Which TV show?

Which TV show?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/72448037/#72448037
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stranger Things.

Stranger Things, duh.

Gotham. Since its another Batman villain-centric production.

>caring about redditlettermedia

Mr. Robot

Oh fuck this, I'm so fucking sick of movies and TV shows that are obsessed with "le 80s" and I'm also sick and tired of Mike and Jay being obsessed with the fucking 80s.

It was a shitty decade for movies and television and almost everything. Turbo Kid, Kung Fury, Stranger Things, all this shit is fucking horrific.

When they did their review of Oz The Great And Powerful they didn't even reference the original Wizard Of Oz once, they compared it to fucking "Return To Oz-" Mike and Jay don't know anything about movies made before 1980. Jay was like "remember back in the good old days when children's movies could be scary?" He didn't even think to compare either film of Wizard Of Oz.

They can be such embryos, such illiterates. Spielberg, Lucas, De Palma, and John Carpenter were inspired by movies from the 40s and 50s. Modern filmmakers don't think anything existed before Star Wars. That's what sucked about The Force Awakens.

>Stranger Things

why is everyone talking about this shit? is it actually good?

I tried to watch Space Cop last night. I turned it off about 15 minutes in. Just horrible.

this

Yep.

They talked about 'Stranger Things' on Pre-Rec's Wednesday livestream, so yeah, it's probably that.

Thankfully Rian Johnson isn't a retard or pleb like JJ Abrams and said his episode 8 will be inspired by something other than fucking Star Wars. He is basing it on Twelve O'Clock High (1949), The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957), Three Outlaw Samurai (1964), Letter Never Sent (1960), Gunga Din (1939), Sahara (1943).

That's what Lucas did when he wrote and directed the first Star Wars. He wrote it over years and pored over thousands of movies and stories. Scorsese said he would screen Adventures Of Robin Hood, Jet Plane, and Air Force, Captain Blood, for the other brats and also read about comparative religion and mythology in order to find universal tropes.

The people who made Stranger Things are fucking hacks and morons who don't know about anything before the 80s or movies at all.

Pls be a 90 min HITB

No, it isn't. It's just a throwback experiment to movies from the 80s.

It's fucking Super 8 for adults.

It's artistic cancer.

I'm marathoning episode 4 right now and I think it's pretty boring tbqh.

How are they reddit? I was hoping they were some of the good guys.

Download a few episodes and see for yourself.

>turned it off about 15 minutes in
So you didn't watch it.

I can't wait until people start getting nostalgic over the nostalgia shit and everything starts to implode.

Stranger Things. It's most of what RLM has been mentioning on Twitter lately.

I don't see a single thing on RLMs Twitter about it.

That's what Star Wars nostalgia is. Star Wars is an exercise in nostalgia for everything related to action and adventure from the 1930s to the 1950s- from war films to space serials to pirate films to fantasy films to swashbucklers to samurai films to westerns. George Lucas watched hundreds of movies while writing it. Scorsese talks about this interviews, how obscure George would go.

The Force Awakens is just a copy of Star Wars.

It's like a photocopy of a photocopy- with each generation the specific details get fuzzier and blurrier and of lower quality. Good art is equal parts influence and originality.

>download
>netflix

What?

I said I TRIED to watch it. I have better things to do with my time than wading through shit.

Like posting on Sup Forums about a movie you didn't watch?

you mean reddit letter memeia

>Third Reich Mike meme is dead
>CLASSIC GILCHRIST was 3 and a half years ago

>We'll be reviewing Stranger Memes
>We want the reddit audience
What did they mean by this?

People bitch about Stranger Things being all nostalgia driven, but don't even know the difference between influence and nostalgia. It's actually hilarious.
There's nothing nostalgic about stranger things except maybe a scene with an Atari in it. Other than that the setting feels natural and not some forced gimmick.

Just wondering, where did AIDS Moby and Beardfat crawl out of? I know Rich and Mike know each other since forever and Jay from a forum or something, but the othe two? Seriously, what are they doing in RLM?

>Spielberg, Lucas, De Palma, and John Carpenter were inspired by movies from the 40s and 50s.

so stuff from about 30-40 years before they started hitting it big in the 80s?

the movies they grew up with.

so why shouldn't filmmakers now, 30-40 years on, be mostly inspired by what they themselves grew up with in the 80s?

there were probably people complaining the same shit in the 80s, why are these guys not taking inspiration from movies in the 30s before they were born, fucking hacks!

Definitely.

Jack is Rich's former lover

no

>is it actually good?
Better than 90% of the crap on tv tb h.

and your'e still here.

> I didn't watch it

It's not even for adults.

ITT:unknown neckbeards live vicariously through somewhat known neckbeards

It's almost certainly going to be this

It even has it's own synthewave soundtrack, that is inherently not 80's.

Should tell you everything.

They talk about Star Trek all the fucking time.

Jay has said before he hates pointless nostalgia, but likes it when it is used well (Turbokid).

Scientist man was the best video they've done in awhile.

So did It Follows.

It's OK. I really don't think it's going to do much for someone under 40 like myself though.

Jay has been twittering about it.

>Kung Fury
I'm still angry

I think Kung Fury even managed to destroy a few genres of music

>what are torrents

>all this false authority

take the stick out of your ass and stop talking about shit you don't even understand faggot

Post yfw it's an hour (or more) video

I've got high hopes for episode 8. Johnson even shares my taste in Chinese cartoons!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/72448037/#72448037

I FUCKING CALLED IT

FUCK YES

equivalent of betting your money on a kentucky derby stud winning a local no-name race

I'm not impressed

>le ironic le

Congratulations.

Now kill yourself because nobody cares.

That's possible, but it would be better to look at film as a growing medium, not just as what you liked 30 years ago. What people should be doing is making full use of a hundred years of movies as inspiration, especially as ideas become more widespread and homogenized.

Aidsmoby is one of jessie's old friends. Not sure about beardfat

From the stranger things trailer it just looked like super 8 with worse acting, is that accurate?

Switch around stranger things and super 8

>I'm not impressed
Who the fuck are you?

why does it matter

It's closer to what a Spielberg movie would be if King wrote it.

It's what super 8 should have been

this
There was some OK horror in there and I don't think Spielberg could have written that without getting all saccharine and annoying

Beardfat manages a movie theater and I think is in a band or something. So either he's friends with RLM because he lets them watch movies for free and/or he met them through the music scene because of the band Jesse's in.

>AIDsmoby and Beardfat have been spitroasting Jessi for years

poor mike

It matters to him, god damn it!

>>AIDsmoby and Beardfat have been friendzoned by Jessi for years
ftfy

I meant the members of RLM

>It was a shitty decade for movies and television and almost everything

Top tier bait.

alright Mr. Stoklasa

Is Plinkett TFA even happening? Why did they bother making a teaser for it when it was going to take over 3 months anyway?

How would Sup Forums react if they say they didn't like Stranger Things?

80% of the people who like it would immediately flip, the other 20% would vehemently defend it and call them redditlettermedia, and everyone who didn't like it will say "I told you so"

>redditlettermedia
But reddit likes this series

I don't really think that matters to most people, plenty of anons call anything they don't like reddit. Ironic considering the amount of redditors on this board.

The thing about ST was that it caught everyone by surprise, so I'd advise to watch it without many expectations and form your own ppinion.

Personally, it's actually great. It's a heavily cliched/tropey story that's told really well and manages to grab that specific emotional response from the audience. It's more about the execution than concept

>gilky's only significance in life was making up stories about someone else

That's still a pretty pleb list. Not to mention he haven't made any good movies anyway.

>AIDSMoby
>"The Wizard"
>spitroasting anything other than a thai ladyboy they bought for way too much while on a sex holiday
>probably not even that

Go drink some crystal skull vodka, everything will be alright

AIDSmoby has been married for years. He has two kids.

Yep. Jay has a hard-on for it because it's set in the 80s and has synth music.

They watch TV shows

He named his kid Myson just so people couldn't make my wife's son jokes.

Nah, it's shit.

Does this mean hitb is coming out today?

If it's Stranger Things, I will unironically donate $20 dollars to their patreon or whatever the fuck they have.

If they just started editing today, then no.

>80s theme show
>flavor of the month

why would it not be Stranger Things

I don't get what people were expecting when they saw the trailer, it looked super dumb from the get go and wasn't going to be anything more than a quirky YT video.

World Peace.

>so why shouldn't filmmakers now, 30-40 years on, be mostly inspired by what they themselves grew up with in the 80s?

Because it's too narrow.

Scorsese is an ideal filmmaker- he literally goes back to Edwin S Porter. He both innovates and is influenced by all of film history- not just a narrow bit. They're a difference between being an artist and being a fanboy.

>there were probably people complaining the same shit in the 80s, why are these guys not taking inspiration from movies in the 30s before they were born, fucking hacks!

That would be a valid complaint. Look at how talky movies in the 80s were- film is a VISUAL medium- so being influenced by the silents is good.

Your example of Scorsese teaching people about classic movies are just the popcorn films of their day. Adventures of Robin Hood is amazing but not remotely related to the movies Scorsese made and he's certainly no intellectual for enjoying it

>pirate films to fantasy films to swashbucklers to samurai films
you said the same thing 4 times. You could have just said "he based it on older action-adventure film" but that doesn't sound nearly as good does it?

My teeth hurt.

How is that bait? Hollywood became so formulaic compared to the 70s. The 90s were also better.

Do you think they edit together?

>silents
>1930s

>1930s
>not obscenely talky