Star Trek Beyond Thread

>wtf did I just what
>the first two were so good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i haven't seen Beyond yet, but the first two were awful.

doesn't help when goddamn kids are being rowdy the whole movie either, fuck movie theaters I'm done with that shit

but you are still seeing the 3rd one?

cmon it just came out

I rather liked it. Just...why does the Enterprise look less cool than the Franklin?

i left with 15 minutes left cuz it was just so dumb.
what were they thinking

Yeah, it wasn't great. Felt like a classic TOS episode stretched out. It drags when they're on the planet and the climax was rushed.

Why can't we have a Star Trek film where they just trek stars and chill and shit? Meet new life forms that aren't trying to fuck their shit up?

Anyhoo, "Sabotage" was classic though. As were the Starfleet jackets. Wouldn't mind wearing one of those, they look comfy.

If you're a fan of Star Trek, this movie is far superior to the first two.
The Sabotage scene is a bit irritating, but only because the music feels out of place. The scifi principle behind it feels very much like something that could happen on the show, however. There are other things that aren't perfect, but honestly, it's much closer to the spirit of Star Trek than the first two movies were, and it finally got the chemistry between the main characters right.

The beginning was too bad to come back from

>Idris Elba's face tho

Why does a spaceship need speed to fly? It doesn't have wings.

Stark Trek 09 was OK, it brought some novel ideas but it wasn't anything special overall.
Into Darkness was absolutely shit.
This one was a lot better, a lot more fun and Jaylah's character was a nice breath of fresh air. I also liked that Kirk wasn't as much of a dumb caricature like he was portrayed in the previous movies. It's not great, but then again neither were the other two.

>mfw the whole flick was just an anti-Brexit, anti-Trump, anti-Racism, SJW snooze fest disguised as a Star Trek film.

Someone who liked all 3 films incoming

I thought Into Darkness was alright but not as good as the first one, which was a solid sci-fi action romp, but both of them were really shit as far as capturing the feel of Star Trek and what it's all about.

As far as being Star-Trek like goes, Beyond comes way way way closer to it than either of the previous two could have dreamed. The sense of unity, character and the fact that there was less interpersonal conflicts and drama and more of a focus on a united crew dealing with an external threat all contributed to making the film feel much more in the style of a classic Star Trek movie or episode than even some of the TNG films.

As far as action goes I honestly thought this was somewhat worse than either of the previous two, but as far as actual writing, direction, and living up to the franchise name, it's the best of the nu-trek series by a substantial magnitude. The villain was a bit shit but I don't think the villains were ever really a main focus of Star Trek at least as characters.

Basically: Beyond was the far better movie of the 3 new ones in terms of Star Trek and its themes. It felt like it was an incredibly well made and high budget episode of an old ST series in the best way possible.

Star Trek has always been pro-diversity since its fucking inception its one of its main themes, oy vey

What?

The first act of the movie is really good IMO, it's the first time any of the new movies came close to feeling like classic Star Trek

Story: dude gets butthurt that Federation couldn't freaking find and rescue him.

"I'm going to kill everything"

>O-okay that makes sense.
>shit storyline

He was mad because the Federation disbanded the military and they just want to share hugs and candy with everyone. Them abandoning him was icing on the cake.

Nice job not paying attention though.

so you are defending the plot?

Really? A movie that was in post production prior to Trump entering the race, and being distributed as Brexit happened?

Yes.

Are you really going to sit here and try and convince me Trek 09 or Into Darkness had better plots?

they were more entertaining imo

It was surprisingly good. I'm glad they gave JJ the boot. It was the best of the reboot movies so far.

I really liked how slow it was in the beginning. It made the later parts feel much more exciting by comparison. I'm not saying that constant action is necessarily a bad thing, but there are pros and cons.

So it was a run of the mill Star Trek film?

What part are you referring to?

I watched it while eating a burger in semi-reclinable seats in a theatre with a total of 7 people. It was pretty cash money.

WHY THE FUCK IS NO ONE DISCUSSING THE NEW ENTERPRISE

THEY FINALLY FIXED THE FUCKING NACELLES

I'M SO HAPPY!

Also, I enjoyed the film, and appreciated the subtle nods to classic Trek movies and character development.

what was wrong with them?

They were way too fucking close together. I could get over all the other changes, and actually really like the aesthetic of it overall... but FUCK they really screwed them up.

I really, really liked it. Shame that Into Darkness, being intensely awful, has made people wary of going to nu-Trek movies.

The only thing I disliked outright was the space battle at the beginning, which dragged on forever. Also, the main villain could've used more fleshing out, as I really liked the 'Starfleet captain unable to handle the frontier, goes crazy'-angle as it resonated with Kirk's own doubts.

honestly i hated the way they mashed up the TOS and the refit

I liked it, for what it was anyway. Aside from the engines and the neck being too far back on the engineering section. Regardless, I'm excited to see some stills of the new Enterprise A so I can see what other changes they made.

Not going to lie, I sat through the whole movie chomping at the bit to get to the end so I could see her.

I liked the first two, but hated Beyond so much. It was just so fucking boring...they crash their ship in the first ten minutes and THE ENTIRE TWO HOUR FILM is spent on that same planet until the last ten minutes. The gay sulu scene made everybody in the audience gasp and say ew, and after that sjw bullshit I was shocked to see that they made the villain be black and not some evil republican white cis scum. Is this the end of a trilogy? Will there be more? Hopefully not...This movie did worse at the box office than the other two and I almost didn't even realize it fucking came out at all. J.J. Abrams was clearly too busy with Episode 7 to actually take the time for a proper Star Trek movie. But hey its 90% on RT so obviously it's good right?

Wait, this is the THIRD movie?!?! What the fuck?!?!

Your """opinion""" is a joke

>Those scenes between spock and mccoy

It's been a long time since i last heard the entire theater laugh like shit

So do we think Abrams is really going to bring Kirks dad back?

Or do you think when they say that Hemsworth is "returning" as George Kirk, they really mean that he's playing Jim's older brother George Kirk Jr and not the father?

(You)

Time travel

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

it was GARBAAGE

It's shocking that anything in the Star Trek franchise could ever be so flagrantly liberal considering Gene Roddenberry was such a staunch gay and negro hatin' war-loving conservative.

most badly written villain yet

The Nero character was way more retarded.

I was iffy on the first 2 minutes with the council meeting but as soon as Kirk started his captain's log I was hooked.

It was pretty much everything I wanted from a Star Trek movie. Good action and lots of character interactions. IV is unironically my favorite Trek movie and Beyond felt a lot like IV.

I loved the Sabotage scene because it was just so Macross.

That and I liked the references to the Enterprise TV series. It showed at least some continuity to the "main" ST universe. Apparently Simon Pegg referred to Memory Alpha to get those details right when writing the script.

Somebody will make a clip of this scene with "Do you remember love?" when the BD comes out, I'm sure.

I was a little disappointed Kirk was just given an almost 1:1 copy instead of a B model or something distinctly different.

A minor complaint, but that's like three movies where most of the other ships we've seen are wreckages or didn't survive a movie. Vengeance and Franklin with bitchin' though.

Star Trek Beyond is almost the worst Star Trek movie.

>most badly written
>when Nero and Benedict Cumberkhan exist

Shiggy

I loved the tie-ins to Enterprise; the Xindi/Romulan Wars, Edison being ex-MACO, the old uniforms.

A free film on putlockr, be grateful you fat fucking cunt

Sorry but that webm is rape, im triggered by the way he is handling her wtf, why doesnt she just say stop or dont touch me?

He was a nationalist that was abandoned by his nation that became increasingly liberal while he was stranded. Dont forget he survived hundreds of years past average human life span and absorbed all types of fucking organisms its safe to say he had gone mad.

Needed more Jaylah

If I remember correctly, the Xindi were supposed to join the federation in the future eventually. So the people he once fought are now compatriots of the humans.

The Xindi did technically join the Federation, but they went into exile for the longest time. Why I dunno.

If you thought into darkness was good then you must have shit taste and your opinion can be safely discarded

Why did the Federation just rebuild the old Enterprise at the end? Shouldn't they get a new class of ship? The Enterprise would have been nearly 5 years old at that point. Did the Federation not develop new ship types during that period?

And on that idea, why didn't we see any other Federation ships? The most advanced space station in the Federation with gigantic docking bays and construction yards, doesn't have a single other star ship in or around it?

>sabotage scene is a bit irritating

Miserable fucking cunt. You must want all the trek films to have absolutely no fun at all.

A person having their way of life taken from them and replaced with something that is the total opposite is more believable than the last two films plots were.

In the beginning, admiral exposition says "The Enterprise has the most advanced scanning systems, apart from a new ship under construction".

They just took the new ship that was already being built and called it the enterprise.

It really fucking isn't faggot.

Their rescue ships were sent to a fake distress area. Did you even listen to the dialogue? Fucks sake people are idiots.

I'd say it was the most like Star Trek: Insurrection.

It was just a long episode. Which was good considering this cast/crew didn't have an episodic series.

Best ship coming through

Opinion discarded.

These guys liked it, therefore Sup Forums liked it.

Now close this thread.

/thread

Nice parroting of RLM opinions, fucking hack

Of the rebooted series:
1>3>2

Prove me wrong.

>Idiotic holes in the primary hull
> over 1000 meters long
>named "Vengeance"

This whole film was retarded. Still looking better than the Abramsprise, though.

Why is that thing so much more pleasing to look at than anything JJverse?

The first two were awful, this is way, way better

I saw it yesterday afternoon. It was about what I expected: a competent, but not outstanding action yarn. Also, Sofia Boutella a cute.