Royals

Third for Pete for the Hall

wood berry

6th for actual 2017 world champs

cant wait for the rivalry desu, >rags will be irrelevant soon

>tyson ross let go

what the hell

...what team though?

I'm assuming you mean the Astros/M's rivalry?
It's gonna be fantastic.
I feel more respect for than hatred of the mariners as compared to the >rags, or anglels, or going back even further, the cards.
The HOU/SEA season series this year will be sportkino.

This one if we're being realistic

yea both teams looking up than down

wish we dont give up so many damn longballs at your place though, you had our number all of last year, hopefully we've figured you out like later in the season by now @_@

hope nori does well for ya, been his fan forever

Nori won't do much for us other than coming off the bench, but yeah, I think it'll be closer this year. I just want both of our teams to absolutely destroy the rags to the point of embarrassment all season long.

Braves are back!

thanks buddy
I like the Astros. except for FUCKING ALTUVE!

i thought he'd hit leadoff and start in left, looked at your depth chart so i'd assume that's how it'd be, is marisnick the starter?

>rags pitching is paper other than yu. hamels is slowly becoming washed up. every game i saw him he's been awful for some reason, the rest of the rotation is crap and their bullpen is the best meme in baseball rn

Apparently Eric Campbell moved to Japan

wtf altuve is awesome, how can you not like the manlet

if theres anyone i dont like on the stros is probably mccann. but you got rid of gomez so good shit

how much better would Felix's career era be if Atuve and Trout played in the NL?

watch him hit 30+ homers this year

forgot pic

Altuve/Trout are fairly recent compared to Felix but I don't think it'd be much of a difference.

I love Jose

Marisnick is crap, the Astros will end up whiffing on EE and get Beltran to play left with Aoki coming in as defensive replacement in the 7th inning every night

I actually like Altuve
Its just that everytime he plays the Ms i usually scream FUCKING ALTUVE atleast once

Also if """we""" end up with Encarnacion then Gurriel will most likely start in left and honestly I feel more comfortable with that

Don't play Nori in left or center, he's meant for right.

That's how we messed him up desu. And why not put Yuli in left?

I love bein' in the hall!

Did what mean this by he?

OK MLB, its almost winter meetings.
What trade or signing are you asking Baseball Santa for?
I want the Mariners to get a decent #3 pitcher. Or sign Hill

Giants

Melancon, Jansen, or Chapman. That's it

Who is it user?

Who's the player that's not coming back that is/will make you feel feels?

Yankees

A good reliever, starter, and bat.

AND PLEASE NO FUCKING EE

Robinson Cano

I'd take him over baby faced Starlin "swing at everything" Castro

Cutch

Signing Hill to a 3 year deal reminds me of Washburn or Silva with that type of money we'd throw.

Don't get greedy. Let JeDi find the right fit.

Tanaka for Cano?

Really hoping he goes to new york. Our retarded fanbase thinks signing a declining dh to a 5 year 100 mil plus contract is smart.

I want good prospects for a good rebuild
Q

;_;7

Giving you Tanaka would leave us with either the autist Pineda or Grandpa Sabathia as our ace; so definitely no.

However, we're more than willing to give you a proven closer for Cano and a top prospect or two.

No thank you then.

Cano has been the leader of this team along with Cruz. I wonder how he felt being in the shadows of Jeter and A-Rod while in New York.

We've suffered through the struggling veteran way too much recently. So I don't think Cashman will be dumb enough to sign him. Especially since we still have fucking Ellsbury.

The fact that the Yankees are serious contenders to get him still is a little disconcerting though.

also Q

A closer who has proven you can keep a job without being able to locate any pitches?

A closer that's proven he can make any game a save situation despite the score

You're going after Chapman this offseason though. That indicates Betances probably is better used as a setup man.

O's

Still want to give Trumbo another shot, and we still need a defensive corner outfielder, maybe a stab at a catcher that can get at least one RBI. NO STARTING PITCHING, THAT NEVER WORKS

That MLB is moronic for not lifting the ban on Rose because of just how damn good at marketing he is.

Not to mention is commentary is gold where he'll just ask the most basic of follow ups and those manage to throw people off because they don't expect it.

>Why?

Watch us sign Trumbo and he returns to his shit ways striking out every at bat

Ugh, at least you'll repeat the same with Chris Carter or Dae-Ho Lee next year.

Despite my constant memeing about Betances, I actually think his career would progress better if he stayed a closer. When he's a setup man, Girardi overuses the fuck out of him which kills him at the end of the season. Keeping him at closer would significantly decrease his usage, and hopefully safe us from another disastrous September.

>Even the king is forced to bow down to the greatness of the Cubs
>Clark the happy rapist situated right behind him

That's not Porzingas

I still think Cashman's going to overpay the living fuck out of Chapman but I did notice Betances being erratic as fuck at times.

Also think you'll get Beltran back for some reason, idk why

Why does Joe put him in 70+ games a year and so many times where he gets used 3+ times per week

I think >we are a lot more likely to get Beltran back than Chapman, which I'm fine with. 5 years for a closer that almost exclusively throws a fastball is too long, and that doesn't even include the fact that he wants at least $20 million per year.

Beltran is reportedly fine with a 1 year deal, he's still got some pop in his bat, he's a veteran that will be a good leader with all the young guys coming up now, and he's a former Yankee. If I had to put money on it, Beltran is either going to the Yankees or Red Sox.

Sometimes a crap player moves to Japan and he's still crap there, too.

Fowler

Because bro he's a reliever you can totally use and abuse him it's not like he's throwing 200 innings.

John Smoltz has talked about how his time as a closer made him pity the poor bastards in middle relief because people don't understand how hard their jobs are so they get treated like shit and it's only gotten worse since he's retired.

>pooholes

because any time Girardi senses that the game is in trouble of going south, he brings him in. It's amazing how his stats look like during the beginning of the season to August then when September hits, it's all downhill. He's like how Torre overused Scott Proctor over a decade ago

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman 3h3 hours ago Manhattan, NY
hear pirates want top OF prospect robles plus a top young SP (giolito, lopez, ross presumably would fit) in Cutch package

For 30 year old Cutch after the garbage season he just had? Really?

Folwer is good, but he is hardly a core player who is beloved so he will not be missed, especially since we got Abroo boo in the wings.

The biggest loss is Ross, not only because he was the old sage of the clubhouse, but because someone else is going to have to suit up for Lester.

Shit's would hit the fan if we lose Schwarber, Baez, Rizzo or Byrant though.

>abroo boo
Who?

Yeah I thought that was crazy too

>be stadium staff
>just now realize I've been unemployed for a month

It's crazy how bad McCutchen played last year. How do you go from perennial top 5 mvp candidate to a negative WAR player in one year?

Thumb injury

One thing I miss the most about the season are the gamethreads. Outside of Red Sox and Blue Jays games, they were chill as fuck. We had some dank memes this season too.

Someone would have to be this desperate to pull it off

Someone would have to fucking retarded because you shop that package around the league and you'll draw in suitors with players a lot better than McCutchen is now.

In fact that is probably what happened, which is why this trade didn't happen yesterday when everyone thought it would.

its going to be a sad day when mike francessa retires

my cousins in new york love him

have you seen that pic of some yankees at Betances wedding? Pineda looks as amazing as ever

Pineda's style is absolutely fascinating to me

Red Sox

To get Sale with a package centered around Bustcada that dosen't involve Ben Nintendo

thats the foundation for a Sale package desu

Gregor Blanco

If im the whos I dont listen to a thing my colorful brothers say unless Nintendo is there

I was thinking more Angel Pagan personally

o7

>You will never salute him again

desu I say let CWS clear out the whole farm except for Groome if they want, even give em Bradley, just don't let them get their hands on Nintendo

why do the dodgers have all the best prospects? Their top 20 is crazy good.

Astros

EE, Beltran, Napoli, Melancon, and Rich Hill please

>all these DHs

How will they all fit?

Beltran in left, Napoli at 1st, EE in right, Gattis at DH, McCann behind the dish
It's a very
>if we can't prevent runs, we might as well score them
type of philosophy

We're going to get fleeced and end up with Sandoval somehow
Watch kenny work his magic

We somehow managed. Alvarez was the biggest roadblock.

Say goodbye to your outfield defense then. You'd have to make sure Springer plays like Vlad every day if so

That sounds like a White Sox move.

Yes, yes you did.

Expos/Early Angels Vlad that is

Sacrificing defense to rely on a lineup of predominately old man is an absolutely awful philosophy. Especially when there was only one pitcher on your entire staff this season with a WAR above 2.

Springer will be a top tier defensive CF and left field at minute maid is almost nonexistent. You basically just have to be able to play it off the wall a lot. Like I said, the idea is to score runs, not prevent them.

Don't see how that would win you a playoff series though. It might work against teams with crappy pitching but then you'll get overpowered when it counts. Luhnow probably wants this team contending for years and years and rely on youth instead of age. It wouldn't hurt adding one or maybe two of the pieces, but 3 wouldn't work in the long term. Your window for contention should be long with the blueprint Luhnow gave you. Don't waste it all on one year.

feels good to know my team is making it to an NLCS EVERY YEAR....

FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS LOL.

How many teams can say this?

Fuck it feels so good to have four franchise players all on the same team playing at the same time.

They're the richest sports team in the world.

I know, I was just kidding. Honestly Beltran is almost a better fit than EE, but either of them could be the "final piece" that solidifies a team based on young and rising players. The talent is there, and now they know what not to do, so I'm very optimistic about 2017 and beyond

Oh shit, we have a double header of meme baseball tonight, starting in 20 minutes
Melbourne @ Brisbane again:

youtube.com/watch?v=IjKceao7Y44

youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-pLos-BYM

they can't buy draft picks theyve just been a historically great at pitching development . It's funny to laugh at LA but LA has produced a hall of fame pitcher every decade and as a franchise have won the last 7 MLB ERA titles

Royals

>LA has produced a hall of fame pitcher every decade
[citation needed]