Is Monk detective kino?

Is Monk detective kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wYkpUOB6nro
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop asking if everything is kino, you fucking retard

But is it Kino though? I think it is. In fact, I know it is.

It's either this or he goes back to posting pics of little girls that he wishes would call him a faggot.

That's pretty gross

This show made me think if I have OCD as a kid. I kinda do

Did he find who merked his wife?!

In the finale

>Yes, well done, Monk, well done.
>Just one more thing though...

Yep, in the last episodes
I assume they made these intentionally. That's funny

would bang like a boss

I liked Natalie more but the show was better with Sharona.

it's more like detective cleano

that's because they were building to something with Dale the Whale that got dropped because they kept having to recast him
best episode was when Sharona returned

Was it the Chief? Was he wearing her skin off screen?

Comfy as fuck

Watched it every afternoon with my mother

Sharona too

I liked this show for the first couple of seasons but eventually my emotional investment just completely eroded because the writers kept flip-flopping on Monk's condition.

In one episode we're supposed to laugh at his antics and in the next we're supposed to cy at how it cripples him and basically ruins his life. It only works for so long until people stop taking you seriously, play it for drama or for laughs, but not both.

The worst offender of this was what I believe was a season finale or openener or something, the one where Monk runs into someone that looks like his late wife. The episode opens with him and his therapist discussing how far he has come and that Monk should now consider reapplying to the police force. Then the plot happens, Monk goes through a lot of shit, and the episode ends with them talking about how this has set him back for years and he should forget about reapplying for the forseeable future. In short, a huge, huge downer ending.

And then the next episode rolls around and we're supposed to laugh at his wacky ticks again? Fuck off lazy writers.

>but not both

And why not? Can your limited mind not handle a combination? Does a show have to be painted with one color? Fucking retard

>play it for drama or for laughs, but not both.

Why? People with similar conditions in real life are both amusing and tragic

Like I said, it works for a while but eventually it gets weary. The comedic and tragic parts feel hollow because they changed the tone too many times.

>watches a dramedy
>bitches that it's a dramedy

Why is this not streaming anywhere? I've never watched it, but found out Tom Scharpling was a producer/writer on it and want to see it.

Dramedy don't necessarily play off the same content every. single. time.

not sure but this is
youtube.com/watch?v=wYkpUOB6nro

I need to rewatch this. Only saw random eps. Lately I have realize how bad my own OCD had gotten and started taking medication.

Columbo is true detective kino.
>shows you the murderer at the beginning
>the whole show becomes about how Columbo is going to mind game them into giving themselves away

Psych is most comfy.

My mom loves detective shows too, we'd watch everything from murder she wrote to the Rockford files, to monk. When I came back from university we even watched doc Martin, but that's pretty much where I drew the line I don't much like doc Martin too britishy, same with the ever so highly recommended new sherlocks they just seethe with Britishness not my style.

>play it for drama or for laughs, but not both.
Actually, I think that was the best thing about this show. Even in the same episode they could make you laugh and feel sorry for him.

yes, yes, well done inspector Columbo, well done

HOWEVER

True detective kino is all British. Inspector Lewis and George gently are my favorites.

How can you forget Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes