Reminder that the untalented and the hacks never die

Reminder that the untalented and the hacks never die.

Well yeah you're still here.

the next deaths on that list will be as follows: anthony kiedis, mick jagger, eddie vedder, gene simmons (jews always live the longest)

I feel like Dave grohl should be a part of this bunch op.

Anyone else feel me?

jagger is the one who doesn't belong

>he thinks the Stones weren't just about image and celebrity cult rather than music

This mutha fucker is sucking the souls of rockstars to say alive

Three of those guys made fun-oriented music and one did mostly social commentary rather than songs about himself.

Eddie Vedder seems like he has his head on straight and didn't fuck up his body with drugs and drinking, plus he has no severe mental illness, so no doubt he'll be the last of his ilk to die, barring accident.

Kiedis will probably live normally for a while longer but die at around 70, earlier than people will expect, just because his organs are probably in bad shape. He's too much of an obnoxious, egocentric asshole to ever consider suicide, honestly.

Gene will probably make it to his early 80s, he's another one I don't think got too into hard drugs if at all. Same with Jagger, relatively speaking. I'm sure he dabbled more than Gene but is nowhere near on Keith's level.

Keith being still alive and fairly well isn't as ridiculous as people make it out to be. His drug use was varied and long-tenured, but exaggerated. He had too much of a brain to overdo it.

He is smiling like that cause its true.

Eddie Vedder is a pretty big lush, but he's never done drugs AFAIK.

Gene Simmons has always mocked drug users as weak little faggots but he is pretty fucking overweight which for an almost 70 year old guy isn't that good. He may die earlier than expected.

>He's too much of an obnoxious, egocentric asshole

That applies to all of the guys in OP pic.

>Gene will probably make it to his early 80s, he's another one I don't think got too into hard drugs if at all
if he's had sex with half as many women as he claims, you know he's riddled with STDs

Gene's son actually seems pretty cool and is a decent writer. Not really sure how that happened.

Why are butthurt Cobain fanboys still hating on Eddie Vedder?

Keith Richards's drug use probably peaked in the mid-70s. He likes to claim he only used pharmaceutical-grade coke and heroin, but who knows?

Gene yes, but honestly he's pretty harmless compared to Kiedis. Gene might say retarded shit but he doesn't throw petulant tantrums and try to ruin other people like Kiedis. Mick and Eddie are only as inflated as anyone would be in their spot I think, if at all.

Honestly, with the kind of medical treatment available to him, STDs probably aren't much of a worry. HIV is always a scare, but even that these days is livable if you have access to the right health care, look at Charlie Sheen.

>Gene's son actually seems pretty cool and is a decent writer
did you hear about the time he plagiarized bleach and threatened to have his dad sue everyone who spoke out on it

Agreed. Björk the parasite has many more decades to go.

TBF Anthony is the most likely of those four guys to have a dick rotting off from STDs.

Mick's going away in 2021

dubs

truth in dubs

None of them belong there. It's just a meme. Gene Simmons is definitely a hack, but he's sure as hell not untalented.

>one of the greatest rock songwriters and musicians of the past 30 years
>great sense of humor
>really humble, kind guy
yeah what an untalented hack

No, but now that I'm looking, it's pretty funny.

>“I have no idea how people are saying my comic looks like that bleach magma. My book is in color and the other is not. My book reads left to right… the other reads right to left. Besides some vague similarities, they’re nothing alike."

>not the best singer in his band
>not the best songwriter in his band
>not the best instrumentalist in his band
>essentially phoned it in after the 70s

Paul Stanley is easily the much better guy in terms of songwriting and just plain work ethic.

>Gene might say retarded shit but he doesn't throw petulant tantrums and try to ruin other people like Kiedis
Mike Patton detected. Get off of Sup Forums, you bum.

The KISS solo albums should tell you all you need to know about where the talent is. Gene and Paul are basically equal if you count all the beans, but Frehley was the one who was somewhat gifted.

Ace Frehley was the guy who inspired a lot of kids to pick up a guitar, like for example Dimebag Darrell.

I saw Kiss a couple weeks ago in Laughlin, and I think you're right about Ace being the real talent. Gene's bass "solo" was just weird slapping, sliding, and tongue-ing. Good show, but not mind-blowing.

Paul Stanley is pretty awful to watch now. He can't sing anymore and doesn't even make an effort to perform on stage.

Totally. He was spotty with his singing, mustering up what he could, but in between songs you could hear his vocal chords where stressed and scarred.

BSSM, Californication, By The Way and Stadium Arcadium are all great albums and Anthony's lyrics for these albums are great too.

TFW John Fruscainte is looking a little fried in the head in recent photos. Hope he's not fucked up on drugs again because he has to pay his ex wife $30000 a month alimony.

Gene's problem was that he'd have been second guitar in any other band and probably OK at it. He came up with a lot of the riffs before Ace got fully integrated into the band, like Deuce for example. But with the kind of music they play, his bass was expendable.

I gotta say, Paul Stanley must hold the record for the rock vocalist with the most deterioration. It's not just that he lost a little range with age, his vocal chords are literally like hamburger meat now. It's not just the bazillions of live shows over the decades, but his stage banter really took a toll. He'd yell at the top of his lungs between sets about how important the KISS Army (their fans) were and all that. He got throat surgery in the late 2000s, but he ignored doctors' orders to take it easy and continued to abuse himself trying to hit high notes like the Heaven's On Fire intro.

If you've seen more recent interviews with the guy, he can barely even talk anymore, let alone sing.

Usually the guys whose voices hold up well are the ones like Anthony Kiedis and Mick Jagger who don't really sing, they sing-talk. Most of the screamer/power vocalists go to shit with time.

Elton John's up there too. He doesn't sound remotely like he used to, it's actually kind of scary, it's not just the usual drop all old men get. Dylan's is shot.

Paul McCartney was ok until about 5 years ago but his voice has really deteriorated recently. He still has lots of energy and stage presence, but he can't sing anymore.

>Dylan's is shot
dylan's been terrible live far longer than he's been good. i'm jealous of those who have positive anecdotes of his concert

>Most of the screamer/power vocalists go to shit with time

Chris Barnes fucked up his voice pretty good, but it could have been the all the smoking he has done. Never liked Cannibal Corpse though. Lord Worm fucked up his voice quite quick, Once Was Not was an aggressive spiral downwards related to his earlier work. Devin Townsend's voice and range seems to hold sway well, which is odd considering what he does. Maybe all this is why Serj Tankian gave up the harder vocals; protecting his crazy voice.

Normal, melodic singing (and even some singing with embellishment) won't kill you if you do warm-ups, exercise proper form, stay hydrated, etc. I guarantee Jagger had a vocal coach at some point give him this kind of advice, not to improve his fidelity but just to give him longevity.

Axl Rose is a perfect example. Great voice back in the day. Tragically sounds like Mickie Mouse on helium

He had the most powerful, technical singing of the Beatles so no surprise.

He was fine up until Time Out of Mind roughly, that's when the frog voice started showing up. I saw him about 10 years ago and I thought there was something wrong with Mohegan Sun's sound system.

Dylan's voice tends to change dramatically every album; a lot of fans like to debate which era of his career had the best vocals.

The vocals chords unfortunately are a very easy part of the body to injure because they have no nerve endings in them, therefore you won't know you're damaging them until it's too late.

>BSSM, Californication, By The Way and Stadium Arcadium are all great albums
You don't belong on Sup Forums. Try /r/music instead.

>But with the kind of music they play, his bass was expendable

Gene played some good melodic bass in the 70s, but by the 80s he just chugged the root note. Though I grant it was just because of changing music styles--melodic bass lines weren't in fashion during the 80s. Judas Priest stopped having melodic bass in the 80s as well. Too bad because Ian Hill had some pretty good bass lines on those early albums.

Like most of the British singers of his day, Jagger was taught to sing with an American accent. I'm sure his coach included voice care in that.

Wasn't Syd Barrett the first guy to sing with a British accent?

he was the first British pop star to make a rousing success of it

I highly doubt he was the first to go about doing it in the studio

Foo Fighters might be pretty generic, but God damn do I love Dave Grohl.

his finger joints are disgusting

One of the best frontmen of all time, the music doesn't even fucking matter at this point, he deserves to be remembered for stage presence alone

Blind RHCP hating is more reddit than admitting they have a few classics, namely Mother's Milk and BSSM for me.

Eh, the first two albums are damn good

Stones music is amazing though, fuck that other guy.

Eddie Vedder shall live forever.

The Rolling stones are better than The Beatles.