheap and basically not even worth using. It's not a Crosley but it's pretty much just like one in the sense that you can't adjust the counterweight or anything and the stylus is a cheap plastic piece of shit that will ruin my records. So I only use it on rare occasions when I want to listen to one of the like, 7 albums I own on vinyl.

yeah should be fine
because the stylus is crappy and ruins your record, because it's plastic, and because there is no counterweight on the tonearm making the whole thing lean on your record with too much weight.

Just used it last night.

I've got a Technics SL-QD33 with a Shure cartridge running through an 80s Onkyo receiver and a pair of vintage Radio Shack Optimus/Realistic Mach Two's that I got for free and rebuilt back in 2009.

It's a killer setup for rock, etc and I use it multiple times daily.

I use ur mum multiple times daily m8

I have a pretty good thorens
I don't use it
fully digital now

Rega RP1
Use it a few times a week.
Haven't had as much free time to listen.

i have one but i dont use it because the speakers are broken
:^(

mine are too. very upsetting

I'd give you a set, but I don't where you is at.

I have an Audio technia atlp-120, i use it nearly everyday for at least a half hour

I own one, but I only use it when I am feeling really good about myself or proud of something I did.

My family owns one but I do not use it because tape/record hiss is objectively a distortion of the original artwork and therefore objectively bad. I prefer my audio reproduction on accurate digital equipment like a logical human being.

I own one, have a lot of my favorite albums on vinyl, but don't really use it often.

Because plasma and fire and high voltage and mercury and PCB's
That's why tube amps are awesome.

I only have an LP-60 at the moment, but will hopefully upgrade at some point this year. I actually use it quite a bit, typically when I'm reading or studying.

Not using my phone or my computer helps me focus.

I've owned a Technics SL-D3 for a couple of years. I listen to music on it pretty frequently.

I was raised by my grandfather so I inherited his records and record player. Sometimes when I'm feeling lonely I'll listen to the jazz and klezmer records he loved so much.

Rega RP1 and I use it daily, feels good man

Finally ordered a replacement stylus for mine. I have like 10 new records I haven't listened to yet. Can't wait to start spinning shit again.

I have a Sony PS-LX300 USB. I do use it, but I've slowly been using my CD player and buying CDs more and more. I might sell the turntable and all its records.

i have the one from in pic related actually
it's great i use it all the time
prolly need to upgrade my speakers at some point but it's all good

I do, I do.

yes.
rarely, which is why im selling it off, along with my record collection.

I have 2. One Pro-Ject Debut III which I use with a dedicated amp and speakers for LPs, and an old all-in-one I use for 45s and 78s.

Yes, a mid 80s Sony that I bought cheap and I use it 3-4 times a week. It's the main source of music in my living room. Obviously I also have a conputer in my room with 2TB of music on like a real person

I have one and haven't had issues with it eating my records up yet, but if you're not trying to b8 find one with a counterweight soon.

Yes, and I spend way too much money on awesome records that I only listen to a couple times

I use it probably 3 times per week, for a couple hours each time. Shopping for them is fun and Most of my favourite music is easily and cheaply available on the medium.

God damn how much is that stack worth

>Endless Summer
Respect

Is endless summer a good record? I got it from my parents when I was given their old collection but haven't gotten around to listening to it.

It's great, I have Pet Sounds and Surf's Up too and the only BBs song I can say I'm missing that I care about is Good Vibrations. Pretty definitive greatest pop hits.

>also the record comes with a fairly unimpressive poster

I use a Audio‑Technica AT‑PL120 Turntable and my record collection is still growing.

About 400 bucks

>drinking Red Stripe
k e k

I don't have the room for an actual record player.

honestly yes. really only use it when i get a new record which is pretty often but usually just play them once

Marantz TT15s - every other day.

>speakers on the same height as the turntable

>calling it a record player

I don't have one, and I own physical records.

It's worth it. Eventually you will own one, right?

I do, and yes. I don't get the cance to use it as much these days, but that just means I need to get a turntable to keep at my gf's house.

What do you think about U-Turn Orbits? I was thinking of getting one.

i do this as well, have no other option. why is it bad?

My mom got me a Crosley Cruiser :'(

give her a hug

I've got a pioneer turntable, H/K 50+ receiver, and pioneer speakers. The amp's gorgeous (and was free).

I shall.

thats not my turntable, thats my receiver

They're cheaply made which has 2 big effects. The first is that they don't have an adjustable counter weight which means the that the needle is putting too much weight no the record and is causing much more damage then you would get if you could set the weight. The other is that the plate isn't designed very well, so there is a lot of movement up and down.

Also they're all in one systems so the speakers suck and so do the pre amps and pre amps. Any system is only as good as it's weakest link.

What are you some quality speakers for less than $400 that'll do dandy on a turntable? I've ventured into buying used, older ones, but it's a fucking rabbit hole. There are too many companies and what not. I'm currently using a denon dp300f with a ortofon 2m blue. for the money, it's perfect

not only that, since the speakers are built into the turntable, it causes additional vibrations to the platter, causing an even worse sound quality and more damage to records.

In addition, the platter isn't big enough to support a full 12" record, which means that a portion of it is hanging over the edge, which, when coupled with the heavy tracking weight, will cause it to bend and warp the record

you moron

damn that is gorgeous, how'd you get it for free?

I do, Beogram 1500, great player with top of the line shock resistance, despite being one of the cheaper Beograms of it's time ('78).
Midrange amp, Nikko Na-2000, but looking for an upgrade.
Use it at least 2 times a week, mostly in the morning before work. Currently listening to -filename-

I have close to half a dozen turntables, but this is the only one in fully working condition at the moment. Technics SL-Q6, direct drive, linear tracking.

It sounds fantastic even though all my records are thrashed. You can even select tracks and scan on this thing.

>You can even select tracks and scan on this thing.
Given it's not colored/picture/clear vinyl

>It's worth it. Eventually you will own one, right?
Yeah, when I can afford a good one.

I used to have one before I moved, and it was lost with some other stuff.

I still wish they made quality turntables with practical features like that. Nowadays it's either chintzy all-in-one machines, or expensive belt-driven machines that aren't even automatic with very little in between.

These are my newest records and my record player. I got it used for a good price a couple of years ago, hence the color and the glossy finish. Looks better in reality though, the lighting is crappy.
I'm listening to Dream Machine for the first time right now. It's amazing!

[spoiler]I use a CD player[/spoiler]

fuck me

bump

there are no spoiler tags on Sup Forums