Not OP of the other thread, but I might as well take advantage

Also have a 160GB iPod, and it's getting pretty close to getting filled.

Any of you able to rec any larger players that won't blow up on me or make me sell a kidney to afford it?

>inb4 just stream
Data prices are fucking ridiculous where I live, and I'm not really interested on cramming stuff on SD cards and having to treat the same thing like 2 different devices.

>inb4 just trim your library
Not interested in getting rid of stuff or only making part of my library portable/cycling stuff on and off it bc like everyone else on here I'm autistic as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

iflash.xyz/ipod-and-sdhc-sdxc-cards/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

use your phone and use cloud storage

If you use an android phone you can buy an sd card with tons of space

yeah i've got an android, and i suppose i could make peace with getting a 200/256GB (probably the latter) SD if that's my only real option

but it's 2017 and i really think i should still be able to have some sort of decent portable music thing without having to resort to making my phone do double duty

This image confuses me.

If you don't wanna use your phone, get a Fiio. I got an X1 came with a case, decent headphones (not ear buds) a 16G sd card, screen protectors. Was $99. You can put sd cards up to 128g in the x1. Dont know about newer models though i do know they're blue tooth compatible. Had it about a month now it's pretty solid.

+1 for fiio x1, does the job, and not too pricy compared to their others. Only issue I found is it doesn't have disc id tag support, so if you have two discs, track one will be played then the next track one. I think they fixed this in some later revision, like the x1 2 or something.

If you have flacs, you could rip them to mp3/opus or whatever to save space, you can probably find a bitrate you don't notice any quality loss with

Yeah that's a bit annoying. However, you could put the album into a folder, then sub folder each disc.
>Band Name\Album Name\Disc1; Disc2
It's a bit tedious with 100 gigs. But you can get a thing that makes itunes recognize it, and sync in a similar way. You can even kinda tell it how to make the folder paths. Google "notpod" and there's also a youtube vid on it

i couldn't find the exact same stuff with a quick google, but when i've tried looking into this before i've heard promising stuff about fiios but also quite a few people having bad luck with them

but if they've done the job for both of you well enough then i might look into them a bit deeper

(and i already use mp3 so not much i can do to shrink them further)

>that meme

Plz stop

your library is your library: it is local and full of flacs

your fucking music player is just some shit to carry a chunk and gets regularly swapped
its 2017. stop carrying so much fucking shit in your pocket.

are the ipod classics gen 6/7 still a good buy? not really a fan of how thick the fiios look

i barely put shit in my pockets have you never heard of a bag you fucking troglodyte

iflash.xyz/ipod-and-sdhc-sdxc-cards/

classics have been discontinued for a couple of years now and apparently ridiculous in terms of secondhand prices

biggest one they make atm is apparently the 128GB gen 7 ipod touch

yes, in all my time travelling in paris, new york, and venice, and mexico i really want a fucking bag over my fucking shoulder when a smart phone does everything humanly imaginable.
lol troglodyte
hotel key card + phone > crap in a bag

burimp

Why oh why the fuck did I buy an iPhone?

Anyway, how many albums can 40gb let me download?

If it's an old classic you can pop it open and replace the sd card or hard drive or whatever is in the thing with an sd card with more space. It just takes a little tinkering and if you aren't great with electronics you might want to have someone else do it but it's considerably cheaper than buying a whole new gadget.

it's a gen 6 classic (one of the 2nd revision 160GB ones, not one of the very first 160s from 2007)

i don't think i've got enough skill to risk doing it myself but i'd consider it as an option if it's the kind of thing someone who is electronically inclined can do it without much risk of fucking up

i can't remember exactly when i bought it but i'm pretty sure it's 4-5 years old, though - would the replaced card make any difference to its lifespan? (especially since this is a "probably hit max capacity by the end of the year" situation rather than me urgently needing more space - part of the reason i'm open to potentially shell out for a gadget (depending on price) is bc I'd rather not wake up one day in the near future to find myself fucked + without anything else prepared)

I had to replace my iPod classic recently. Turns out people on eBay hack SSD's into them now. So I have a 250GB iPod where the disk won't crap out. A bit pricey, but long term investment.

get plex

Just upgrade it to a terabyte yourself
Don't pay $1000 to have some fuck on ebay do it for you
Plus you can replace the battery and back shell while you're in there

>you now remember all the girls like that in high school you fucking WORSHIPPED

beta faggots, all of you, im just glad i didnt pull that shit and knew better