Ameritards, why are you scared of a manual transmission?

ameritards, why are you scared of a manual transmission?

why are you poor?

Because I don't care to do anything I don't have to that requires more attention to be taken away from the road.

But I drive a manual car and am American you eurofag

haven't seen one of these threads in awhile.

i learned on a manual though.

Whatever Paul you Britbong Paedo.

Paul the Britbong Paedo

Does not happen because shifting becomes an habit.

by doing these actions you're more involved with traffic.
Besides it is not an action you need to actively look at the shiftstick for. basic motor skills will do.

in no way should you be operating a motor vehicle

you probably have 101 video game keyboard commands memorized, though.

don't feel the need to give a car a handjob all day.
besides it is a fact that automatics get better gas mileage

probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm not. I could drive a manual but it's easier to drive an automatic and there's not substantial reason to not choose the convenience

Lick my butthole faggot

As a yuropoor i can say:
Logically speaking there is no reason for a car to be manual anymore. We've got the technology and it improves your life, therefore - why the fuck not? If you don't agree with this simple concept why don't you ride on horseback? People are afraid though because it's seen as unmanly to have an automatic car which is probably the only reason why we didn't adapt.

more freedom when you drive an automatic you fag

You mean other than the facts in this pic related

you still get more control with a manual... im american and its all ive driven since i was 17

ive been driving my uncles car its a cvt automatic thing and its unbearable, once the pass opens i can head over and get my truck and be back to driving a 5 speed

>improved acceleration
due to lower gas mileage

I drive manual and will never go back to auto

nose picker detected

harder to drink my beer in traffic

that's why the foam dome was invented.

when i drive down the interstate, i see people doing various things behind the wheel with both hands at 80 mph like texting, reading books, putting on makeup, eating, watching tv, etc. not possible with one hand and half your attention on dr. freud down there

You might not have a choice. There are fewer and fewer manual transmission cars built every year.

kek

>in some cars

how about I just like it.

Have you heard of a three on the tree. We did that. I have a 65 F100 with a 3 speed manual+ electric overdrive. So yeah Americans don't know manually shifty magig hurdur....

on highway it actually is. on highways you dont change gears so you're not doing anything?

Yeah this is pretty well known to people that actually give a shit about cars. Manual transmissions are generally 100-200 lbs lighter than their automatic counterparts, making them more efficient in several ways. They are also more durable, last longer, and handle more torque than automatics. The automatic transmission is literally only available because of convenience. And now it's the cancer that is choking the automotive industry to a slow and painful death. Even CVTs, which in theory are the most efficient transmission concept, have been modified to be less efficient, prone to issues and breakdowns, and even heavier because manufacturers received complains that people want them to behave like automatics. My fellow Americans are lazy assholes.

Been driving my dads automatic Volvo, its good to drive but it gets a little boring, cant wait to get my own manual back from repair

Cars are stupid in general, the whole culture creates too many cancerous autofags that think they're hard as fuck.

You can short shift with manual which means better milage. Or you can hit the limiter for better acceleration.
I have an auto and manuals. Manual is more fun and more control. I get complacent and fall asleep driving my auto.

that's exactly my point - there's no logical reasoning behind not wanting an automatic
as pointed out: there are indicators thowards logical arguments, but noone gives a fuck anyways.
it's an emotional decision

You get both because your not wasting energy through a torque converter

Amerifat here.

I drive a manual, and I drive an auto. Just depends on the weather, what mood I am in, and how long of a trip I am taking.

>fact that automatics get better gas mileage
lol that people believe this

Because they need to hold the Coke in right hand

Constantly cycling neutral, first, second in traffic is ass. Reason enough. Automatics arent commonly available because the convenience is enjoyed and the cost is affordable and justifiable. However, outside of traffic, manual is certainly more fun, and as far as the car responding to you, automatic is absolute ass (no response from depressing pedal until it suddenly drops gear and throttles way up).

I fully expect that is only true if you follow all the obsessions necessary for maximizing mileage, which is unrealistic for any transmission.

Automatic transmission is factually safer due to requiring 2 less limbs to operate the vehicle. It allows you to maintain both hands in the wheel, or multitask while driving without further impediment to your ability to operate the vehicle.

The excuse of mildly better gas mileage and cheaper repair are poorfag tier. The excise of a manual being more "fun" is the only acceptable one, but not everyone is looking for a hobby in their driving experience.

You don't actually believe that do you? Do you know what a torque converter dose? It slips. Almost always, unless it's locked up.
TLDR:Slip=Loss

so does chugging a fifth of Taaka while cruising down the road at 75, but I wouldn't condone it

Because I live in a large city and traffic in an automatic is fucking miserable. Constant stop and go in an auto all day is fucking awful. I'll gladly take slightly worse specs in my comuting car for convenience

I drove a manual for 2 years and it never became a habit for me, I hated the fuck out of it and will never touch one again if I can help it.

> why would you use modern technology when the old, outdated ways are much """""""better""""""

same reason I don't churn my own butter, shit in a pot, or drive a horse/buggy to town

we're just evolving past it... u know bc of that whole we have money thing and dont need to recycle old pieces of shit

I need a free hand to smoke weed or finger your mom.

lmao dam got em

Manual is fucking cool though

Driving a manual only has one bonus: you feel badass. Other than that it's just a waste of effort

Found the wrx driver

so is reading by candlelight and watching VHS tapes but we have better ways of doing shit now

Yeah. That and all the performance benefits

no hes more of the mid-90s rusted civic driver from the trailer park.

You realize that most people aren't faggots and use their cars to commute and don't care about the 2% performance difference

I reckon manuals are safer because you need to pay attention. Autos are so borING it's hard to keep concentration up. I just daydream while staring out the window.

Bus rider detected

nah brah, if you're not cranking it to 9000 rpm and popping the clutch you're a faggot brah

I only race for pinks bitch! the left lane is my homefield turf straight up, you feel me? I race everywhere...racing is in my blood brah!

Going to the gas station? getting a jug of milk? commuting to my part time job at Subway? Hell yeah I'm hittin that NOS son, gotta step on the gas and go fast!

>Talking about driving a car
>bus rider

Damn you're stupid

manual is going to outdated in the next decade or two. The only argument for it is that an experienced human can have the engine perform slightly better than an automatic. As soon as that threshold is crossed and they can tighten up an auto transmission to the point that its more adept than a human, manual transmissions will be obsolete

It's like most things. Automatic is just easier and boring for people that can't be bothered using more motor skills or brain power than they need to. It's more convenient for the lazy person.
Would you prefer to use softwares and cameras in automode? Or hardcore manual mode where you actual have to intuitively contribute.

Yes because no one on Sup Forums talks out of their ass about things they know nothing about. You burned me so bad. I need a burn unit.

You mean aside from the impediment that using your phone and doing other shit while driving brings? There's a reason why there's constantly news about americans wrecking their cars and killing people in the most retarded ways. When driving a car becomes as boring as driving on a bus shit happens. Laziness only breads more laziness and stupidity.

>no response from depressing pedal until it suddenly drops gear and throttles way up

Does not know how to manually shift an auto?

Because I don't like touching items that looks like a penis let alone jerking it.

Brit tard why do you down shift when approaching a stop instead of putting it in neutral?

Only problem with that comparison is photography is a hobby and most people drive out of necessity not for fun

We are not

>stupidity
>breads

I second this

Manual shift will only become obsolete when the driver becomes obsolete. Until then cars can't read your mind so automatic will always be inefficient.

>automatics get better gas mileage
Your total lack of vehical knowledge and driving skill is why they put you in an automatic.

Maybe they would actually drive for fun if they did some of the work themselves. You know, like working out yourself is more enjoyable than watching others do it. Unless you're a lazy fuck.

It's called engine braking and having ultimate control of your car and speed. Coasting is for poorfags who can't afford gasoliiiine! Or whatever that piss is you put in your car's across the pond.

You mean you can use your phone and drive in the US at the same time?

Many Americans know to to drive a manual.. but for me, living a Denver where I am constantly in traffic, I prefer to have an automatic. If I lived in rural area, I would rather have a manual.

I have never owned an automatic car. Been driving shift for 11 years now.

They are for poor people here bro.

I learned stick on a duce and a half. gtfo nerds

do you still hand wash your clothes in a basin? i use a washing machine.. i also drive automatic.

You still type like a nigger.

How am I supposed to eat a burger when one hand is on a stick and the other on the wheel?

Think before you speak third world trash.

Computers in cars will "learn" as it's driven by a human, eventually able to predict your habits with very high accuracy. This step will certainly happen before drivers are completely obsolete

Because i'm not a drag racer? No benefit otherwise.

8 speed zf, maybe if you could afford actual cars...

I enjoy driving. Even mundane as driving to work or for some peperami from the shop I still like it to be fun. So I choose stick as my preference.

>american men consider using a manual to be manly af
this is directed at women and femboys right? cause europe has those too

More embarrassing...

As an amerifag that drives standard, when I get in an automatic, sometimes I mistakenly jam the brake, going for the clutch

Greater degree of control, cheaper to buy, lighter, more durable, cheaper to repair, better acceleration, better gas mileage. The only reason to consider automatic is if you have a disability or no coordination, in which case you shouldn't be driving at all.

Holy shit I know these feels. The hardest I've ever been laughed at since high school was doing this and leaving a huge skid behind me as a cop across the street watched the manifestation of my retardation

We're not, which leads me to my question... How did you become retarded?

Well considering all the tests around driverless cars at the moment.

Thing is a driverless car has to be programmed to kill the driver, because there will be a situation where it either hits a group of people and kills several or just kills the driver and it has to go with the least dangerous result

>I couldn't shift out of first mommy!
Actual living proof of why automatics exist

automatic transmissions are the future, yuropoor. your shitty country doesnt have them because they cant afford them

It took 15 minutes to learn, it's not hard, just annoying.

I already hate driving enough, why add extra shit on top of it.

People develop bad habits driving automatics in uk like left foot braking. Then they drive stick and press clutch instead of brake ha. Twats.

For a daily commuter, automatic is fine.

Worth being good at driving anything, ya know... For a shtf scenario.