How Warner Bros. Opened ‘Suicide Squad’ To $140M+ – Late Friday B.O. Update

>3RD UPDATE, Friday, 11:14PM: Early evening estimates have Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad at $140M-plus for the weekend after a Friday that’s between $63.5M-$65M.

Well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg
youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE
my.mixtape.moe/dktvjn.webm
my.mixtape.moe/algitu.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCK MY GROSS UP!

Good. Tumblr and nu-males BTFO

Will it manage to break BvS' record in the second weekend drop?

that's how you do an opening, flopbusters

It's doing better than BvS already, it's only behind Civil War.

>Warner Bros. marketing department needs to be applauded here for delivering the third-best domestic opening of 2016 to date, the second best of the summer (after Captain America: Civil War‘s $179.1M) and the best opening of Will Smith’s career.

I'm interested in how this will play out.

>budget almost made back entirely
>almost makes the entire gross of ghostbusters in one weekend
kek remind how this movie was gonna fail again?

>It's doing better than BvS already
Because it's fun, average moviegoer likes fun
>it's only behind Civil War.
See above

>1). Suicide Squad (WB), 4,255 theaters / $63.5M-$65m Fri. (includes $20.5M previews) / 3-day cume: $140M+ / Wk 1

It's not even out in my country yet.

>the best opening of Will Smith’s career
Relatively? I fucking doubt it

youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg

I trust Deadline.

this is how you do it. just hype the shit out of a movie. it doesn't even have to be good, and watch the shekels roll in

>tfw having to wait until the 18th so see it

Man, I'm emotionally torn here. On one hand, I love making fun of DC fanboys for their terrible movies, on the other hand, I love it even more when "critics" get to realize how utterly insignificant they really are and how they have zero influence on a movie's success.

it's easy, fans crying doesn't change anything.
but critics losing their relevancy means they lose their jobs, and that's much more entertainment value.

You can just enjoy both. Enjoy the DC fanboys getting super butthurt by the low score, and enjoy the critics getting rekt by the money the film makes.

I did the same with Ghostbusters.
Enjoyed watching the autists get triggered by a high (relatively) score on RT
And then watch the feminists get triggered because the film didn't do well financially.

8). Ghostbusters (SONY), 2,545 theaters (-507) / $1.4M Fri. (-52%) / 3-day cume: $4.9M (-52%)/ Total cume: $116.8M / Wk 4

SJWs BTFO!!

Do both. I make fun of Dcucks in Sup Forums but secretly hope the movie is a success so the SJW critics get even madder and WB keeps on doing movies

>B cinemascore
>26% rt

Yeah, I can see that 80% second weekend drop coming already

capeshit succeeding is bad for future movie quality

>I love it even more when "critics" get to realize how utterly insignificant they really are and how they have zero influence on a movie's success.
Yeah man, look at BvS

BvS was succesful though

>DC Frontloads another piece of shit and it instantly dies the next week

This is going to be a constant thing isn't it?

>BvS was succesful
Kek

I know right? RT is such a joke

BvS had an opening of $166M, so it's not doing better.

All over the world though (counting China) and also the next weekend was Easter, hence the drop

Wait, I thought BvS had the highest opening for any superhero movie ever? I could have sworn I read some articles that said that and even saw it posted on Sup Forums. How is it so far below the 2 avengers movies?

where do you live m8?

I am from third world, I its in cienams on 8th

user, read before posting. Suicide Squad isn't worldwide, BvS was.

He's from Germcuckistan.
+
He gets the censored version anyway

BvS opened in all countries on the same day.

It did because of the worldwide opening, that's also the reason of the heavy drop. Most movies don't do that because they don't get the initial boost from different countries in different weekends and the drop looks much worse.

I have heard in the news that there is very % percent of people with mental illnes in DE lately.

Its only matter of time when some raging leftist will blame another alla alla attact on this movie

>> 72866797
I know, that doesn't change anything though. Those in the OP, the post I replied to and mine are all domestic numbers, not worldwide.

It doesn't matter, it was frontloaded with capeshit fans just like BvS. It will have a massive drop next week due to the bad reviews and word of mouth, and it doesn't even have China to fall back on.

All in all, I don't think this will pass 500 million.

SS is PG13. There is nothing to censor.

>There is nothing to censor.
Tell that to China, it's too dark for them.

Ghosts and the Japanese are both illegal in China.

This movie is targeted at teens, released in summer and the next weekend isn't Easter, so the drop will be a normal one. It'll make Deadpool numbers I guess

For some reasons skulls and undeads are literally illegal in Chinaland

And 99% are self appointed critics you now.

It's because the commies hate spirituality and don't want people asking too many questions

What a fascinating image.

>This movie is targeted at teens
Every cape movie is targeted at teens. Literally nobody expects 40-year-olds to watch Captain Spandex 7, except for man babbies.

> It'll make Deadpool numbers I guess
Keep dreaming, without China, with these shit reviews and following BvS and MoS this will be a flop.

>nearly beats Ghostbusters's entire b.o. so far in a single weekend

my sides

Deadpool wasn't realeased in China either, my shill friend

My 60-year-old dad likes these movies. They remind him of his childhood, when Adam West's Batman was new and exciting.

Phantom Lady is tops pham

I know that that particular illustration of Phantom Lady was used in a larger spread of DC sluts in a old Wizard magazine. Now I'm driving myself crazy trying to find it -- I remember some good faps when I was younger.

Psst hey user T.Catt

>Suicide Squad continues to validate Warner Bros.’ ability to capitalize on its brands.
>Warner Bros
>ability to capitalize on its brands

Did WB write this article?

those are domestic numbers you idiots, BvS opening worldwide on the same day has nothing to do with domestic numbers

fugg i forgot about that site. i'll brb.

Is this good for an opening weekend? I can't tell. The reviews on RT are absolutely terrible but I saw it last night and it was p. good

>and it was p. good

Sorry you have such terrible taste, user.

The thing is bvs was trying to be cerebral and succeed tge dark knight and it failed miserably

SS was just trying to be a fun ride and it succeeded

I just enjoy other people's suffering, no matter how pathetic the reason for their suffering may be

Hey hey you have to be at least 18 to be here.

What's wrong with it?

>that pic
Based Warner

How fucked far gone does a woman need to be where she gets made at a female character having big tits

Iit sounded way more edgy than I intended. "Suffering" wasn't the right word.

What I meant was, I enjoy people's petty tantrums over non issues

It's cute when people are so set on defending a film's honour that they fap over dolar counts like a bunch of dribbling idiots. These threads wouldn't exist if the movie was any good. Grow up and get over it.

highest august gross bruh

Someone wanted the scene where Harley says that she sleeps with who she wants. Here you go.

my.mixtape.moe/dktvjn.webm

>my.mixtape.moe/dktvjn.webm

Why don't you leak the whole thing and be over with it?

movie was great brah. Quit hatin

why do normies think that crazy = slutty ?

Harley was wholesome as fuck

>Harley
>wholesome
user.

Ghostbusters BTFO

Implying she could ever be more than best gal pal and/or abused victim in the new comic cuckverse

>the dark knight trilogy was cerebral
When will this fucking meme die?

welp, i am glad WB copied Disney's formula and it worked, maybe JL won't be a emo massive piece of shit after all.

TBQH i want DC to shift the tone of their movies and give Zack "el hack" snyder the boot.

>8). Ghostbusters (SONY), 2,545 theaters (-507) / $1.4M Fri. (-52%) / 3-day cume: $4.9M (-52%)/ Total cume: $116.8M / Wk 4

Someone do the math. that should work out to empty theaters.

It needs 3 billion to make profit, trust me I'm a meme accountant.

please post the HONKA HONKA cringe

Marvel master race. DC a shit.

my.mixtape.moe/algitu.webm

>$140 million opening despite needing $700 million break even
>not releasing in china
>terrible word of mouth so far
Ledger was right. Everything burns.

Damn that's more than the theatrical run of Ghostbusters 2016.

Speaking of which,
>Look, why would I go see Suicide Squad and have to look at the way a male director frames Margot Robbie’s ass in a stupid, impractical outfit for two hours when I could just go see ghostbusters 7 more times instead?

This shit is getting more and more hilarious.

It tried to get people to pay money to the local theaterman and it succeeded too.

It only failed to meet Marvel standards of critic bribery and box office, so a relative success

>needing $700 million break even
>on a 175M budget
>most of the money made is domestic and in the first week

Every time

>These threads wouldn't exist if the movie was any good.
Yes they would you newfag

Its have made around $100m in China with wb getting about $30m max from receipts

lol that's not enough you stupid fuck it needs atleast 5 billion dollars to even begin gaining profit.

reminder that there has not been a dceu movie that opened with less than $100m

audiences recognise kino

>not knowing about advertisement expenses
>not knowing about gross redistribution
>yet memeing hard

>$700 million

You wish DCuck, what about the 900 millions in the marketing? Nowadays you need to make 8 times your budget or you're broke lmao

In her solo movie she'll understand that in her flashbacks she was tormented by Joker.

half the gross goes to the exhibitors you stupid cunt

just... wow

thank you I needed that

>making shit up

First week is almost everything for the studio, the following weeks it drops. That's why, you know, there are still studios and all that

Rule of thumb is you need to make twice your budget back to see money, the more domestic and soon it is the better

Fucking this, 85% of the profit goes to other companies aside from the studio. So that 15% needs to be at 10 times the production budget.

>mfw everyone saying this is the best DCEU film so far

guess all the rewrites saved Ayer's hack garbage efforts and salvaged an actual movie out of them