Any longboarders here?

Any longboarders here?

Thinking of buying one, never ridden one or skated before.

Looking at getting pic related.

Any advice for a beginner?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B008EZNY4W/ref=twister_B01DGRCIKI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=AuCv9DV2Nbc&t
youtu.be/25LgaLCNSWM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keep your knees bent and your center of gravity low.

Got into it for a short time with some friends at school. Borrowed one of their boards to get going. Had a bad wipeout which caused me to stop before I got my own. Anyway, recommend finding some friends who do it so they can help you learn

Fun as shit, but dont get hit by a car. Always stay in the lane running INTO traffic if its not busy roads so you can see what's coming.

amazon.com/dp/B008EZNY4W/ref=twister_B01DGRCIKI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

great beginner board. Well made and cheap.

This is retarded, you should be on a sidewalk, or with traffic as a vehicle.

if you go fast wear a helmet even tho it makes you look like a fag

I'd start with a normal board first. Took me about 2 hours for 2 night to learn to ride and turn. Don't expect to do everything perfectly on the first night, just gotta keep doing it for a while for your body to get used to it

This. I wiped out and got three stitches above my eye and had a minor concussion.

you can get a better set up cheaper google a bit more

Longboarding = skateboarding's gay cousin

No actual boarder is riding on roads with sidewalks.
And yeah, get fucked by cars you cant even see going 10mph in a 35.

>this

Get a skateboard, faggit

Get a longboard with a Bluetooth so you can strap it to your face and get phone calls when you're not shredding.

OP here. Theres a nice bike path that goes through some park lands near me, mostly smooth pavement far enough from cars.

I'm thinking of the sector 9 for its low profile which is supposedly more stable.

I plan on getting a helmet and maybe some elbow pads, some of the sidewalks here are pretty uneven.

more fun, go faster, yet safer.. yeah def gay cousin.

I've used both, and longboard is definitely better for getting from point a to b- Less noisy and they roll smoother.

This

skateboards are much more fun in the long run plus girls

Best to start out on flat runs to get a feel for your board and style of riding. Don't do any type of downhill til you learn to control your shit. Wiping out at 30-40 mph will fuck you up

Make sure to wear knee pads, I fucked my knee up a while ago.

Good buy gear.
I have been boarding for years, heres a protip, if you want a cool looking board for probably cheaper than what you are finding check these boards out
bustinboards.c/o/m/
not trying to shill theyre just bretty good boards

can confirm, have bought multiple decks from bustin. also wear a fucking helmet OP

Here another tip from me, buy shoulder pads, if they're a thing?

look into loaded boards

bamboo boards that have a springy feel more like carving a mountain or catching a wave than sector 9 boards do.

I have the fish (ceviche if i remember correctly) board, has a foam kick tail so you get more control. shorter than a standard longboard, but just as narrow as a standard skateboard. The vanguard is the best one to get, stay away from drop throughs because they are more prone to cracking around the bolts that go through the board because there is so little material to support it. good luck!

>bustinboards
doesnt look bad, cant get them in my country unless I order from overseas.

I've heard good things about sector 9 which is why I'm leaning towards that

If I like longboarding I'll get a cheap skateboard eventually.

meh I've seen skater chicks, average at best... well the ones here at least

longboards just look hella fun for cruising down the bay

youtube.com/watch?v=AuCv9DV2Nbc&t

Its an art learn how to skate mongo and be one with your board. Remember you control your board not vice versa user...

(11 years of skating pennying skimming and surfing)

In that case sector 9 would probably be fine for you dont worry about it for now

Its pretty hard to stop, remember to roll when you bounce of the ground

>kek speaks truth

I use a sector 9 with extended trucks. I love it and its lasted a long time. The extended trucks make it so you can carve sharper than a normal board but don't ride in the rain or loose gravel cause it throws shit to your knees. The 9 I have is able to support my fat 300lb ass with ease too.

Also op get a penny or nickle boardt hey last long as fuck and are smooth if you know what your doing..

They are also a generally good board to start with ive had mine for 10 years wheel fell of once thats it...

Wear your helmet. Depending on your weight you might want to look into a diffent style board. The bamboo boards are super flexi.

Get some gloves and practice slides. It's hella fun.

>Any longboarders here?
>
>
>Thinking of buying one, never ridden one or skated before.

I was in the same boat, if you're North America check out www.funboxdist.com you can customizer your board however you like. They're not super fancy but they're pretty solid, have the LTD with an inch of drop and rode fine on it, I weigh 220 now but I used to weigh around 285 and it has held up fine. They forgot to send me the spacers for the wheels at first but the guy sent them out for free pretty quick when I emailed them about it

Make sure to keep your wheels pumped up, flat wheels will make it harder to roll

Here's the 9 I have. And to give ya an idea of the length of mine I wear a size 13 mens shoe

Lol dumkopf

My current setup, has some orange paris v2's now.

>post setups

>

However, most of their boards are pretty stiff. I prefer little to no flex because it's more stable at higher speeds, but having a flexible deck is nicer for learning on and just general cruising around. Longer decks will cruise better because the balance lets you pump a lot better, whereas short decks give you much tighter turning

fuck forgot pic

I've looked into a nickel board and I'm on the fence about it, I want extra stability so I've opted for the larger more expensive longboard.

penny are nice and cheap, maybe too cheap. I might consider one in the future.

I'm really skinny so I'm not sure if flex would be much of an issue.

don't get a penny board, just don't.

not a bad size. I'm size 11-12 shoe so that would suit me fine.

nice ride

Lol dumkopf

All in all have fun with it and prepare to wipe out. I've ripped my knee and given myself a concussion hitting dirt and also be wary of wearing bags (like backpacks) to begin with until you're comfortable on your board. Its a fun way to go from place to place and a good workout too

thanks, here's my DH board

I prefer skateboarding but I have a long board.
Both are fun for different reasons.
Check out my YT for more~~
youtu.be/25LgaLCNSWM

My sector 9

Nobody cares about your faggot youtube channel

This and get a board with big wheels and wide trucks. This will give you more control and stability at higher speeds as well as making it easier to learn to balance and kick.

Quads with sound advice

Skateboarding tho bruh

kek

Cut your dick off, people will assume you dont have one when looking at you.

i've got 2 arbors, pic related, go with a shape like this, best for beginners. also practice on a small sectioned off hill, like in a park so you can get a lot of runs in without waiting for cars

i know a girl who has that same board in pic

like the one in OP pic

lol true, should've looked at it again before posting