Can some American here explain how they keep whites and blacks extremely segregated? What's their secret?

Can some American here explain how they keep whites and blacks extremely segregated? What's their secret?

cbsnews.com/news/kids-fight-stereotypes-using-chess-in-rural-mississippi/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation_busing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'm curious too

>be segregated for hundreds of years
>develop separate social circles with different cultures
>abolish segragation 50 years ago
>make some effort to mix things up
>leave things mostly alone
>surprise: people stay in their respective social groups

The answer is that once a few black people move into a neighborhood, all the whites leave. Gentrification is essentially the same phenomenon in reverse

Just in comparsion, Brazilian schools, way more brown people and few pure blacks or whites.

social oppression

on a related note the teacher looks like jeb bush

here comes the butt hurt pardo autismo

racism tbqh

Privatized education system.
Objective economical, geographical and cultural separation until the 50s.
Less objective separation since then.
Reduced social care.

True, but there's still also a lot of de facto segregation in the public schools

From a non-white non-black person's perspective, niggers bore chaos wherever they go. White Americans (anyone other than upper class) often deserves blame for many actions that have the root cause in their peanut sized brain, but blacks do things worse. Even if the white society try their best to educate the black people, blacks' parents and communities spread voodoo tier retarded common sense to their younglings and it is a total vicious cycle.

then it was a shitty neighborhood to begin with if it attracted that kind of blacks
blacks in rich neighborhoods are rare but they are ok

>Gentrification is essentially the same phenomenon in reverse

No the former the people leave by choice. The latter the poor are forced out in various ways to worse parts nearby or far away.

Only well off whites in the northeast and midwest during the early 1900s did this

That makes no sense. Your spot just hinges on "I said so" isms such as you using your non-white and black heritage as some shitty attempt to appear impartial to establish your crude points.

What kind of Blacks? The ones that want to move up?

The further you go from the cities the more driving you're required to do. Poor people don't own cars. There is no segregation beyond this.

Segregation is God Tier. If a place is shit, just move to another place with people similar to you.

Retail people did pretty well to prey on this to get houses for cheaper prices.

Sure, there is a level of economic coercion to gentrification that is not at play with white flight. All I meant to say was that they result in opposite trends of racial migration

I am curious about that myself but I never talked to them so I am not sure about their background. I see them once in a while walking their dog, etc. They are just normal folks like everyone else. But very very few of them.

Because most people send their kids to public schools, and most public schools are just local ones offered in a district, and whites and blacks don't often live in the same district at proportional rates and send their kids to the same schools.

Very simple. School districts. There are poor areas and rich areas. Rich areas have better schools and real estate is more expensive and most blacks can't afford to buy a house there. When you are new in town, you check the stats and decide where to settle.

People just want to hang out with their own kind there's literally no other reason to say so is retarded

t.juan

You have no idea how things are better in this way.

t.faggot cuck

Or are you a nigger

Nah it has more to do with property values in school districts and the racial wealth gap

that doesn't explain at all the different levels of segregation found throughout history or countries.

what do you think there is different "kind" ?

It's way better the American way, people keep their racial identidy and diversity. Not everyone the same.

Hm yeah you sound like you have a lot to contribute to a rational discussion of social behavior

now that's one dumb question

yeah segregation didn't help to create multiple culture within the US

Also, even though american towns have a shitty public transportation, there are still quite a few bus routes within the city limits. But the funny thing is none of them go all the way to the white suburban areas. Of course that may be due to lack of demand but you can also argue that keeps bad folks out of the area. Also cops are better funded and they are not too busy or stressed out so they tend to do a better job preventing crime etc.

It's simple. Here in the South we recognize that whether you are Black, White, Hispanic or Asian, that you are different from one another and that one should stay with their own kind. That is human nature, not a social construct like the liberals preach. Animals recognize differences within their own genus, why can't humans?
When I went to college down here, all the fraternities and sororities accepted everyone, but go to the cafeteria or library, people stayed with their own race. Again, it is human nature to flock to ones own group.
T.bh It is better that way and it works. What causes societal chaos is integrating people. Look at the crime rates of self-segregating cities/rural populations vs. multicultural mega cities...that will explain a lot.

>Inb4
>You're a racist.
Just a race realist that recognizes differences.

>Animals recognize differences within their own genus

It's not racism, it's a lot of better in this way, believe me.

If you threw them all in the same school do you honestly think blacks, white people, chicanos, asians, etc would all hang out together? No they would form groups and hang out with their own kind its nature

It kind of does.
>I want my kind around me
>segregation

Because ones a nigger, ones a asian, ones white and they're different kinds of people

t.literal cuck faggot

>within their own genus

Lmao are you seriously implying that blacks and whites are different species? Top notch "race realism", mate: I'm sure it's been peer reviewed.

So this is why you fight so much each other in Brazilian threads, you created a fake country with many circlejerks and now they don't feel related to each other.

Autosegregaton is a natural social construct.

and clear disparity in services and public services simply based on where one lives to the point that on one side of the line is filled with the best schools in the board while and directly on the other side right beside the line you have the shittiest schools in the county, (hell even the state) right beside it.

Basically this. Also, if you are white and want to escape violence and live with people similar to you, you only have small rural areas.

What about South Brazil? Or is it a meme

Small rural areas too.

You mean those rural areas with little to their name and not much going for them?

>It kind of does.
>>I want my kind around me
>>segregation
no it doesn't
there are a lot of countries where there exist multiple ethnic groups that recognize each other. Turkey, the UK, Cambodgia, Russia, China, Somalia, France etc etc.
In some of these countries this situation has existed since the country was created, in other it is new. In your case it is the former.
However these countries all have different levels of segregation. Your explanation can only explain why this segregation could exist but in doesn't explain the differences. Mine does.

I read that in the Soviet Union lots of different ethnic groups were forcefully mixed and apparently that didn't work too well. I think the same is happening in China. Except for a different reason (assimilation).

Because Russians were on top and favoured.

People self-segregate. But it's not as drastic as some people ITT are making it sound like.

>Can some American here explain how they keep whites and blacks extremely segregated?

They stopped the government from literally forcing people to go to a certain school (even if it was far away) on the basis of their skin colour in the 1980s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation_busing

Threads like this makes me lost any admiration for humanity and I wish mass extermination, the earth killed all dinosaurs for this?

>1980's
yeah and slavery was abolished not that long ago relative to cosmic time

Don't worry senpai, we'll be dead within a century from the clathrate gun scenario being triggered by industrial greenhouse effects

Global warming is fake.

t. Faux news grandpa

>then it was a shitty neighborhood to begin with if it attracted that kind of blacks

All it takes is Section 8 (government assisted) housing which is often forced by the government in areas.
Half of once nice NYC neighborhood became a violent ghetto like this.
Or they suddenly let them build mediocre apartments too close or in a nice area.
Or like now, so many decent middle class neighborhoods are wrecked because so many people lost their homes or tried becoming real estate moguls during the housing bubble.
Millions of homes suddenly dropped in value and investors like groups of doctors and shit come in and buy them all up for 1/4 of what they were worth just a year ago and they turn them into Section 8 rentals.
Everybody in the neighborhood who didn't do stupid shit with their housing suddenly has human trash from the projects of some city renting with government assistance next to them, breaking into everything and hanging around outside selling drugs and shit and the decent people start moving out.
If you live in Malibu or what ever you don't have to worry about it but it can happen pretty easily to most places.

All in the name of diversity of course

but you are wrong

You are basically talking about the white flight which is nothing new and I can see how this could still happen in some areas. But man, why are you dramatizing this so much. You must be talking about some specific areas that I am not aware about. But hey, it is a big country.

no u

Thats a non sequiter senpai

Because blacks are mostly stupid, violent, and exceptionally racist. Only "uncle toms" get along with whites/asians/hispanics. The difference in brazil is that you're all stupid and violent but still look different from one another

Have you not seen the "Dog vs Wolf. Black vs White" Sup Forums spam images?

Taking the first few days of Biology 101 then dropping out and reading the Haplotype wikipedia page was required to browse Sup Forums

Indeed. Much like the periodical news publications of the antebellum American South, Sup Forums only cares about science so far as it can be used to shill for their reactionary agenda.

WRONG

My city for example. Main Street was where all the wealthy folk lived. Doctors, lawyers etc. The high society of my city.

Well sometime in the 80's a new apartment went up that someone built for the exclusive purpose of creating Section 8.

Within 15 years every rich person was gone. Now main street, referred to as Main South is a fucking shithole.
The good thing is my city is currently trying to evac Main Street. + With a very reputable world recognized University dead center of the neighborhood the school is buying up cheap properties like mad. My city is making an effort but it's going to take about 20 years. And I don't plan on sticking around much longer for that wait.
I just plan on keeping my house nearby for once it's eventually passed to me and my siblings. My parents keep saying "When we die sell this shit". I say no fucking way. My city is getting bigger daily, pretty soon my comfy home will be worth bank. + decent place to raise a family.

Also I want to add it's important to talk to locals of age to get a real idea of what went wrong. Stats and official documents will attribute the decline of my city to the decline of industrialization in the U.S. This is easy to throw out and doesn't really offend anyone.
However talk to any locals and they will tell you that's bullshit. They all were able to successfully find other work and even still maintain the blue collar feel.
No it was the rise of Section 8 ghetto's and unofficial sanctuary status.

In recent years my city has taken an unofficial effort to push all the shitbags into a far corner of our city and deeper into a neighboring town.
This is disguised as not to offend once again, but a bit of insider knowledge goes a long way and I can simply say that the plan is literally push the ghetto out of the city by any means necessary.
Well in these recent years more and more young people have started to flock back.
More and more middle class people are deserting their nearby towns. + some of the best hospitals in the country, 45 miles away from a Major U.S. City, cheap affordable living is giving rise to a population boom. We have 9 colleges and are desperately trying to find a way to keep students once they graduate. We are keeping the medical students but we need more finance students sticking around.

A massive insurance company is just finishing up it's construction within this year expected to employee hundreds of new young professionals.