ITT: We examine Zombie Simpsons

We perform the autopsy on the living corpse that is The Simpsons. What exactly makes it bad, in comparison to the "Golden Era"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tLSy8Tl2bjs
deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One thing I've noticed is that everyone just talks so fucking fast. Moving from one thought to another, just jack-hammering whatever slop the writers came up with instead of writing actual, compelling dialog with meaningful jokes that had depth.

endless celebrity cameos who aren't even playing different characters but just feautirng as themselves

i have never seen a full episode of the simpsons

I saw a fantastic video about why references in the Simpsons are so much worse now. He argued that back in the 90's culture was essentially much narrower. People dependably watched almost the same things on television. That meant that making references that many people would understand was a lot easier and could be done in a much more subtle manner. Nowadays there is such an overwhelming load of media being consumed it's almost impossible to make a reference most people will understand without the reference essentially just blatantly acknowledging the name of the show

Unfortunately in the video he claimed that lets the new Simpsons off the hook for being worse which is just wrong. It's worse in many ways now, not only in references

>Numerous unfunny celebrity cameos
>Constantly satirizes a current fad that will look dated as fuck in a few months
>Animation is so stiff
>Nearly every episode is so forgettable or just retarded because of its over the top outlandish plot
>Jokes are plain unfunny

I think I listed them all

>Homer takes a page from 50 Shades of Grey and decides that a sadomasochistic relationship with Marge is the way to go. Meanwhile, Milhouse uses Marlon Brando's ghost to get advice on how to impress Lisa.

That's pretty insightful. Do you have a link to the video?

Real or fake? I can't tell anymore with these things.

When I first saw that summary posted on here I thought it had to be fake, but it's actually real.

ITT: write an episode

>Stars Bart and Captian MCcallister
>The family are eating at the frying dutchman, where one of Bart's pranks causes the restaurant to be damaged
>Amidst the wreckage, they find that a piece of a treasure map, and the Simpsons make Bart help the sea captain to repay the damages
>Professor Frink determines the composition of the material the map is written on, and they can locate the other two pieces
>One is in the power plant, in the nuclear core, which Homer casually walks into to retrieve
>the second piece is in the retirement home, Bart obtains it while making sure he is not seen by any of the residents otherwise he will be forced to stay
>Bart and captain piece the map together and set sail to find the treasure
>after sailing to the spot, they find there is a small island but there is no treasure
>Deciding to cut their losses, they sail back to Springfield, where they tell everyone of their island
>Mr Burns finds out about it, and it turns out the island contains radioactive material, making sailors who decided to stay there go crazy, hence the pointless map
>because Bart and the captain were the two to discover the island, they are the legal owners
>Burns buys the island, so he can mine for radioactive material, much to Lisa's detest
>the money they received from the sale covers the cost of the damages

I just looked it up. I was 95% sure user was memeing us.

>Watching old episode
>"Sometimes the only way for a person to feel good about himself is to make someone else look bad! And I'm tired of making other people feel good about themselves"

I think it was the delivery.

are you sure that's not an existing episode

>Have no fears, we've got stories for years.

Every ridiculous thing mentioned in that song actually happened in zombie Simpsons.

That is how bad it has gotten.

Old Simpson's had god-tier delivery

>You know, Homer... We're almost like the original odd couple. You're the fat, slovenly one, and I-
>SHUT UP

youtu.be/tLSy8Tl2bjs

I can't believe how quickly making fun of Trump got old. I thought it would be hilarious forever

Now I'm just sad and spooked

Homer: Bart, why are you doing that
Bart: I 'unno

later...

Marge: Bart are you tearing up the carpet?
Bart: Yuh huh
Marge: Homer, why are you letting him do this?
Homer: I 'unno

lol, was just about to post this. The over-explaining of things as they are happening. Do they really think their viewers are that dumb?

Nice image.

That doesn't sound too bad.

Thank you. I don't know who's making these things but they're a legend.

The show is no longer about a "normal" American family. The original writers were all people who had an idea of middle class people lived and worked, the new writers are mostly rich hipster kids. This means that the show plots are usually about rich hipster kid shit and the characters act like rich hipsters in response to said rich hipster shit. This leads to us getting entire episodes about going to the Apple Store, unfunny parodies of "Boyhood," and even worse celebrity cameos than the old ones.

Also the show has been changed to reflect their social and political sensibilities, Homer had an episode where he had to learn not to strangle Bart because child abuse is triggering. Political jokes are no longer clever satire, they're open liberal pandering. No more jokes about PC topics like homosexuality or crossdressers.

But someone literally already did that.

deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/

Yep that happened...

They ran out of ideas but the money was too good to pass up. Simple as that.

Old Simpsons were trendsetters.

Current Simpsons build episodes around whatever's trending at the moment (or, as is the case, six months before the episode airs), parroting everything that's popular and mainstream.

That's the difference. Compare "Do the Bartman" to the Kesha Intro.

>six months before the episode airs

i just realized that every animated sitcom is gonna have their requisite pokemon go and election episodes this fall fuck me

Yeah, but South Park's will be decent, since they already have a precedent for Pokemon