Why did they think it was a good idea to make the first half an hour of this Sex and the City with Capes?

Why did they think it was a good idea to make the first half an hour of this Sex and the City with Capes?

I get that they wanted to make us sympathise with Batgirl more as a character, and they did okay with it until they just made her another stronk womyn/love interest; they should have expanded upon her coming to understand that being a superhero requires restraint/solitude, but they didn't and so it felt tacked on - it wasn't even good OC. It would've been better to just have Batgirl be a loving daughter to Commissioner Gordon and that's it.

Why do you hate women?

Shit writing, basically. Their intent was fine, with shitty villain guy being obsessed with Babs and her playing up to him and eventually losing her rag and beating him silly they clearly meant it to mirror Bats and Joker, as well as building her up for the film audience who weren't too aware of her, and simultaneously providing a good reason for Bats to finally look in the mirror and decide he and Joker need to talk before he just fucking kills him. But the execution was abysmal, the villain was terrible, they turned Babs into a whiny bitch, they threw in shipping for no good reason, and overall just fucked everything up. But when you consider the animation, artstyle, and direction, it isn't even important that the story was shit because even if it was good those things would ruin it.

Pic has never been more related.

Huh. There is really no point to building up a character everybody knows. It should be assumed anyone watching this movie is familiar with comics or the animated DC universe at the very least (the video games and old animated series as well).

They should've just used the source as scripture.

because The Killing Joke was a short that was never supposed to be an animated movie in the first place.

The animation was ok if a bit 'computerised'. I'm fine that it doesn't have the lurid colours of the original.

>I'm fine that it doesn't have the lurid colours of the original.
Then I'm sorry but you're a fucking pleb user.

I understand why such a thing is impractical for a TV/film adaptation.

Honestly, why was the animation so shitty?
They got it right a few times by now and they considerably spend a lot of movie on these.
How can did they take a few steps back with this one? It doesn't even emulate the comics style expect for a few scenes.

It made me want to fuck Batgirl.

If that was the point, then good job.

Because no cartoons have used highly stylised colourisation to represent madness before?

I get why they did it. You can't show a 30 minute "movie" at theaters that has someone getting shot and sexually assaulted within the first five minutes. Otherwise Barbara just looks like a plot device. I will say the first half wasn't very good. Dialogue was stilted. "Boy, and I thought the drama in the gay community was bad".

Americans are terrible animators who have never been able to produce adult animated films well.

I don't quite get who this movie was made for.

It's littered with adult subjects and themes like death and sex, while keeping a very cartoony style and animation so bad only kids could look past it.

Even the characters were mostly stock capeshit stereotypes.

It felt like a kid's cartoon made for adults with poor judgement.

So you know exactly who this was made for. Millennials.

But that doesn't make sense either. Milennials are too young to have any frame of reference for this movie.

Both the original story and the cartoon the movie tries to emulate are way beyond them.

The response of a true pleb

Millenials grew up in the 90's. Back when the animated show was airing.

Milennials are people born after the millennium though.