Why is listening exclusively to videogame music considered wrong...

Why is listening exclusively to videogame music considered wrong? All of modern music sucks ass and it's made to appeal horny teenagers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UGhK4m-frkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t2wjCX81CHM
youtube.com/watch?v=xOGOo95uoZk
youtube.com/watch?v=CY26d0tPCpI
youtube.com/watch?v=y5sowVufUaY
youtube.com/watch?v=S3EKEwMXmXY
youtube.com/watch?v=6cn9ewsm8pg
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All of modern music sucks ass and it's made to appeal horny teenagers

I only listen to anime opening and ending songs, videogame themes, and songs/bands referenced in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

I jusr listen to neoclassic stuff mostly or vidya/anime music that has classic feel to it.

You're incredibly closed-minded if you think the only genres of music to exist are video game soundtracks and pop.

Fucking neck yourself.

me too

Mainstream music has pretty much always sucked with a few good artists getting through the cracks from time to time. Check out Death Grips, The Melvins, Mastodon, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=UGhK4m-frkQ

If you don't like modern music they don't listen to modern music and go find older music. Retard.

I used to listen to video game music in middle school and I thought I was so cool.

Then I grew the fuck up and realized most video game music is not pleasant to listen to unless you're playing the game.

>I listen to justin bieber and i'm 40

Because video games are for children you fucking retard. It's like saying you don't read books and only watch Barney and MLP. People would think you're fucking weird.

There's nothing wrong in listening to vidya music but it sure as fuck is wrong to assume ''all modern music'' is Top 40 garbage you hear on the radio.

Sup Forums has dozens of recommendation charts. Take your time and develop your taste, pleb.

>I only do stuff other people tell me to say, do or like and i don't have a personality because i'm an insecure faggot

inb4 you'll use the MUH PROJECTION argument like every cornered autist in this place

This honestly. I listen video games music from time to time, mostly when I'm on the computer, but I would never tell anyone I do or listen to it in public on my phone.

Obvious memes aside, that last one isn't actually that bad since a fuckton of good, or at least decent, music is referenced in Jojo's

You are living in a time where find music is easiest as never before. But you are a lazy cunt who can't lurk.

>All of modern music sucks ass

No, it doesn't. It's your fault if all you hear is top 40 garbage.

there is new music in every fucking genre, lots of it unknown and pretty damn good.

anyone who says "all new music is bad" is a fucking retard.

Exactly

Game music is often not made to be listened on its own, it is made with the game in mind. Although you can argue that you enjoy game music more than whatever is on the radio, you have to consider that radio top 40 is a small sample.
Plus this is more of a personal experience for me, but usually game music works more as pop music in the sense that it is very straight forward and has little lasting appeal after one or two listens. It's like comparing classical 20th century music with Two Steps Frlm Hell or some Hans Zimmer composition. The first is more interesting and encourages attentive listening, the second is more "catchy" and immediately enjoyable (but has less layers and can all be uncovered with a listen or two).

>LMAO XD IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE MASSES YOU'RE RETARDED

>The Melvins
You are my hero

There's nothing wrong with listening to video game music but listening to it exclusively is just being uncultured.
>all of modern music sucks ass and is for horny teenagers
if you believe this you are a fucking idiot, plain and simple.

I should also add that i dont think one is better than the other, they are listened to by people who look for different things in music

>ALL modern music in a time when it is vastly easier for any retard to produce than ever before in human history is mass produced normie trash

My point is literally that it is easier than ever to find independent, mostly unknown artists who are making good music in a variety of genres. That's the opposite of "the masses".

What part of me calling Top 40 music shit indicates that I believe someone should " follow the herd "?

>justin bieber is all of modern music

R U L E

T W O

>bait thread
>one billion replies

there's nothing wrong with listening to Zelda's theme while you cry yourself to sleep user.

I went from pleb->Sup Forums-core->videogame soundtracks

The real question is what kind of videogame music you prefer,most plebs here think that epic orchestral soundtracks or ambient shit is the best when it shouldn't even exist in a videogame.

Why shouldn't a video game have whatever music the creators want it to have?

>All of modern music sucks ass

ignorant

Go to Sup Forums sharethreads and lurk a bit. Good stuff there every now and then.

i like j-rock and j-pop a lot more then i should.
no bully pls

>the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
>cannot use the internet to find the infinite amount of good music besides the mainstream top 40
Art thou mentally challenged

*tips fedora*

Have you swallowed the Japanese music pill, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=t2wjCX81CHM
youtube.com/watch?v=xOGOo95uoZk
youtube.com/watch?v=CY26d0tPCpI

Only a few composers can make interesting orchestral music in videogames,the rest just makes music that "fits".
And ambient stuff should be relegated to movies,literally the worst thing to happen to videogame soundtracks.

Sorry, but "new" doesn't mean popular or appealing to masses. It means it recently was released. There is new music constantly coming out that isn't pop music. Video game music is specifically designed to accompany a game that should appeal to masses.

Nothing you said is anything more than your own opinion. Therefore, I remain unchallenged.

I've swallowed too many j-music pills desu
youtube.com/watch?v=y5sowVufUaY

no need to be insecure about your music tastes, just don't go flailing it around, because nobody cares. faggot

>Bait
no, i'm genuinely asking this

>i like shit music

You would fit right in with the people that buy movie soundtracks.

>Why is listening exclusively to videogame music considered wrong
its reductive

it is whatever you say it is because you dont fucking listen to it retard

yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=S3EKEwMXmXY

It isn't, but spouting retardation like the 2nd half of your post makes people think it is.

Pop music isn't necessarily bad

There is some good OST. Akira, for example

I didn't say I liked anything you mentioned. I questioned why you think it shouldn't be allowed in video games, and you didn't have an answer other than " -I- personally don't like it, therefore no one is allowed to like it. " which is a bottom of the totem pole argument that a a dumb ass makes. The cherry on top was you putting words in my mouth.

>lmao modern music sucks
C'mon guys, I thought you weren't absolute fucking retards about EVERYTHING.

It's ok quentin, we don't ban tripfags anymore

see

>N-NO THAT'S NOT TRUE!!
*loudly faps to music video*

>Say that modern music sucks ass and is undoubtly commercial
>Underages get triggered
pottery

Mastodon is my shit

who /highquality/ here
youtube.com/watch?v=6cn9ewsm8pg

>tell a blatant lie for the sole purpose of baiting
>It's wrong if anons are upset

>all music is top 40 and glorious vidya music

Depends on what video games. If you listened to J-weeb-shit, for example, you should practice long and hard to attempt to kick yourself in the nuts so you don't reproduce.

If, however, you listened to soundtracks like this...

youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

SHHHHHH don't worry little timmy, nobody insulted your precious boyband

Vulfpeck is a boyband now?

This will change once you pass 20

>All this projecting

Go back to bed user