Who else here has thalassophobia? Basically fear of the ocean and everything associated with it?

Who else here has thalassophobia? Basically fear of the ocean and everything associated with it?

I'd rather kill myself than confront something much larger than me in the ocean, including non living structures like statues or sunken ships.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OBN56wL35IQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ut7wK9l9mk
youtube.com/watch?v=l3iGqMaKaWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think I have full blown thalassophobia, but the thought of being stranded in the middle of the ocean or any other large body of water is really terrifying to me. Just not knowing what creatures could be swimming around me is really freaky. It's even worse if its night time.
I have this "weird" fear of whales. Whales are fucking massive, man. The largest ones are bigger than any dinosaur that's ever existed, and they're alive right now. Every time I tell one of my friends about how scary whales are, they laugh at me. I think they just don't have the right perspective.

Don't put yourself in the middle of the ocean and you'll be fine. And try this, don't worry about things until it's time to worry about them.

Sounds like a for sure way to get killed.

I have this fear too OP and it feeds into my obsession with cryptids. Have you heard of the phenomenon known as "bloop"? Long story short in the South Pacific near Antarctica in 1997 sonars picked up a massive loud sound that biologists confirmed comes from a very large creature even bigger than blue whales!

youtu.be/OBN56wL35IQ

I fully realized I had that when I walked on a deck of a poorly lit dock that stretched into the ocean on a beach at night. Couldn't see shit but could still hear the roaring waves. One wrong step and I could have fallen into what looked like a black abyss, like space. Scary stuff. I'm an athlete swimmer, but even that didn't prepare me for what I saw..

The fact there are whales the size of a house inside the ocean scares the shit out of me, imagine being in the water and that is underneath you. Then you have the sharks and great white sharks, fuck that.

Nigga the bloop isn't a creature, it's confirmed to be an ice quake. Google it

I did google it and several biologists confirmed the way the sound is delivered came from something living that's larger than a whale!

I feel like a massive pussy for being so scared of the deep ocean but I am. We know more about space than we know about our own oceans. Who knows what could be lurking underwater? It's a scary thought

Once I was sitting in an inflatable boat in a bay in BC when a humpback whale popped up to breathe about 50 yards away. It was then that I realized whales are really fucking massive and if it came up right underneath our tiny little boat, we all would've been fucked. From then on I never wanted to get that close to a whale again.

The only sources that say that are sketchy as fuck

I don't really fear the ocean or what's in it but I have a crippling fear of sharks can't really even play water games of fear that sharks just might be in it.

ITT

I live less than 3 miles from the Pacific... I swim in it regularly. Sometimes we get infestations of leopard sharks in shallow water (4 - 6 feet deep).

I've also gone deep sea diving in Hawaii, swam with Shamu, held on to a dolphin's fin as it towed me through waves, and attempted unrelentingly to ride a very large sea turtle.

The ocean is an amazing place. Its you fat landlocked faggots that I'm truly afraid of.

I used to be a competitive swimmer, but then I took a trip down some heavy rapids that my raft decided not to join me for. Since then I haven't been able to even get in a bath, let alone go back in the pool or god forbid water that I can't see the bottom of. Even puddles petrify me.

>lives 3 miles from a beach
>Been to Hawaii

Fuck you.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ut7wK9l9mk

YES. EXACTLY THIS. I have a bizarre fear of anything touching me in the ocean that itself touches the bottom. Also a general fear of anything larger than me

youtube.com/watch?v=l3iGqMaKaWo

You're just a little freaked out just because we can crawl through the arteries of a blue whale.

Honestly I'm more afraid of things in rivers/lakes than the ocean. Not very afraid of whales or sharks but am afraid of poisonous snakes, crocodiles etc.

>be me
>live in San Diego
>timeshare in Kauai
>visit for 3 weeks every summer for the past 20 years
>go on /b
>brag about it to no one in particular
>realize my penis is still only 5"
>contemplate suicide
>must be Sunday

Fuck you too.

Ey, Mine streatches to most water... I can do pools, baths and showers... Though pools took a long time to get used to(I was like 14 before I could be in a pool alone, I'm a fucking faggot pussy I know) Other water is just bad. I've been able to go to Springs, when they are crystal clear, have no algea, on a bright day with 8000 people, but other than that. No thanks to most swimming related areas

Marriott timeshare??

Dude you're only off by 1.. damn, must feel bad.

let's see who the winner is.

Commercial Diver here. I love these threads, you're all such fucking pussies.

Says the bitch who has to use special equipment to even get into the water.

I'm getting some serious deja-vu from this thread...

THIS is why no one goes into the water

it even freaks me out in games lol i play alot of ark and i will not go anywhere in ocean till i have a decent dino or anything and still kinda stressful lol

I hope your diving equipment fails and you drown faggot

that pipe looks rusty. I think it needs to be replaced

You could just weld the fuck out of anything that comes within 4 feet of you. You've got it good.

Post phobias

Islanophobia

Homophobia

Don't forget transphobia

And Niggerphobia

what a pussy

Post phobias

Islamophobia
Homophobia

I fucking love that game.

Deep dive welder here.

There's nothing down there, you morons. Absolutely nothing. The probability of something scary grabbing you is astronomical. You have greater chances on being hit by a falling plane while jerking off than being eaten by a sea monster.
What kills you down there is pressure and your own stupidity.

what the fuck kind of autism

then how will you know how to act when the problem arises?

> being hit by a falling plane while jerking off
I actually have that fear

I'm not necessarily afraid of the ocean, or even anything in it. I mean, even the BIG great white sharks are only kinda spooky to me. I just get reaaaaaaal fuckin nervous any time I don't have both feet on/within reach of solid ground. I don't think I can outrun a grizzly bear, but I'm more comfortable with the thought of making a 10 foot dash before getting mauled than I am with the idea of flapping around autistically while I get raped by Mermaid Man

It's kinda the same thing with heights: I'm totally cool with mountains, but that glass walkway shit in the Grand Canyon/those metal mesh industrial walkways are fucking nope tier

>while I get raped by Mermaid Man

I never knew Mermaid Man was a faggot. You learn something new everyday.

Stop watching YouTube videos about the bloop retard lol

This thread is stupid, you are all making rational and average "fears" sound as if they were a special condition
>omg I am afraid of being stranded in the middle of the ocean!

Well no fucking news dumbass, that's almost an assured death, logic would make you scared, that's like saying you have a fear of jumping in the edge of a volcano and falling to melting lava, everyone would have fear of that, same as sharks, is not like they are a fucking pet, every human being would be afraid of siwiming with a white shark unwillingly

This bloop is nothing more than a massive ice-quake. Iceberg crumbling apart make sound like this

>tfw you realise the things on the side arent eyes, they're ears

>tfw when you realise the twin spots on the front arent nostrils, they're eyes

Anthony? I know a guy with this fear. Cool dude, just feel bad for him really.

I agree

So you're a mentally ill pussy? Got it.

The duck is that thing anyways

its a moray eel

I'm fine in the water as long as I can see or toutch the bottom. If i can't, I panic and sink. I can swim strongly, I was one of the best swimmers in my class but if I don't know what's underneath me, I'm gone