There's Toooootally no Bias Against DC, Guys!

>Marvel makes a team-up movie about a bunch of characters nobody fucking knows
>It opens to 95 million
"HOLY SHIT MARVEL CAN'T LOSE! THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN! MARVEL MARVEL MARVEL

>DC makes a team-up movie about a bunch of characters nobody fucking knows
>It opens to 135 million
"Yeah it has a pretty good opening I guess"

>one has literally whos that not even marvelcucks who read comics know about
>the other has batman , joker and harley quinn
DC won guise!

Because Guardians of the Galaxy was a better movie with a charismatic cast. Only Smith had charisma in SuSySqa.

Guardians will have better staying power. After this weekend, Suicide Squad's audience is going to drop like a rock - just like BvS did.

normal motherfuckers have no clue Batman is in this movie.

Joker's a cameo at best.

The MCs are complete nobodies. Harley isn't even that well known to the general public.

who besides the reddit meme-off man had """charisma""" in gotg?

both flicks are forgettable capeshit flicks

>normal motherfuckers have no clue Batman is in this movie.
Showed up in 2 trailers
>Joker's a cameo at best.
The marketing made it look like Joker had a significant role in the movie.

it makes more sense that marvel caters to more people since Disney supervises everything and they know the formula for mass appeal and making likable movies.

The DC movies are usually left to just the director im pretty sure, I don't think there are any executives overseeing the DC universe. Plus its not like DC is completely hated by everyone, their tv shows are doing pretty well

>who besides the reddit meme-off man had """charisma""" in gotg?
Even the fucking cgi tree had more compelling screen presence than most of the DCEU lineup. The only weaksause is the villain in GOTG.

>I don't think there are any executives overseeing the DC universe
They do now, but didn't help SS.

>Harley isn't even that well known to the general public.

Yeah not like groot or rocket raccoon.

>normies
>watching trailer

>In a word, “Suicide Squad” is trash. In two words, it’s ugly trash. Maybe no more words should be wasted on a movie that is, after all, only a movie, not a natural disaster or a terrorist attack

I wanted DC to be good, but face it, WB has no idea what they're doing with the IP. Until Snyder is removed, and a good studio buys up the property, DC is doomed.

Naw senpai going to see it with my gf tonight. Have fun shitposting while I get drunk and enjoy myself

Wew

>rumors that WB had the people that made the teaser make a separate cut based off the possitive reactions to said teaser

>I've never been outside
Everyone who knows about the Joker knows about Harley you fucking retard. That being said, this movie sucked. Doesn't have anything to do with Marvel.

Marvel can build up nobodies with good casting, DC knows how to whittle down big names with bad casting.

If normies don't even know batman is in it do you really expect them to know Joker is just a cameo?
He was everywhere in the ads.
Also Will Smith still has some draw with the audiences, meme lord got his draw with GOTG.

You think trailers are hidden away on obscure YouTube channels or something?

>Unknowns

Harley is one of DCs top characters, Famalam.

>Harley, Joker, Deadshot
>a bunch of characters nobody knows

>that review
>the movie is fine

They can't hide it. They don't even try anymore. Maybe they don't even watch the movies anymore, they just read "DC" and write "shit"

>deadshot
>people know

normies know him from arkham origins

cuck

More well known than any of the GotG crew. But whatever, that still leaves Harley and Joker, both insanely popular and well known among normies.

A better comparisson

Guardians made around $330m domestic and $440m international for $770m total

Suicide squad is looking at $138 million weekend domestic, if it follows like BvS it'll finish the week doing x1.25 the weekend and finish with a x1.6 multiplier for a total of $276m domestic, and with suicide squad unlikely to get a chinese release that gave both BvS and Guardians around $95m, the international will end with around $350m

So guardians v squad domestic
$330m v $276m
International
$440m v $350m
Total gross
$770m v $626m

All the Guardians, even Groot, had more personality/screen-presence than any member of the Suicide Squad.

Normies do know Will Smith. And his retarded son wasn't in this movie so that a plus .

No China puts a serious dent in those international numbers, la familia

Im going with the assumption that suicide squad would finish similarly to guardians on the international box office so i subtracted the $95m china provides from the $440m guardians got to get the $350m figure

Marvelcucks everyone.

Laugh at their sorry ass

>wahh why don't people like my reddit flick like they like this one
KILL YOURSELF Sup Forums

>Marvel waited 9 movies to do GoTG as a look into the bigger picture of their Cinematic Universe and foreshadow Thanos's goals for Infinity Gauntlet
>DC did Suicide Squad 2 movies into their Cinematic Universe that brings very little to the overall picture of the DC Universe

DC should have waited until after Justice League to do Suicide Squad, change it so that it's similar to how it was done in JLU where Amanda Waller makes the squad in response to the League's growth instead of "Oh hey there's bound to be more of these guys out there, lets build up an arms race before it's too late". It makes little sense that there's all these dudes like Killer Croc and Enchantress and Captain Boomerang locked up already but no Flash or Green Lantern or whatever to catch them. How did the government catch a dude who can control fire?

>groot
>voiced by the most 1D actor they could hire
>can only say three words
>personality

Oh I forgot.

*whacky baby sapling dance xD*

But the press hyped up BvS and SS for months before they came out.

>How did the government catch a dude who can control fire?

Fire Hose? Fire Extinguisher? Etc.

just saw the movie 3 times ;)
Still have 5 tickets

Those Transformers movies made a lot of money, too.

I dont see anyone white-knighting the fuck out of those on Sup Forums.

quality > box office

Normies are the MOST likely to watch trailers, are you kidding? Normies don't use adblock, they watch TV on cable with ads, they read clickbait articles and twitter posts that feature trailers... Normies are the most exposed and most susceptible to marketing.

You watch and consume capeshit, Sup Forumsedditor
You are a normalfag compared to the rest of this art board

This.

Big opening weekends dont mean much. Guardians of the Galaxy had staying power in the second week and beyond, DC movies have had a quick death, with huge drop-offs in the second week. Suicide Squad will mostly likely have a huge drop off, too.

and they call them "Marvel Drones", what about this guy here?

Delusional
Cucks

Is China banning it because it has a witch in it? Not sure why they're scared of witches that much desu.

>A fucking tree what only say three words have more personality than Harley Queen, Joker and Deadshot

Umm really make you think

GotG had crazy staying power because of word of mouth. It made 30 million in its 6th week if I remember correctly. I know so many normies who love tge shit out of GotG and didn't even catch it until it was on TV. GotG 2 is going to be a monster in the theaters. Screencap this.

$138M is a great opening weekend.

The real problem will be, will it have any staying power?

If it follows the recent trend of big-box movies like Star Trek Beyond or Jason Bourne, where they have really big opening weekends and then drop by 55-60% on the second weekend then total gross will be somewhat disappointing.

It will still exceed expectations and probably do numbers close to or even exceeding Man of Steel.

Not sure how that will measure up against WB's expectations for the film and how it will affect DCEU properties going forward though.

>Arkam Origins
>Arkham City
>"Arrow"

The difference is the MCU is huge while the DCU has 3 films so far and they're all shit with bloated budgets

>Joker's a cameo at best.
Yet he's been plastered in all the promotional material
>Harley isn't even that well known to the general public.
All the cosplayers says otherwise.

>we're so misunderstood
>what's the world ever done for us?
Literal murderers/thieves/psychopaths complaining that they're outcasts in scociety. Am i supposed to like these guys? Not a single one of them ever shows one ounce of growth, remorse, or any development apart from Mexico Mike.
>i got mad and killed my wife and kids
Garbage.

Rotten Tomatoes has been known to take money for fudging ratings in the past, but that doesn't mean DC has been making good movies.

Skwad was better than BvS, but that's not saying much.

I agree. DC should have done a slower build up like Marvel. One movie for each member of the Justice League (maybe two for Superman), in which they apprehend some members of the Suicide Squad, even if only as a side villain. Then make a Justice League movie, then make a few standalone sequel movies where you capture the rest of the Suicide Squad. Then finally have a Suicide Squad movie, based on the idea of "Remember these villains from those other movies? Well, they're back now and they're all teaming up! To see more of these villains, please go watch the other DC movies!" It would be similar to what Marvel does, but with just enough of a twist to be different, and it would actually build up interest in the characters and real hype for the movies.

Instead, DC just tried to take Marvel's formula and microwave the shit out of it by just suddenly throwing every character into a single movie, then making Suicide Squad out of nowhere, then making Justice League after. It's such a clusterfuck of nonsense and it's lazy and impatient as fuck.

For those of you that have seen it
will it make the list or is it so bad even the fedorians wont like it?

>"MUH DAUGHTER!" - Deadshot

If you took Will Smith, mean old lady nigger, and Cara Delafuckingawful out of the movie entirely it might've been somewhat better.

And what the fuck was up with the Native American dude? Should've just left him out too instead of killing him in 5 damn seconds of him showing up.

This movie was a total sham and everyone involved should feel bad.

No for violence and promoting behaivior inappropriate for society, ie the same reasons deadpool was banned. They even tried changing the name of the film to taskforce x in china.

Are you autistic? Does anybody really want 15 more comic book movies? Kill yourself.

>you
>not retarded

Floyd would have been better without Will, but Deadshot's whole thing is always about his kid.

And Waller HAS to be in Suicide Squad.

That list is cringe as fuck. There's plenty of great grmovies that fedoras don't even know about in there.

Is this list implying these movies are bad?

Maybe they don't, but at this point nobody seems to want DC's movies anyway. It just feels like someone at DC looked at Marvel's success and missed what actually made it so successful. Like they thought just throwing superheroes together was why Marvel made it big, when it was actually the slow burn of how they introduced the heroes and THEN put them together. Marvel put time into that shit and played the long game. DC is just impatient and trying to rush everything and it's failing.

"Cool"
Can you answer the question?

One has
>The Joker
>Harley Quinn
>Will Smith as Deadshot
>Ben Affleck BATMAN cameo

The other had
>that guy from parks and rec
>American sniper voiced racoon
>vin diesel voiced tree
>bald ex Dr who companion

Are you really suprised one did better out of the gate
True test is the long run and dare I say sequel ....oh I'm sorry DC

One of them was in space

>Those Transformers movies made a lot of money, too.
Because of China. Domestic wise, each one makes less than the last.

>tumblr

Why did that one scene of the Hispanic Human Torch burning people in the prison yard look so bad? And why did they show it twice?

Also that flashback to earlier in the movie when Flag explains what happened to Enchantress to Will Smith before they go to fight her was a complete insult to the viewers' intelligence

A Space movie with C list hero's
Is a gamble

A shootem up stop the giant cloud in the center of the city movie, with C list villains + Harley is a gamble....until you sprinkle in Joker and BATMAN in the trailers

>webm made on Sup Forums
>uploaded to tumblr
>posted by someone that browses tumblr
But its all a boogeyman right?? Sup Forums is shit because of it own posters haha!

Reminder that DC-kucks pre order their opening weekend, while marvel normies are more patient to see their flicks

Marvel is now on its C list heroes and DC hasn't even gotten to its B list. WB is pumping and dumping. Once tge capeshit craze dies Marvel will still be standing while WB takes the money and runs. Its like Pixar vs Dreamworks.

One of them was way overrrated by reddit reviewers and the other is unfairly panned by the same reviewers. If they make about the same BO it would be embarrasing for the Disney propaganda machine

I didn't realise the make up job for GotG is quite good.

It won't, it'll do around $150m worse than guardians

>Will Smith, Batffleck and the Joker vs DUDE GROOT LMAO, Tumblr actress, and literal who actors

Wew lad.

This honestly.

Hell, Batman v Superman had a fucking amazing opening weekend, then afterwards there was a very real chance it wouldn't have even made back it's budget after word of mouth got around and killed it.

>cosplayers
>general public

o i am laffin

>Will smith, Batman, and the Joker
>Outdone by a tree and a raccoon with guns

DC doesn't have the balls to make a solo
>Martian Man Hunter
>Booster Gold
>Beast Boy
>Blue Beetle

All great IPs that Marvel would make hits with

DC's advertising has been mostly spot on.
Their opening weekends are fucking huge - if they made movies that appealed to normies more they'd be making Marvel money for sure (and probably doing even better). If BvS had been a 90% RT kind of movie, it would've cracked a billy easy.

>a very real chance it wouldn't have even made back it's budget

You mousebois are the best, always a laugh

Seriously laughing at DCucks is the most funny thing on this board.

BvS had a killer opening too. And look how that turned out. Lots of shit movies open well, hell some shit movies like Transformers actually do quite well over all in the box office.

Doesn't mean that they're not shit movies. Marvel does well and (for the most part) releases fun movies. DC might do well, but releases shit movies.

>tfw you're alive to see Marvelcucks being the ones doing damage control

lol

Why is his laugh so contagious?

I also read an article with the headline "Thank God Jared Leto has stopped doing his press tours for Suicide Squad" as the article went on to state how shitty BvS was...

I am not even fucking joking... THIS was a real article that someone actually wrote.

>And people think there is no biasism against DC
YOU DAMN KNOW THERE IS

What damage control?

Marvel is literally kicking the shit out of DC. There is zero need for damage control.

Tell me again who is it that is saying "Critics are being paid off"?

Harley is DC's Deadpool these days. She's the most normie-friendly DC character outside of Batman.

>yfw unironically this dcucks thinks that

>implying we didn't have these same exact threads opening week of BvS
And guess how the week afterwards went
And guess how the opening week of the marvel movie afterwards went
And guess how the final comparisson will look
And guess who'll be on the suicide squad then

Its one of the worst of the year for sure

in no order of the worst flicks i've seen this year:
the fifth wave
warcraft
cell (the one based on kings book)
urge
zoolander 2
blue mountain state the rise of thadland
the brothers grimsby
captain 3
batman v superman dawn of justice
pride prejudice and zombies
x men apocalypse
suicide squad
midnight special. this ones more being disappointed as fuck though

so why was Harley on the team at all?
I probably missed it if they actually explained, but she's just a painfully annoying liability with no actual 'superhuman' skills.
Like, every other person in the squad is there for a reason but why the fuck did they bring this stupid cunt?

>And guess who'll be on the suicide squad then
kek'd

There's bias because people like me are fucking pissed WB is sticking with their original plans instead of shitcanning Synder and restarting the universe with someone who isn't fucking terrible. I don't want to see DC movies because the universe they're set in is utterly fucking horrible. It's beyond repair now.

They took an idea that just should not fail (Batman Vs. Superman), and somehow managed to royally fuck it up.

Harley Quinn is even more popular than Superman these days...