Proof the Bible is a book of fairy tails. as if you needed more poof

Proof the Bible is a book of fairy tails. as if you needed more poof.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha#Vulgate_prologues
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gospels
bible.org/question/why-are-some-books-missing-kjv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Incest.

Hence, why the human race is retarded.

There are implications that there were other people. You know, the whole being cast out thing with a mark to show you're cursed...when there shouldn't be anyone to see that mark, and so on. But, yeah.

ignorant idiot. There were a race of people called the Ishi there as well. Adamkind came from them as well.

lol

To be fair, it only said Adam and Eve were the first two people. Didn't the murderer son move out to another clan? So there were other people.
Still, it's fictional. Christians are overzealous nerds who build their lives around a series of ill thought through novels, full of plot holes. You meet sci-fi fans who are the exact same way. Hell, they even made another religion out of that. Scientology. Just goes to show that any elaborate story, that cannot be fully disproven on every step, can be used to control people's lives.

stupid christian, try again when your IQ is half of mine

>claims to be smart
>believes IQ tests are at all relevant

Nobody wants to take responsibility for their lives, especially when death is permanent and Heaven doesn't exist.
So the fantasy reassures them and makes them docile.
Imagine a world of nihilists. You'd never get any peace.

Thomas Jefferson actually mad a bible in which he cut out every part that included miracles and the supernatural

Weird how a consistent theme of God got passed down from thousands of years spanning multiple authors and yet it still paints a surprisingly consistent view of Him, don't ya think?

>Ishi
No, wrong. The first mention of "Ishi" in the bible in is chronicals, which is way after gensis
From kingjamesbibleonline.org:
"1 Chronicles 2:31
And the sons of Appaim; Ishi. And the sons of Ishi; Sheshan. And the children of Sheshan; Ahlai."
Your ignorance isn't suprising as studies have shown Christians don't know much about their own bible.

Maybe that's because the bible was simply translated, and not completely rewritten.
Hense, is fairly consistent, with few serious conflicting stories within the Christian faith.

Science fiction has it's moments, ideas are a powerful thing. One of a forgiving beacon of morality that tells us there are things we don't yet understand is a reasonable ideology in the long run.

Incest.

Also, was god into traps? In the Bible. It is only specified that women are just men with tits? So is it more gay to fuck vagoo?

Not really

Me: Omg, did you see that? Lighting struck the ground right in front of us several times and it spelt *Hey, it's ya boi, skinny penis"

Pretty weird right?

>You: Not really

>Almost all scholars agree Jesus did in fact exist and start a religious movement
>"B-but the Bible is wrong!"

It makes perfect sense. They had daughters, but the bible doesn't consider women to be people, therefore not worth mentioning unless they have some necessary to mention relation to a man.

That's what happens when a bunch of men get together and decide what stories and books will be included to maintain as much consistency as possible. Nothing mind blowing there user. Thom yorke would be pissed off you used his likeness in that idiotic reply.

I like the jesus but yeah the bible is shit

>So the fantasy reassures them and makes them docile.
>Imagine a world of nihilists. You'd never get any peace.

You haven't got a clue, m8. The most peaceful, prosperous, fair societies are the least religious ones. Do some reading on societal health indicators vs religiosity.

The jesus is fiction too. Sorry to have to tell you that.

>Implying everyone who wrote in the Bible all sat down together and decided what they wanted to put in the bible despite certain Manuskript being century's apart through carbon dating.

Yea, sure, whatever you say user.

But i dont go around shitting on religion all the time because im actually happy with what i believe. I hate other nones who talk about were so fucking oppressed when we ALL academics yet christian kid gets suspended for wearing a cross necklace

Never said he was, simply said i liked that part, but you having to rub shit in is the perfect example of why were still hated

We run all academics*

>why were still hated

I couldn't give a hairy fuck what religious morons think of us. They are brain-dead primitive cunts and I will continue to rub their noses in their own shit.

that's not what I said you need to learn how to read. After a majority of the stories were written a council of men went through them all and decided which ones to include. The rest were discarded or but in the gnostic gospels. Ever wonder why the gospel supposedly written by Jesus was never included? Prob not because you are a retard

Then dont complain about "oppression"

no one that understand logic believes in the bible

no one that believes in the bible will care about your logic

Which form of nihilism? Seeing morals as a social construct meant to benefit humanity as a whole could be considered nihilistic, simply because it isn't grounded in a deity.
Thinking of life as something meaningless, well... How meaningless is life not if you're only here to suffer until you get to leave this place and indulge in pure awesome for all of eternity when you die? The only incentive to keep believers from killing themselves is the notion of hell, which is an incredibly unethical belief to impose on a person.

No, not really. Adam was made from the dust of the Earth, Eve was made from a rib taken from Adam.

I like harry potter and Davos Seaworth

SO go fuck yourself/

The book is a story that glorifies people who devoted themselves entirely to a being that more than likely doesn't exist. It's not hard to make the leap that the "1 man and 1 woman" were mere more important than the rest of the humans that existed at that point in time.
There's a lot of people who are above 6 feet tall today, but that hasn't always been the case and we still have people walking around that below that who can be men or women. If man went through an evolutionary process, then the first two to be recognized as being different for their....
posture
different facial features
or anything else may have been the origin of the myth behind that theory
so it might be a horse shit story, but that doesn't mean there isn't necessarily any truth to it.

No, not really. The Bible is said to be the Word of God. It is not supposed to be a re-write by a bunch monkey hacks down the years.

Whoever wrote that never actually read Genesis.

Meh, im an atheist, but if it helps them get through life and we get along, i dont really care what someone believes

stupid moron, luke skywalker used hi fathers BLUE light saber that was given to him by Obiwan Kenobi. However once he became a jedi he MADE his OWN green lightsaber off camera between movies.

Do you like the bit where jesus promises eternal torture and burning for working on a sunday?

He's such a great guy. A real role model.

and when those believers actively use their political power to hold back technology and science that could save lives? Will you still no care? Will you not care when you or a loved one is dying of cancer that could have been cured by now if stem cell research were allowed to continue?

No, man was created in the image of the elohim by sheer will.
That comes before chapter 2, where an alternate story about coming from dust is.
They were written by different factions.

That's not weird at all.
One of the only books I ever REALLY got into was Harry Potter, if you told me to rewrite that shit from memory, I'm probably gonna forget a fuck load of details and shit, but in the end the story will pretty much be the same.
>scrawny bitch gets a magic stick and goes to a school where they teach him how to use it and he finds out his teacher is the nigga that killed his parents.

Eh. They were told to be fruitful and multiply long before, while still immortal. They had a whole bunch of children. When Adam got expelled, the whole family got kicked out at the same time. Cain and Abel, and then Seth, were the first three born after the expulsion. After Cain killed his brother, he was marked to protect him from retribution. They all ended up breeding with sisters.

Please be helpful, and elaborate.

What scholars? Scholars of the bible?
Even if the character was based on a real person, through the long period of word of mouth that preceded the literary bible, the character if the person is bound to have been altered dramatically.
I know you've played chinese whispers, you know how that goes. Some guy comes to preach change, people mistake him for some prophecized son of god and they made up miracles to justify their belief that this was in fact the son of god.
If we weren't as capable of writing today, Santa Claus would be the basis of the next big religion in 300 years.

>fairy tails

intellectual heavyweight detected

>They were written by different factions.
So not the Word of God then. Written by Man.

I'm agnostic so I'm sort of a spectspectator here. Both statements can be true. It's possible for Jesus to have been a real person who led a religious movement and for the bible to be wrong in many ways and for there to be no god not afterlife. Look at Mohammad the prophet from Islam he is undeniably a real person but many people doubt the truth of the religion for which he preached.

You sure are quick to say i'm retarded, but you're throwing some pretty retarded replies out there your self.. so i'm a bit confused on who's the retard, besides, isn't that politically incorrect?

And my response was in line with what you said.
Perhaps you just don't understand where i am coming from, or what i'm talking about? i get it, that's probably why you're throwing ad hominem attacks towards me, because you fail to see what i'm talking about.

So a certain council of men filtered out what they did and didn't want for the sake of preserving lies? where are you getting this info from? some hole in the wall Atheist website for mentally challenged kid's ages 4+ and up?

Look, it's simple... the Bible was written amongst many different men all over the world over different periods of time, and the point of the post here was that it's so weird that all these different men all wrote about the same god YAHWEH to the point that the consistency was overwhelmingly strange, to the point of it being supernatural.

Yup. A long list of different men wrote books which were collected to make the bible. Then around year 1000 a third of the books were scrapped, because they went against what was general knowledge and common sense at the time. People had stopped believing in dragons and such, so to have people still believing the shit the church took the nuttiest bits out of the bible. Closed secret, the general public was illiterate.

Sorry Muhammad is what I meant to write

OP why bother?

do you go around to pre-schools telling all the children Santa Claus isn't real? and there is no Easter Bunny? Why do you want to ruin their joy? fucking psycho

How is it consistent? It's very inconsistent, really.
If you're gonna complain about him using ad homs then you shouldn't do it yourself. Especially since you value political correctness.

It wasn't, the stories that were included were picked specifically after much debate amongst members of the church. Nothing supernatural, this is common knowledge among people who study religious texts. I'm not saying you are stupid you just don't know what you are talking about. There were a lot of books left out that didn't fit the churches paradigm. One of those was the book supposedly written by Jesus. What does that tell you?

>implying kids growing up believing in santa claus for the rest of their lives is better than finding out about the lie early on.
It is important to have a population that is grounded in reality. We have to rely on each other in this civilization, so we wanna make sure people are applying rational thinking, and that they're not siding with their insanity on the important issues in life. Do you not realize the role of religion in islamic terrorism? Christianity isn't much different fundamentally.

I say it's consistent, you say it's inconsistent, Tomayto Tomahto.

If you disagree how about you educate your self and read the damn bible for your self, you see, most the peeps i talk to never even touched the damn thing, always gathering dust because they're to busy to dabble with fairy tails.

read the book for crying out loud, i can't make you believe what i'm saying unless you go do the work your self, don't put your laundry list on some random user.

Not samefagging. This user is right on the dime.
>tfw when atheists know more about the bible than godfags

>Not samefagging

>Same fags anyways

To clarify, the reason the Bible is consistent in its interpretation of God is because it was constructed that way deliberately by the higher ups in the church who could decide what to include.

Great minds think alike. Simple as that.

Agreed

Even if your right, it wouldn't matter.
We live the way we see fit, then die and there's nothing.
If we're right,

Well, you're fucked, told ya so.

Oh, so i'm not retarded now? you changed your tune on me.

So, you're telling me there is a chapter written for the bible by Jesus, but it was never included? becauseeeee reasons? I have common knowledge, how come i'v never heard of this?
is this the part where you call me a retard again?
You know there is loads of theories out there about Jesus and other Biblical accounts..
Some say Jesus had sex with a Woman and he has a kid, even though that was never originally stated in the bible, same thing with Hell fire, Catholics believe in hell fire, even though you can disprove it in there own Bible (King James) edition.

And why do you keep enforcing this theory that Jesus wrote text that was never included?
I fail to see your angle, are you even an Atheist or just some random board user who was nothing better to do but be on Sup Forums like the rest of us?

And how do you KNOW there is many missing books? where is your information coming from?

How are you even contributing to this conversation? honestly?

Which is why we got progressively more retarded the more we bred. THink about it user

Hey look a nigger!

If you're right I'm fucked after I die. If I'm right you're fucking yourself as we speak.
My uncle is a pastor, he used to say that your reasoning is invalid. Christians aren't better off "just in case", if they're wrong, because being a christian you are surrendering so much of the person you are, that you're living miserably in order to escape a miserable afterlife. So yes, it would matter. Especially when religion gets to control politics. It really matters. Atheism is not the same as nihilism.
You don't mind being wrong because you're afraid of hell. I get it. It's fine. Live life the way you want to. Just don't ever try to mix church and state, because the people around you who are nice enough to let you live your geeked out fantasy will not stand for some delusional lunatic telling them what they can or cannot do with THEIR lives. So be humble and let your religion remain private.

Hurr durr I'm smartur than evryone else durr religion is for idiotz hurrrr! Quit being a nigger no one gives a fuck what you think. Check em cock sucker

Also there were days in the bible before God made the sun and the earth
Makes no fucking sense I know

Don't even get me started with people believing the earth was the center of the universe; and don't give me that "it was a mistake so they re wrote it". If God was so perfect he wouldn't have left any room for flaws or mistakes or room for misinterpretation

He could exist but he wasn't no prophet. He was merely just a philosopher who stole the ideals of Plato and Socrates

i'm an atheist but all this would mean is that we're all related in some way. but after thousands of years, we're diverse enough that, unless there was more recent incest in a person's family line, it will cause no ill effects.

Free will is why we sinned, not because his creations are flawed.

I'm not falling for this bait any more, just google gnostic gospels or books omitted from bible

No one's brought up Lilith, Adam's 1st wife either

You have no way of knowing if there's no afterlife. You can believe anything you want, but you can't make that statement with absolute certainty, because it's impossible for you to know.

>I'm not falling for this bait

oh btw look up gnostic gospels

fuck off, you're just too lazy to type back a half decent response.

Go to bed.

I contributed by cosigning some guy who I found using the same point I did. Perhaps that's not much of a contribution so let me hit you with a relevant link.
Here, look this up: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha#Vulgate_prologues

And who gave us free will? Check m8 dumbass

He knew all along we'd fail so it really wasn't technically free will
Inb4 you change the goals to make it seem ok

In case you can't work google en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gospels

But if he knew we'd fail, then why would he create us? besides that wouldn't even be free will anymore if he KNEW we'd sin anyways.

See

You just pulled this info form he Wiki?

Are you a fucking tin foil hat wearing freak?

>Bexuz wikiz said so so it';z dee troof

Oh did you know wiki has something also about more Genders?

fucking kek'd

>chapter written for the bible by Jesus, but it was never included? becauseeeee reasons?
Catholic church took it out because it was controversial and proved Jesus had human flaws like all of us

And how do you KNOW there is many missing books? where is your information coming from
I have a copy myself
It's mainly full of mary-magdalene and Jesus stories
They cut Mary out because back then women were supposed to be suppressed and submissive. Her stories are too female empowering.

Jesus' stories are just him growing through adolescent and learning his powers. Kind of cool

obviously this was in the days of creation before the extinction of the monkey people that science tell us we derive from, who acted as breeding partners in the first generation, despite us being "so damned ugly."

See

That's why God doesn't exist. He is a thought created by imperfect humans to help weak minded people deal with death and the bible is a guidline to help corrupted adults and make sure kids obey their parents

That's it. End of story

Ok i get that the church took out the part where Jesus was imperfect and all, but where is your information coming from about them even cutting it in the first place? like you've got me confused

Adam had a small dick

Fair enough. Wikipedia truly is too susceptible to bad edits.
bible.org/question/why-are-some-books-missing-kjv
>The Protestant church generally does not believe these books are inspired and therefore canonical, that is authoritative and deserving to be a part of the Bible as the Word of God.

I mean I've learned it in history class and religion class. Source was in my old school text books but I'm sure there are other sources
I mean it's basically common knowledge to people who are interested in the subject

Selfhelp book? I don't think it's that benign. I think it's meant to control people. It's created by corrupted people to control the will of weak minded people. And of course to take their money.

>And of course to take their money.
Yeah if look at people like Joel Osteen who have people pay to come hear him talk of god

I mean I know atheist pastors, they make 5-6 figures a year. Its all a business mate. That's why Lifeway doesn't give away free bibles despite Christians supposed to spread the word of God and whatnot

for all you uneducated plebs... im sure uve never heard of adams first wife lillith? how about her husband samael? retards

Well, if it was Bible crushing i think people would of brought it a lot more often.

Also i don't want you to think i'm religious, i am merely an open minded individual who thinks there is more to life then what we see with our naked eyes.

i believe it is safe to say humans don't know everything lol, that goes for the both of us as well.
I'm not saying god is real.. but i'm not saying he's not really, all i'm saying there is some weird stuff out there you can just simply deny.

Oh thank you, i'll look into later though, kinda don't feel like reading all that.

Ah i see, well i hope you don't take your classes as 100% fact, because there is always stuff we don't know, and what we think is the truth isn't actually the truth.

>implying that Cain didn't fuck his mom before bouncing off to the land of Nod
>implying eve couldn't bear more children between books
>implying that they were clearly far superior to anyone alive today because they were the only not-inbreds so we're like retarded a thousand fold compared to them and they probably had crazy long lifespans because they weren't the fucking hills have eyes versions of people that we are so they had plenty of time to breed
>IMPLYING ADAM COULDNT JUST GET MORE FINE ASS HOES FROM HIS RIBS
>IMPLYING THAT SLY SNAKE MOTHERFUCKER WOULDN'T SHOW UP AND BE LIKE AY FAM I GOT KICKED OUT TOO LET'S MAKE SOME REPTILIAN BABBIES
>I M P L Y I N G THAT THE NEW SPECIES OF EVER SUPERIOR REPTILIANS WITH THE POWER OF SNAKE DEVIL COULDN'T WORK THEIR JEW MAGIC ON THE HUMAN RACE

And that's how we ended up here.
Prove me wrong.

kek

>Almost all scholars agree Jesus did in fact exist and start a religious movement
Almost all Star Wars lore experts agree that indeed, the Phantom was a menace and the Old Republic did indeed exist a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

MANUSKRIPT manuscript