Alright Sup Forums I'll debate anyone:

Alright Sup Forums I'll debate anyone:

Gender doesn't exist. As a result neither does being "transgender".

Other urls found in this thread:

apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexuality-definitions.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Gender doesn't exist
Why's that?

why do people get all bent out of shape over it if it doesn't exist?

If not gender, then what?

there are only 2 genders

I'm a man of science, and the science is that you're either born with a penis or born with a vagina. Nothing after that has any basis in science, only tradition.

>implying words even mean things

Go ask a priest.

Not him, but everything has a basis in science, even if that basis is unclear or unknown currently. Humans having a concept of gender falls into that category.

I personally just believe that hormone therapy and sexual reassignment surgery are and create abominations. "Transgender" people are merely biological men or biological women who feel that they would be much happier doing things that are traditionally associated with the opposite "gender". Eliminate gender and eliminate all the bullshit debate surrounding trans rights

religion has a basis in science then?

except that men and women have numerous anatomical and physiological differences. as far as I know anatomy and physiology are sciences. try harder, faggot

My two cents:
>I don't think genitals are inherently masculine or feminine, only secondary sex characteristics
>I think if everyone was just labelled as "has penis/vagina" instead of "is man/woman", we'd eliminate gender, which'd get rid of transgender, which'd then get rid of dysphoria that transgender people feel. Win/win yeah?

>anatomy: having a penis or
>physiology: functions of the body related to having a penis or not

you try harder faggot

Because gender is a theory made up by liberals to distract people from their biological sex

but thats supporting a delusion

not that i care if someon wants to be the opposite sex, but what gets me is the people that flip flop every hour, then get offended that some random ass stranger says 'sir' or 'ma'am'. as if anyone else knows or even cares that you feel like a woman but dress/appear like a man at that moment in time

>distract people from their biological sex
sorry I'm furthering the liberal agenda by not constantly thinking about my penis.
what is this even supposed to mean?

Yes. There is a science behind what gave rise to religion. Probably an evolutionary coping mechanism which adapted to deal with fear of death or yearning to have control over the uncontrollable.

Gender exists because humans are not all born the same way. You either get the plumbing on the outside or the inside. Sometimes both, and it's gross. People also aften get gender and sexual orientatiom mixed up. There are only 4 sexual orientations, all others are just unnecessary and reserved for faggot attention whores. The 4 are:
Hetero
Homo
Bi
Asexual
These encompass the entire spectrum of sexual preference. All of these made-up things like demigender and shit should be classified as 1 of the 4

exactly, having it counts as a difference. there are functions that aren't related to having a penis or a vagina you know. there's a thing called hormones. we have different muscle structure, different metabolysm.

Now you're getting it. It follows that if "transgender" and other silly categories don't exist, there is no basis for discrimination whatsoever. Everyone is just a person with different sexualities.

OP here yeah I don't give a fuck about your pronouns or your bathroom preference. Go to the bathroom based on what is between your legs. Eliminate gendered pronouns, call people whatever pronoun you feel like at the moment idc.

Getting offended is for pussies.

>not constantly thinking about my penis.

but thats the problem they are always thinking about having one or not. nobody cares

>there are only 2 genders
Gender and sex are not synonyms.

Sex is not a binary, it is more of a bimodal distribution, since there are plenty of factors that influence it. Genetics, hormones, environmental factors etc.

Gender is all over the place.

exactly. i couldnt give a fuck about which bathroom someone uses, but dont act like they killed your mother when they use the wrong pronoun or some shit.

those kinds of people are seriously mentally ill

Same with language then. I can call you a fucking retard but you can decide "retard" actually means genius. We assign people words to details about them. Your definition of gender might be off, but it doesnt change that the sentiment of having a penis = x and having a vagina = y. Youre probably an atheist too because youre too smart for your own good.

wow you're really enlightening me user. i had no idea any of what you're saying existed.

trying to nitpick your way into proving me "wrong" just shows the weakness of your argument.

how is that nitpicking? those are facts. i've provided factual arguments as to why men and women are different. where is your argument faggot?

>Gender doesn't exist.
So... non-existant studies?
Soulds about right.

Hes trying to be edgy by breaking down the social barrier of definitions. Just because we call men "men" and females "females" means that they dont exist because WE decide to call them that. If he believes in biology then he wouldnt have to make that claim, because regardless of what we "call" them, men differenciate from females regardless of language.

HeshetheyitOP is delusional

Are you going to reply to my comment about language? No? didnt think so.

you're a colossal faggot
penis=male
vagina=female
both/none=genetical defect

see, I don't care what people call themselves, or what they identify as. I think it's stupid, yes, but it is their right. but you can't deny that there are core differences between being a "man" and a "woman" (again call it what you will)

Hence where the word OP comes from --- genetic defect

This not how you argue correctly. You are full of shit. Fuck off.

umm yea.. there are core differences.. but youre saying theres no such thing as gender.. How can that be if there are core differences between the two genders, creating different genders by nature?

Clearly none of you idiots understand what the word "gender" means. Prove to me that biology, anatomy, physiology, should with any basis in logic or reason determine the style of clothing we wear, the toys we play with, the length of our hair the shit we cake on our faces, etc. etc. etc.

I'm saying the opposite. learn to read.

They don't need to understand words or science. They just assert their white privilege and then tell everyone else how they should live. Don't you know how this works?

Just as i said before.. youre sying that youre a man of science and everything after that is cultural. YES YOURE RIGHT But even without culture, even without "girl toys" and "boy toys" there still exists gender. If we didnt have toys, didnt have clothes, are you still saying there wouldnt be gender? Do dogs not have gender even though they dont have culture with toys and clothes? I thought you were a man of science.. but all your arguments lead me to believe youre a man of sociology.

I love the smugness of this post.

Your point isn't nearly as clever as you think, doesn't even warrant a serious reply

Gotta love me some Manny Mua.

Well that's a killer argument. "I don't agree with you, so you're a faggot".

You can call them defects, but they're not, they're just a collection of traits that come together to form something we recognise as male or female, and sometimes it doesn't hit exactly on target.

Who is saying that gender defines the way you dress or what toys you play with? How retarded are you?

Learn the difference between sex and gender, then come back and apologize for being an idiot.

Youre arguments contradict yourself
>im a man of science
>all arguments saying gender isnt real are based on culture
>doesnt acknowledge gender exists naturally within science

>Do dogs not have a gender
No you idiot that's exactly the point I'm making.

Dogs have separate sexes. Gender does not exist.

OP here, just to clarify for all the idiots in this thread...

There are two sexes.

Gender does not exist.

You're a fucking idiot

For centuries gender and sex have been used interchangeably and suddenly because some stupid sociologists decide to change the definition you suddenly think gender doesn't exist anymore?

I think you meant, "For centuries uneducated fucks used gender and sex interchangeably"

This is such a stupid argument. Gender is something given to people per your defnition, sure. But its completely subjective IF youre going to play it like that because then you just choose not to accept the objective opinion on gender. Most people in America do believe there are 2 genders whih is how genders exist in the first place. The lgbt community is creating a culture where they decide not to accept the definition of gender, thereby creating theirown culture which doesnt exist. The whole movement is based on destroying that definition. Gender only doesnt exist if everyone decides that girls and guys act the same, which they dont.

/thread

Well said, sir.

hahaha i know this guy probably goes to some liberal ass state college who took a lesbian dance theory and sociology course and now things hes a brilliant snob

Gender isn't real, it's a social construct. There's nothing in your genes that say "skirts are for women, games consoles are for men".

However there are not two sexes. There is a bimodal distribution of sexes, and a scattering of differences around those two peaks.

For example, we all know that males begin fully female, but then change and become male. That process is not exact, sometimes it occurs to greater extents than others (that's why some people are more masculine than others). Sometimes it happens a bit in women (mega clits that are like little penises). We group these as one sex, but how far from "exactly female" do you have to go before it's weird?

>The whole movement is based on destroying that definition.

Yeah, just like modern astronomy was based on destroying the moronic idea that the Earth is the center of the universe. Your worldview is anti-scientific religious authoritarianism meant to make the world a safe space for privileged white retards.

youre wrong. There is something in a mans genes which tell them to hunt, tells them to get their hands dirty, tells them to be promiscuous. There is something in a womens genes that tell them to be well mannered, decent, and a companion. These traits helped over the years what would be a guys toy and girls toy (bob the builder, barbie, etc)

Imma Attack Helicopter

Both "most people in America" and the lgbt community are wrong though.

Both are subscribing to the fact that gender exists. One group simply believe you CAN'T change it. The other believe that by calling yourself different pronouns or surgically removing your penis you CAN change it.

If gender simply doesn't exist, neither side has issues to debate

Why dont you just fight webster to take gender out of the dictionary for good? Im genuinely asking that. Is it something youd want? Cause thats the only way your opinion will be met with satisfaction

Hilariously, you still don't know the difference between sex and gender. Didn't I tell you to educate yourself already?

apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexuality-definitions.pdf

>n-n-n-no
>science is only right when it AGREES WITH ME

What a joke you are. Total embarrassment.

This is exactly the kind of argument that makes me passionate about this issue in particular. Your retarded-ass Middle Ages opinion on gender roles is holding back our entire species as a whole. Conditioning females to believe they are naturally pre-disposed to be housewife and be less intelligent than men is asking for half of our scientific breakthroughs and technological advances to remain undiscovered forever. And the opposite is true as well. To beat the emotion, creativity, and freedom of expression out of men we are stifling cultural and artistic progress to a degree we can't even fathom.

Im 21 years old and if you cant acknowledge the biological difference that hormones have on males and females than you are very far detached. Guys and girls have different nature, naturally.

I go to a pretty liberal school in California yeah but I hate most of my closed-minded snowflake peers and identify as conservative in all issues except social. Voted for Trump in the last election.

>I'm 21 years old and

stopped reading there

Not OP but 100% agree, it's also why I despise the term genderfluid. There are only physiological differences. We do not engender other animals because it does not exist in their societies. Hell gender was a purely grammatical term for male/female words until the 50s and it wasnt unti the 70s that people began considering it as we do now - a stand in for a bunch of societal norms for a given sex.

>too old, irrelevant opinion
>too young, irrelevant opinion
>be user, relevant opinion, because its herhisitthey's opinion

not the age, but the need to preface his post with an age description that invalidates whatever point he was trying to make

x and y chromosome do though..

What? Someone told me i was middle-aged so my opinion was wrong (for that reason) i replied saying i was not in fact middle aged, but 21

OP obviously didn't pay attention in Biology 101. There is no debate when you will obviously ignore basic facts

kek

It's the SRY gene that determines maleness, not the Y chromosome per se. They're not always present on Y chromosomes, they're sometimes present on X chromosomes.

haha wow okay i misread that

Actual horseshit. All studies show minimal variation between men and women and that psychological differences are only due to deviations in development rates (girls 'grow up' quicker than boys)

Yeah in abnormalities, in canon is should always be present in the Y.

Should, but isn't.

Not only on developmental rates, now you're the one spewing horse shit. Sociocultural factors play a big part, probably even the biggest part. Also, we can't forget that some biological factors, like let's say muscle mass, which is much easier to attain for males, makes them preferable hunters over females.

There are a FUCKLOAD of factors contributing to the various differences and when we get right now to in, aggressiveness and physical dominance brought about the world we live in today.

No matter how many times you keep saying those buzzwords no girl is going to want to fuck you.

>calls people snowflakes
>is a snowflake
>pot
>kettle
>black

:^)

Wikipedia as im too lazy to research myself
n 2005, Janet Shibley Hyde from the University of Wisconsin-Madison introduced the gender similarities hypothesis, which suggests that males and females are similar on most, but not all, psychological variables. The research focused on cognitive variables (for example, reading comprehension, mathematics), communication (for example, talkativeness, facial expressions), social and personality (for example, aggression, sexuality), psychological well-being, and motor behaviors. Using results from a review of 46 meta-analyses, she found that 78% of gender differences were small or close to zero. A few exceptions were some motor behaviors (such as throwing distance) and some aspects of sexuality (such as attitudes about casual sex), which show the largest gender differences.

Also

In 2012 Irina Trofimova [22] reported “middle age – middle sex” phenomenon and suggested that the significant female advantage in verbal fluency and male advantage in physical power fade after age 25 in an asymmetric manner. She pointed out to several other studies on humans and other primates showing a levelling of sex differences in sociability and physical strength. Males and females might indeed have different timings of maturation of physical and verbal systems: according to McGuinness and Pribram (1978) during the first two years of life talking and walking rarely occur simultaneously, which suggests that these two abilities compete for the same set of neural connections, or that one type of neural organization inhibits the other. This coincides with the higher mobility of boys, accompanied by their lower rates of speech development in childhood, in comparison to girls. These different timings in maturation appear as sex differences in early age, and likely level off in later adulthood (Barbu, Cabanes, & Le Maner-Idrissi, 2011). This middle age – middle sex phenomenon might explain why meta-analytic reports and several experimental studies of verbal abilities and dominance using adult participants reported no sex differences.

The snowflake reference was so obviously a joke but sure, get your keks in dude, you're real clever

>You can call them defects, but they're not

yep faggot confirmed

Oh, please. The so-called "alt right" is entirely made up of confirmed incels

>god

Facts /thread

Funny how that only becomes relevant when any leech on society can get a voice from the bleeding hearts of the left. I'm not saying there's no truth in it, just that the act of wanting to mutilate oneself to satisfy an idea is, by and large considered a mental illness. The fact that there are a wide margin of people who support this behavior is more troubling than the condition itself...

I want post to your thread but at the same time 99.99% troll 00.00999- % you even find truth it what your saying OP YOUR A FAGGOT TAKE A DICK...

But your missing my entire point which is that sociocultural factors are constructed, place people in a different cultural environment and they will be brought up differently. Gender is an amalgamation of a lot of these - it is artificial

That is so fucking lame.

Gender does exist, but being transgender is literally pretending to be the opposite.

Seems like a pretty accurate level of intellect for this thread

Who mentioned the "alt-right"?

If, for the sake of argument, that the body is normal and healthy but your emotions and feelings tell you to cut your dick off; you might be bat shit fucking crazy. It's a mental illness, cope and get help.

It's been taught for ages that gender and sex are one and the same. Liberals are the only ones who think otherwise, they make a compelling argument because they play on people's emotions, which have no place in an objective setting. Fuck off.

No it isn't, if you let kids be raised by monkeys, they will naturally assume the roles of females and males according to their gender/sex.
By the simple fact that males produce a lot more testosterone than females and act on it, the same way females produce more estrogen and act on it, naturally, without "societal" roles being enforced.

This is the average, if you want to point out exceptions, they are exactly that, exceptions, not the rule.

>be retarded
>"nay, i jest"
>still be retarded

The only thing that was so obviously a joke is you. :^)