How do you feel about ska?

how do you feel about ska?

The poor man's Hipster

It's eh, not so good

i like some songs by The Specials. the guy in your pic most definitely doesn't exist.

Ska punk is great, normal ska is pretty cringe most of the time.

The English Beat are great cause they mixed in a lot of post punk and they were my dad's favorite band when I was growing up but everything else kinda sucks

is there reall ska fans like that in america? terribles

KEK

I go through periods where I love it, and periods when I hate it. I will say though that there was no /comfy/-er of an era in alternative music than that of the mid 90s 3rd wave ska boom.

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

I really dislike 3rd wave American ska, but og , two tone , rocksteady, fusion , and Latin ska are something I enjoy

>mfw it's real

>T. That's actually me in the pic

Streetlight Manifesto is a great band but it's ska punk so...

My housemate dresses exactly like that minus the hat and glasses. He's 27.

>the guy in your pic most definitely doesn't exist.

There were thousands of this guy in 1997 - 1998. down to the facial expression. Especially in Orange County, CA, where I lived at the time.

you ever hear of Spazkid?

Operation Ivy is the only good ska punk band, prove me wrong

Why do they dress like that?

>rude boy
>white neckbeard

god dammit, america.

Went to a ska show one time. Noisey was there filming a documentary about ska and I ended up onscreen in the credits.

>checkered guitar with only neck pickup
Why

PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUP

get doxxed nigga

Got no issues with it, generally speaking. The only ska band I'm really into is Op Ivy, just know a few songs here and there by some others. Sell Out by RBF was one of my earliest exposures to punk (now my favourite genre), it was on a Didney-branded skateboarding video game

That said, who the fuck wears a tie with a t-shirt? That's some top shelf fucking degeneracy and it needs to be dealt with.

kek

it was good before the yanks got their hands on it

I like the Aquabats, don't really get the whole ska culture thing though

Tfw I have actually owned that shirt