Any more mature animated films like this?

Any more mature animated films like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk:_The_Golden_Age_Arc
youtube.com/watch?v=6oAr4t5kK40
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sure, go watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, the TV series. Don't listen to any retard who tells you not to watch the last two episodes and to watch some movie instead, because they are a retard peddler peddling retarded opinions.

Bump

God curse the japanese for inventing anime girls

You should definitely watch EoE, it's fascinating.

that's anime though

Watership Down.

Both are worth watching for the full experience

based anno
a
s
e
d

a
n
n
o

>postin the cut version of whole scene

>mature
>teen music

(It's the retards I prophesied)

(Don't fall for their clever tricks)

(The apple is not so sweet)

>Paul Stanly Daphne
muh dick

EoE is pretty shit as an ending, but it's a fascinating look into Anno's thought process, especially his reaction to the hate he and Gainax received from fans.

EoE is pretty much him going "fuck you" to the audience. He especially tackles the way fans viewed the female characters. That scene where Shinji masturbated was his response to Rule34. The way he had the main girls talk to Shinji during instrumentality was basically how he'd expect them to talk to the average fan.

Pic is all. Anyway.

End had good parts, but nothing that I couldn't deduce from using my brain for a moment. The masturbation scene kinda made no sense, you're right. Wasn't even the worst part though.

I liked how in the show, you were expecting a giant robot battle finale, and they were like: lolnope, and they make a point about how it doesn't even matter.

Then they do the movie because no one can live without a giant robot battle finale.

If it's an consolation she "lost" the battle and the other half was like the show ending.

It's called anime.

>mature
It was a 6/10 aimed at teenagers. Still a better script than the actual Suicide Squad tho.

>Still a better script than the actual Suicide Squad
it was.

fuck this guy, NGE is cringe and boring

good adult chinese cartoons: cowboy bebop, psycho pass

If someone asked me what is the most "adult" anime show, I would probably say Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. But it's a period drama and not an ebin scifi adventure so it won't interest many people.

NGE is a deeply flawed creation that lacks artistic synthesis as a result of the massive budget problems it ran into, however normies get sucked into the 2deep4u symbolism scattered throughout the show but concentrated primarily in the clipshow tier final episodes which explore shinji's own ego death during instrumentality.

It's literally the definition of entry level, it introduces artistic concepts and techniques that are handled much better in other works in the medium in a way that is easily digested by the common viewer who hasn't come across them before.

Patrician:
People who understand the place and importance of eva

Contrarian:
People who hate eva

Pleb:
People who think eva is the best thing ever

Normie:
people who think EoE replaces the final two episodes

the fucks the point of this webm just a picture

Watch "Monster" or "Lain"

>Psycho Pass
>Adult
Japanese Minority Report is a good comedy though

>white deadshot

Can't believe they'd whitewash a character so blalantly.

Dropped.

This. The only good cyberpunk shot is Ghost in the Shell, Lain or Texhnolyze.

If you like military history pic related is a great watch

I'm watchine Texhnolyze right now and while it starts kinda slow it has gotten REALLY fucking good ever since episode 5.
Also Yoshii is literally the definition of absolute madman.

And now he's given up and makes waifushit Rebuilds, how the mighty have fallen

Yeah I remember those space ship laser battles from the history

The plot really starts at episode 6 or 7 (I think), with the episode named "plot". It still a nice way to start, by getting immersed in that world and characters, so you can understand later the meaning of the conexions between characters and the city.

Demon City Shinjuku

Killer Frost was ridiculously hot in this.
Figuratively.

>fails to mention Monster

The animated version of assault on Arkham was amazing.

I rate GitS and Lain highly, should I invest time in Technowhatsit?

If you have the patience, yes.

This man knows.

>people who think EoE replaces the final two episodes
EoE complements the last two episodes, i think think no one could be that retarded to think one should exist without the other.
i fucking hated how they left stuff unanswered on purpose, and i've seen that shit like 15 years ago.
Berzerker (the movie trilogy now) it's a good experience too.

Absolutely yes. Its one of the best cyberpunk stores out there.
However as mentioned before it takes time to get set up so be patient at first, watch it at night and treat it like an iyashikei show like YKK at first.

thats the actual scene

Damn some that CGI looks fucking awful though, mainly when they're walking, it looks so stilted and odd.

Was it 2deep4u?

i am not taking about the new series, i am talking about these:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk:_The_Golden_Age_Arc
didn't saw the new series yet, i am trying to stomach the CGI as you say.

Golden Age has cgi as well though, it's the same animation style

>psychopass
triggered

Basically all of the DC animated movies are pretty fucking great..

Not exactly.

I tried watching it and had to stop because the characters felt like the same cliches I had seen for years in a not very unique premise.

>he can't into allegory
Shit's a play-by-play of the napoelonic wars, faggot

It's the sort of show you really had to watch with Sup Forums to enjoy, especially when Shogo saved Christmas

That seems pretty reasonable but I never want to wade through the neverending crapfest just to get in on a few good threads.

exactly.
It tried hard to be taking seriously, but failed in delivering everything else.
Characters, dialogs and the whole story was borderline stupid.
Hell its one the series where i can point out at least one error in most sentences spoken.
This challange was the only reason ive finished the first season.

The remake was a little better paced honestly, but suffered from much the same problems
It's like even the VA's thought it was stupid
youtube.com/watch?v=6oAr4t5kK40

There was a remake?

I've never seen Assault on Arkham, but that is the worst design for Deadshot that I've ever seen.

Remake might not be the right word, they recut it to hype the release of the shitty second seaon so it wasn't 22 episodes. I think there were like 12 instead but they were 40 minutes or so, was a better quality product

He looked good in that Batman anthology from a few years back. Gotham Knight I think it's called? Pretty sure he shows up.

yeah. gotham knight is where all the jap artists came together.

EoE is literally a milestone in anime. Its essental after having completed the original series.

I see. I'd probably give it another chance if they trimmed it to a two part movie. That's really the only reason I watched GitS:SAC and Madoka.

Maybe I just don't have the patience for anime series anymore, probably for the same reason I don't watch any network TV.

Stop spreading misinformation you read.

They made a movie, it wasn't very good
Now THIS was hot garbage

>tfw fapped to the harley sex scene

>Killer Frost briefly naked
Almost fapped.

Dat Killer Frost doh..

Far too deep for you to ever comprehend

webm pls

Berserk '97 anime covers the same arc as the movies, but it does it so much better.

Avoid Berserk 2016 like the plague.

This looks tryhard as fuck.

Like, "Wow, look how unique we are. Look at these unique characters, like these stupid robots with beaker-heads. And the one has a broken beaker, because like, he's all messed up you know? Like he got hurt or something but he still functions. And now there's this plush toy, and it turns into a frog-like mesh of scintillating colors, and they like, okay, the frog thing gets hit by a train, and the pieces of its body turn into white butterflies."

I guess it's better than moeshit but not by much.

>We'll never get Black Swordsman arc without baffling overuse of CGI

The real Texnholyze doesn't even start until 20 episodes in

That really depends on what you're into

Post anikino

>mfw will never be the toy sex of a strong amazona

Why live?

well that was boring

Batman Under the Red Hood
Batman The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1&2
Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League Crisis on Two Earths
Justice League Gods and Monsters
Green Lantern First Flight
Wonder Woman

That's the most retarded thing I've seen all morning.

>Capeshit

>listing all the kiddie shit with crap animation
>No Mask of the Phantasm

no New Frontier?

Japan did answer the greatest question long before it was asked though

That one kinda fell apart at the end. Which is really unfortunate because the first 2/3rds are easily among best things DCAU has produced..

>Batman Under the Red Hood
>Batman The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1&2
>Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox
>Justice League Crisis on Two Earths

Yes.

I'll also throw in Planet Hulk.

This is still better than supergirl.

holy kek that was great.

Please tell me you have the Prince Of Tennis one with fucking dinosaurs

Why would someone shoot a man after throwing him out of a plane?

>capeshit
>mature

Ehh.

>He doesn't watch the pure capekino that is One Punch Man

Only half the shit on that was good

so they don't get blood on the floor