I was really excited for Leto's Joker. The guy's a pretty good actor and at times can absolutely wreck a role...

I was really excited for Leto's Joker. The guy's a pretty good actor and at times can absolutely wreck a role, so when he was cast as the Joker, I thought "aw shit here we go".

Then the first image came out. "It's just his appearance, it's all about the actor on set, not how he looks". Then the first trailer and his voice came out. I started to get a little worried. Then subsequent trailers came out and it seemed like everything I watched of this interpretation was making me less and less excited for the character.

Then I got back from Suicide Squad last night.

Jesus Christ. Just what the fuck were they thinking. I've seen a lot of mention of how his role was subject to deleted scenes, but even the scenes they left in were cringe as all fuck. If there was a single description of Leto's Joker it would be "over acting". He tries to be all hands and eye contact, and just comes off as an actor that doesn't know how to carry a scene.

Unless the inevitable extended cut of Suicide Squad somehow contains scenes that utterly redeem this version of the character, I don't want to see this over acting fuck anywhere near the rest of the DCEU. I'd HATE to see Batfleck having to build a scene around this guy in his solo Batman film, or see him pop up in any other DCEU film. If he's going to be in the universe, he needs to have a solo film himself to utterly redeem his interpretation.

What you guys think

strawpoll.me/10929191

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc
youtube.com/watch?v=vA1Q0mB9ygE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MOMS

But that also describes Heath Ledger's Joker and everyone loved it.

Ledgers Joker was all eye contact and hand waving?

yeah and that stupid tongue thing

Difference is heath is a good actor. Jared has never played a lead role before

Why do people argue about Joker acting when Mark Hamill will literally never be topped.

I thought it was a shit performance. Like some edgy club kid's version of Jack Nicholson's joker. "Look how CRAAAAAAAZY I am! Are you looking? Are you Looking?! ...please look,"

Joker in SS is far from a lead role. It's a cameo at best.

Besides didn't he do that movie about the John Lennon killer? He was good in that

God awful character design/ wardrobe
>Let's turn the clown prince of crime into a wigger wannabe gangster with bling and tats

Terrible voice choice that no one wanted to question
>I know, I'll just talk like I've got a cock in my mouth

Thing is, he's been established now.

If Batman's biggest enemy doesn't appear in future films, it'll leave a gaping hole in the DCEU mythos

He was great in Requiem of a Dream and Mr. Nobody

During the entire film I couldn't get over the fact, that he doesn't look like a psycho. Heath's Joker managed to nail that, he actually looked like a guy with mental issues. Leto's Jokers is the guy trying to pretend that he's a psychopath.

He lacked showmanship. Nicholson had flamboyant showmanship and Ledger had an eerie/dramatic showmanship, but Leto just felt like a typical gangster. Farthest thing from Joker's demand for attention and making a game out of everything.

Nah he was fine, the character itself was written really badly

Wrong. HONKA is best Jokester

mfw Sup Forums is not talking about the killing joke and the return of hamill joker

>Honka
If you're going to meme, at least do it right.

It's "hunka hunka" as in "hunk" you retard

I liked him.
"All that chit chat's gonna get ya hurt," was a cool line, imo.

I would hate to base a full opinion on this half-there character butchered through extensive editing and reshoots, however.

Imagine being Will Smith, and recieving a used condom from this punk ass bitch. You've got to be all like "Damn Jared, I'd punch the fuck out of anyone who tried to pull this disgusting shit on me, but somehow you've really made it funny hahahahahahahaha"

Wrong. It's HONKA, as in the honking of a clown's nose

And also HA-HA-HOO-HOO

the truth is that Leto looks like a good guy, he doesn't have or can't project a psysho/evil aura, that's his problem.
BUT i just saw the lamborghini video, and i can see how with a better director you can make him work as character.
TL:DR Leto can't portray a madman because he looks like a nice hipster and all the cut scenes and ayer didn't help him at all.

I agree that line gave him alot of character, in fact it wasnt that bad. The only thing i wish he had was a more joker-esque smile and (he kept a mostly angry face) and laugh (ill admit though the croak was unsettling in a good way)

He didnt have enough scenes to really shine though

It's "hunka" as in "handsome hunk" you retard. Do you even understand context?

That line isn't even in the film though. Featured in a bunch of ads and youtube spots and cut from the goddamn film

No, it was in the movie.
He says it when the MadTV guy is strapped in the chair by all those black people in the club, and is like "c'mon, I know in the hole, but I've just been having bad luck tonight," or whatever, and everyone is looking at him uneasily and then the Joker walks in and says the chit chat like before they show his face fully in that scene.

It's definitely in the movie i just saw it last night.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kN_SaHoGwYc

*licks lips*

*heh ah hah woo hee hoo*

*grrhmmmg you wanna hear a TIDBIT?*

ledger's laugh was like this
youtube.com/watch?v=vA1Q0mB9ygE

>hownew.ru
that thing is problem.

>heath is a good actor
You mean was?

These. His character was just just a third generation facsimile of Scarface. Weak and pathetic.
We all know who the fucking Joker is. It doesn't matter what's "written."
The Joker character is all about the performance, and Leto's performance sucked.