youtube.com/watch?v=1u8gbk66X7U
youtube.com/watch?v=0LY1l6-EapQ
youtube.com/watch?v=P8lOpbz2BmM
youtube.com/watch?v=O5XC3QeZjWE&list=PLZcMiwleeOwLyAhHUod072wbZHtmVMqz9
youtube.com/watch?v=LvwBDCb7bmM
youtube.com/watch?v=HyHNuVaZJ-k
youtube.com/watch?v=f7wkRET0hbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This may be the most criminally underrated album of all time. Do you like cyberpunk, Blade Runner-inspired hard electronic? This is the album for you. One of my all-time faves.

RHCP, seriously dude?

It's a good band, fuck off.

Not the point its not remotely underrated faggot

Their 4th best

Not many people know about them
It's all covered up by niggers that do cRAP and POPsickles.

Graduation

Good call.

>not a good bad
>massively overrated

YOU fuck off, twat.

Fucking hell, retard.

>not many people know about them
Are you 13?

What's wrong?

you're a retard.

everyone knows this

and this

only good album so far thats actually underrated.

>and this
It's always ranked as one of their worst albums, the other being Pablo Honey

Something from my country
Astor Piazzolla - The Rough Dancer And The Cyclical Night (Tango Apasionado)
open.spotify.com/album/3Shb6pA04PnmQyJj5bk05k

the album is, retard.

Earth is the shiiiiiiiiit. Only metal I really like.

no one else quite like them.

oh look another thread where retards argue over which album is more mainstream and hip.
back to Sup Forums you hipster faggots.
this board doesn't want you.

That's a great album, might be their best.

>The Mars Volta: Frances The Mute
>Fever The Ghost: Zirconium Mecconium

>Starts underrated album thread
>Posts rhcp
>Still believes he has any credibility

Sorry that we don't like traps faggot

Holy shit Mars Volta, haven't listened to them since 08, are they releasing new stuff?

I really dislike Mars Volta :/

no. they stopped in 2015 but the band is not broken up, they just ran out of juice.
Omar is on his way working with several other bands, dont know about his bro or the rest of the band.

that's okay, lurk here long enough and you will eventually.
faggot.

Hey, what's wrong with appreciating art?

Agreed FTM is rarely talked about with TMV, one of my favorite albums ever.

some of their albums are good. I feel that quality went up after Deloused in the comatorium, then went downhill after Frances the mute. and hit rock bottom by nocturniquet.

One that got me into the hypnogogic-rock style of Fever the ghost by the Omar rodriguez group:
>Blind worms, Pious Swine.

>Femme Fatale: From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks
Changed the way I thought about hardcore music.

here is what i consider to be the magnum opus of TMV: youtube.com/watch?v=0pd5ATJe0aE

anything by john really

and here is my favourite by FTG:
youtube.com/watch?v=ic7StOMRBOU

Underrated? 101.1 Chicago plays this every damn hour

Excellent choice, has everything I love about Omar's guitar playing; fast, kinda spazzy, kinda messy but passionate as fuck

same man.
It hits all the right notes and highlight everything that makes TMV good. Though spaztic, it has great effort and love put into it (and it shows).

He's honestly so underrated, in fact every musician that's ever been in TMV is. Have you listened to At the drive in?

Do you guys do a lot of acid? Never been able to understand or get into TMV.

I've had a few acid trips sure but I was already into TMV. But don't sweat it if you can't get into them, five years ago I listened to dubstep and any normie shit that was good at the time, started playing an instrument a year later and eventually all of the music I found weird or shit became impossibly good. I'd recommend listening to their shorter songs to get into them.

i hear about it but it is not my cup of tea.

i dont do acid but i have trippy dreams.
most people dont get into the mars volta, sometimes i myself wander why i like their music. It's just something to like sometimes.

Tell me piece-by-piece what you like or dislike about this song user:
youtube.com/watch?v=JOadp1H4j68
the reason that i like the mars volta is their brilliant storry-telling, the atmosphere they create by their music, etc. I also REALLY like their guitar riffs.

Every time I hear Mars Volta I actually pull a face.
I actually cringe.

Fucking terrible. They make me understand that old cliche, "It's just fucking noise."

I'd say it's more likely you just have a shite musical ear and can't distinguish instruments. Not a dig just an obvious observation.

Government plates by death grips, the money store pails in comparison to this and exmilitary.

Yes an extremely predictable observation.
Of course I can "distinguish instruments"... I just don't like the way they're being used. Don't get defensive just because I don't like your fucking taste in music, faggot. And certainly don't presume things about me. It's embarrassing.

You're the one throwing insults and defending everything you said, and no you obviously can't distinguish them if you are just hearing noise.

it is noise.
and it sounds good to me.
so that's all i need to enjoy it.

i will admit that sometimes i cringe at the choices they make, or the lyrics they use. Sometimes, though, they sound damn good.

If mars volta is not your style how aout Fever the Ghost?
youtube.com/watch?v=ic7StOMRBOU

Do be quiet you silly child.

It's not an insult to call them terrible. I find them terrible. Deal with it.

They're unoriginal, bland and musically boring. End of discussion.

discord.gg/cMD2Vch
Sup Forums is overrated discord underrated

>Fever the Ghost

Yes now you're talking. There's more musicality in that one song than all of Mars Volta's tracks put together.

I never claimed you were insulting anything. What is there to deal with, I replied to your opinion already. And again you clearly know nothing musically as all three of those statements are untrue. Have a good day.

Anything apart from myself*.

You are aware that taste in music is completely fucking subjective, right, retard?

My statements are just as valid as yours, my opinion that your favourite fucking band is a steaming pile of shit is just as correct as your love for them.

Grow up and find a way to deal with it, or forever be stuck in the mindset of a teenage idiot who thinks he knows best.

>"You're the one throwing insults"
>"I never claimed you were insulting"

Pick one.

>TMS
>Bottomless Pit
>Govt Plates
>Fashion Week
>The Powers That B
>Exmilitary
>Interview 2016

In that order.

Amazing album. Before the beginning is a masterpiece

>unoriginal
give me 1 example of a band that sounds just like em.

>bland
yes their songs usually go on for 10 minutes each and take time to get to a chorus, it does not require a hook every 3 seconds like most garbage pop songs do, but instead opts to progress through the song whilst building ambience along the journey.

>boring
yes as said before. if you are used to pop music then it will sound like utter trash. if you are used to Trachovsky or Mozart then it will come to be enjoyed.

please stop. Fanaticism is no way to have a civil discussion.
Let the man speak trash, if you enjoy music someone else finds shit, then thats all fine and dandy. Consider what they have to say, and understand that music need not be defended.

I already explained my reason: is rounds good to me, so i enjoy it.

What's yours?

Yes I am well aware of subjectivity. I never claimed that you're opinion was any less valid than mine. Not actually my favorite band. Again deal with what exactly? I'm not the one trying to condescend with age.

Look at my other post, you were throwing insults at me, I never said you insulted the band.

>NLDW
>Exmilitary
>Government plates
>Powers that B
>Death grips ep
>TMS / Bottomless pit
All of their instrumental stuff is great. I just prefer their more abrasive stuff.

Pretty much the entire genre is underrated. This album is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Cc-0beyRXE&t

here is something from the omar rodriguez group:
youtube.com/watch?v=dErKV_vrnMg

Shhhh now.

I'm not being fanatical just replying to what he's saying.

kk.
now what is your reason for enjoying TMV?

It's okay, if I was as bad at conversation as you were I would of done the "shhh" thing too. Take it easy.

Oh shit I forgot NLDW on there. slip that in a t#3. I like a balance of the two. Its not that I don't enjoy the noisey shit. I really like Fashion Week a lot so placing it at #5 really doesn't capture how much I like it. TMs is just great, so many bangers on there.

WIFE whats between
youtube.com/watch?v=WYbh1Vf1WvQ

groundislava endless voyage
youtube.com/watch?v=YhCNsUdZ1RA&list=PLLCDyCy72_JSy-crEXQtLf9F4vkqNjh20

Nosaj thing Fated
youtube.com/watch?v=1u8gbk66X7U

This thread is stupid.
Pretty much every non mainstream music album is not widely known because it only appeals to a certain kind of group.

They make interesting, creative and passionate music which sounds good and they display talented musicianship.

Of course man, all of there shit is good I kind of hate rating them. Different days call for different albums of theirs, death classic to me is the most quintessential DG song. It just goes ya know?

That doesn't even make sense. Leave the room, child, the adults are talking.

My dad showd me this album and I think it's really good. But I doubt anyone's ever heard it though :(

dropout nigger detected
go back to school nigger

>Who sounds just like them?
Almost every single song on the annoying modern rock radio stations my girlfriend listens to.

>Bland?
I don't mind long, drawn out songs. That's not what I mean. It ties in with the previous point, really, I find them very uninspiring. Their music simply doesn't provide me with that "oh yeah" feeling that we listen to music for. It doesn't make me nod my head or tap my feet, in fact it actively grates on my nerves and irritates me.

>boring
I hate pop music and have always enjoyed classical music. Ralph Vaughan Williams has created some of my favourite music of all time and if this was an "underrated composer" thread he'd be my pick.
I find it boring for the same reasons as stated above. I don't find a single moment to give me chills, or make me feel any emotion other than annoyance that there's this irritating noise taking place.

Each to their own, friend. That's just my opinion on them.

Not true, the underground music scene is huge and even then there are tons of albums that are overlooked or deserving of more attention. Basically this is a personal opinion thread.

Try harder 1/10

>Almost every single song on the annoying modern rock radio stations my girlfriend listens to.
Such as?

so gangster, so pristine

I agree.
No to some it will sound like music, to others like white noise.
It' understandible if we take outselves out of the stance of loving TMV and look at their music, there is a lot of drums, guitars, etc all going at once in rappid succesion with much overlap. To most people this will sound like a band having a seizure. and knowing the dancing skills of Omar, it would not be too far from the truth :^).
(video VERY related, especially at minute 2))
youtube.com/watch?v=0LY1l6-EapQ

Good pick I'd throw in the Broken EP as well. Last gives me a boner.

>personal opinon thread
I can agree with that

You should check out Blanck Mass and Varg's new album if you enjoy DG like I do.

youtube.com/watch?v=P8lOpbz2BmM

youtube.com/watch?v=O5XC3QeZjWE&list=PLZcMiwleeOwLyAhHUod072wbZHtmVMqz9

Tell me what you think.

I guess this is underrated

True it's very busy and explosive music. I really don't care that much about the dudes music taste or stance on TMV doesn't make them worse haha but it's funny to annoy people who get so mad about music

Pentagram ‎– Akustik

Fuck yeah I can get on board with this, glad this style of music is growing and expanding.

Anything by Igorrr or Venetian snares. Truly innovative to Drum and bass.

>I don't mind long, drawn out songs. That's not what I mean. It ties in with the previous point, really, I find them very uninspiring. Their music simply doesn't provide me with that "oh yeah" feeling that we listen to music for. It doesn't make me nod my head or tap my feet, in fact it actively grates on my nerves and irritates me.
seems to be like it is correlated to your gf's music preference.

perhaps you have become sick of listening to the same shit all the time with your gf and thus hate this for being so simillar?
I don listen to only one style though. tell me what you think of these guys:
youtube.com/watch?v=dErKV_vrnMg
youtube.com/watch?v=LvwBDCb7bmM
youtube.com/watch?v=HyHNuVaZJ-k
youtube.com/watch?v=f7wkRET0hbo

i listen to a broad range of rock. Sometimes one style tires me so i move onto the next for a while.

Pic related

You're asking me to name shit I have no interest in and barely even registers in my mind. It's like asking someone who doesn't care about authors of the 18th century to name authors of the 18th century and say why they're alike.

I could rattle off the names of some of the bands I'm talking about, because I recognise they are on this sort of radio station, but I wouldn't know which songs belong to which bands because it doesn't register. It's all just boring, blandness.

I'm hesitant to do so because I don't know or care enough about them to pick ones that you would concede are similar.

All I know is that it sounds, to me, like a million other things. Because those things also give me absolutely no satisfaction musically.

Sorry if that seems like I'm avoiding it or whatever, but I'm trying to be honest instead of just going and finding some fucking band that proves me right. That would be impossible, anyway.

Also this

And this