Tesla master race reporting. When will u poor fags stop driving gasoline cars?

Tesla master race reporting. When will u poor fags stop driving gasoline cars?

When tesla finally makes a good car

U wot

OP my dude that isnt even a Tesla...And Tesla is the fucking shit btw

Guy at my old work bought a Nissan Leaf, he had to put it on charge at work for 5+ hours just to be able to get back home.

Many laughs were had on the several occasions he forgot to charge it.

I won't because the rotary is the best engine, not some gay bzzzzz shit that they have to put a speaker in to replicate the holy music that is the internal combustion engine powered by based hi test gasoline.

Naaa where's the fun of having torque and power instantly, electric cars have no character compaired to mechanical running vehicles. Idiots who know nothing about cars like electric vehicles

I like to go places.
How am I suppose to go to the beach or the dunes with aa charge that only lasts 80 miles?
What happens if I put a tow package on a Tesla and try to launch my jet ski on the boat ramp?

muscle cars are for aging bald men who think they're still stuck in their 20s and think that having 600hp and no on center steering is a good idea

you made the exact same thread over on /o/?

yeah, who wants a car that goes 0-60 in 2.3 seconds. Oh, I do.

Nah I'm good.

I dream of a cyberpunk future street racing scene with custom wound stator swaps and capacitative boost systems all inspired by the 25th installment of the Fast & Furious franchise featuring a very stoic and wrinkly Vin Diesel.

You obviously never experienced high boost

>comparing a $30k electric car to a $100k one.

Top. Kek.

The Tesla S is the worlds fastest production sedan. It's on par or better than Ferrari's, Lambo's and Porsche's.

When I run out of gasoline.

>actually enjoying massive donkey dick boost lag

gtfo

>but..but my vtec...

...when teeny weeny blip-blop crappy hunk of junk will be able to drive the panamerican route from alaska to paragonia.
i doubt you'll find any charging station outside your pansy ass comfy zone.
now you can go back to your mom, crying because you can't shove yourself up her wobbly vagina again.

Indeed it is from production but the price of one is stupid. Heres a step by step guide to beat 0-60 in under 2.3s

>Step one
>Buy short geared sequential box used in rally/rallycross
>step two
>fit gearbox to whatever car you want
>example standard Subaru impreza (not a wrx or sti) as the car 4wd so it's the same drivetrain as tesla
>example gearbox prodrive sequential box
>step 3
>from the magic of short gearing have a 0-60 of 2 second but a top speed of 8omph
>step 4
>profit???

>Pretends to drive daddy's car
>daddy is actually broke and op sucks dick in the back of his '94 Oldsmobile

I've had mine since I was 20 though

NEW BI-TURBOS DON'T HAVE TURBO LAG LOLOLOLOLOLOL

spooling at 4k is still having lag

>Needing 70k extra to actually get anywhere.
>Still an electric car
Very few people spend 100k on a fucking car dude, so for the average buyer electric is still a shit option if you want to go further than a average commute.

Whenever there are available battery chargers around the country just like gas pumps. They're just an expensive fucking toy

you made me spit my hit of weed out laughing at that

they are really nice on the outside.
but rear drive, few model with stick shift and thirsty oversized gasoline engines make those little more than very large collectible item.
I'd take a 1972 Challenger and replace the guts with nowadays stuff, admitted there's enough space... and i have a lot of spare time / money.

>spools at 4k is still having lag

in a conventional turbo that would be the case but as a biturbo was developed to take away all turbo lag by having a smaller turbo to power a bigger turbo you then get no lag. I'm currently writing a paper about turbonetic designs, thermodynamics and future technologies and from multiple sources and company's research it solves all problems a conventional turbo creates the only problem is that the technology is expensive as fuck

80 miles, is this 2009?

is that the shit they put into the 13b-rew in the spirit R rx7?

Unfortunately because of the Diesel gate scandal diesel vehicles in Europe are estimated to be off the road within 10 years thanks to euro emission laws being stricter alot of company's hoped that turbos would help reduce the HC and NOx the vehicle produces companies like Vw failed by making an engine that would never reach Euro 6 emission standards and used a lean testing map but Porsche (which is owned by vw group) experimented and used biturbos on their diesel panamera. Vehiclewas way under the emission limits and produced stupid amounts of torque

There's a lot of hate and love for both sides of the electric vs gas cars in here but here's my take.

I love my sports car, but it's a gas guzzler. I'm very fascinated by the Tesla 3 for its autopilot. I have my name on the reserve list for the model 3 which will be my commuter car. Then I'll still have my sports cars for my weekend trips. Best of both worlds.

I love both the raw power of my V8 and the idea of sleeping on my way to work.

Yes electric vehicles are the future, hybrids have been popular in America because of the prius, but the way that electric cars are being made currently is worse than driving a Smokey old Diesel for 5 years

it might accerate quickly, but lacks the brakes, the feel, the suspension of a proper sports car. It's a terrible one-trick pony.

straight line speed is the first thing you tire of doing...

Plus, Elon Musk is gay as fuck.

Pretty sure the rx7 spirit r just had an antilag kit fitted to the turbo. Love a rotary engine but I don't know everything about them

I haven't heard any news on the long term effects of battery production lately but I remember that being a thing.

Tesla now has its gigafactory which they are going to start making batteries but do they have a plan for recycling old batteries?

I drive a diesel BMW and you can suck my dick, buddy

b...but muh technology

Well Toyota are currently having a problem with the batterys from the prius as they were only suppose to last 8 years but some cars are at the 10+ year mark,recently they bought a small section of dumpping land in the UK to dispose of the batterys.

It's a topic that has interested me for years and I currently doing this in university

When they make one with range. I live in America where the neighboring country is more than 15 miles away

Mazda were running sequentials on the FD well before the Spirit R, though the setup improved as it went on. 15 years on we have turbos that will spool up just as fast and still provide decent power lower down as the twins.

Teslas fast charge still takes over an hour to fully charge the car so they have a hell of alot to improve to get it to under 5 mins which unfortunately the battery technology's not there to cope with that sort of super fast charging

Those cars are pure hype. All sizzle, no steak.

Racecars have been using sequential boxes since the 70s its during the 90s where development from racing went to road cars

Mazda used the gear boxes from racing
Nissan used a RB26dett from touring car but detuned it for the r32 GTR r33 GTR and r34 GTRs
Subaru and Mitsubishi used their drivetrains from rallying into roadcars

Actually it does fine on Cal 17 between Los Gatos and Santa Cruz.

But so does my Subaru Forester XT in S# mode.

I was talking about sequential turbos.

They were also used on cars well before the FD as well, I was just saying they were on every model of FD before the Spirit R.

you do know he's talking about the sequential twin turbo setup right? Not gearboxes

You fast charge at work ... for free.

Problem solved.

Sequential turbos are called biturbos here in the UK sequential terms usually used for gearboxes here

What are twin scrolls called?

twin scrolls

It's like 3am here so I got confused

bi turbo usually refers to a smaller turbo providing boost to a larger turbo to help spooling

A sequential twin turbo setup is two individual working turbo's that operate in succession

Ah it's cool.

My Subie CVT has this sport sharp mode that simulates an 8 speed with paddle shifters. Sort of fun. 18.5 lbs of boost.

So... Tesla?

And you've never been in a production car that goes 0-60 in 2.3 seconds

when electriccars are a viable affordable option

1. poorfags is one word. a fag who is poor
a poor fag is someone who is tragically a fag, totally different.

2. probably never dude, not one electric car can give you the visceral feeling of squeeling tires and blasting an engine note out the exhaust and in the engine bay, besides where is the modification culture in a tesla. every tesla seems to be a cookie cutter version of the one next to it - hell even the people driving them are all middle aged to "golden years" or newly retired.

anyways yeah your thread is shit gasoline cars will never die. and its sacrilege to do this but...

/thread