Why aren't you fags watching the best TV series of 2016

Why aren't you fags watching the best TV series of 2016.

Because we all already watched it two weeks ago.

DELET THIS

I got All the eps ready to be watched. How good is it

Incredible.

It's gonna take you back to the past.

It's a 8 hour long movie that perfectly encapsulates the 80's, while having a strong plot and story that propels it along.

It's alright.

Narrative isn't anything original, but the characters are all superbly written and acted. They're the primary reason you'll keep watching.

I care about all the characters

this was comfy as fuck fampai

it's comfy, i can see why people lose their shit over it even if it's just a grab bag of ideas taken from 80's pop culture, represented as "homages" or whatever.

if you've seen a lot of Stephen King movies or Stand by Me/The Goonies, be prepared to go "hey i remember this plot device" often.

Because Mr. Robot S2 isn't finished yet.

Only on ep. 5 too much shit to watch but avoiding all the threads that have bombarded this place for the past few weeks until then

The Americans was the best TV show of 2016.

>scifi
netflix
Im not a pleb. no thanks

I don't watch tv series' faggot, go back

Do you guys remember how It Follows, which was also an 80s-style horror story, had this powerful subtext about loss of innocence? There is something with Stranger Things that I just can't get out of my mind that makes the slightly unsatisfying ending better, and which makes think that people who believe we are going to come back to these characters are slightly off track. Like "Twilight Zone" I think each season of "Stranger Things" is going to deal with something entirely new.

*Early in the first episode Joyce (Winona Ryder) talks about how her son is very feminine and that for a while they all thought he was queer.

*When the monster shows up her son, who has a very feminine facial structure, is replaced by a very short-haired girl (Eleven) who really looks like a boy.

*Eleven is EXTREMELY afraid of closets. When Mike is trying to hide her from his mom in one the girl really panics, ends up crying and has her first flashback.

*At first everyone is very distrustful of the weirdo "who doesn't even look like a girl" and who Mike has to hide in his basement, but slowly she comes to earn everyone's trust when they realize that she may even have something to contribute. Also note the poignant scene when they first dress Eleven up as a girl.

*Meanwhile Barbara who does not look particularly feminine and who it is hinted that has a crush on Nancy, like when the police ask Nancy whether they think Barbara may have been jealous and run away, is killed by the monster while sitting outside by herself, melancholy about Nancy being together with some guy.

*In the end the girl who looks like a boy sacrifices herself to defeat the monster, the boy returns to replace her again and everyone is at balance again. But the returned boy now has to live in secret with his contact with "the up side down world", going alone to the bathroom to throw up slugs at Christmas.

Basically I think the monster is some kind of metaphor for angst about LGBT which is sort of in retrospect recognized as the unease behind the monsters in 80s movies, that a lot more people still had to live with hidden. Also note that Stranger Things is likely partly intended to be a replacement while Sense8 is on hiatus, which premiered last summer, another sci-fi show with LGBT themes.

why aren't you sucking cock OP?

Because I've already seen the Goonies, I don't need to see a shitty nostalgia-baiting version of it.

Why's he so CUTE?

This shit was overrated as fuck

still a great show

>tfw you only just realise the villain is "GET THIS HOTHEAD OUT OF HERE" guy

I fucking KNEW I recognised him

Its ok

Overall it is, yes, since the story is quite lackluster. But the characters, their writing and acting are all superb, and that's what people are focusing on. Normies don't really care about the story, it's originality or whether or not it makes sense (especially for something with only 8 episodes).

It's still a strong 7, light 8/10

I've already watched it twice senpaitachi.

Im definitely excited for the next part of the best show of this summer.