>no big wide roads to ride bikes in
>no close woods to play in

A-atleast you are born in britain :(

England in one picture

I grew up in a suburb like OP describes. It was very nice

I grew up on an estate like and it was shit

Check your privilege.

>tfw grow up in commieblock

did you americans who grew up in a suburb have a girl next door crush/slut?

Way too boring. Nothing to do but watch TV or play video games all day. You need a car to literally go and do anything

would rather grow up on a farm in the woods somewhere in the US

Sorry to hear that anons.

I had a crush on the girl from church.

I like either urban or totally rural. Suburbs are soul crushing.

No, but my best friend lived right in front of me and I remember going to his house and ringing the doorbell every day to get him to come outside and play

tfw youll never invade the school pool with our friends
tfw youll never kiss a girl there
tfw youll never play beer pong in some house party
not fair brehs

>one chance at childhood
>stuck in the soulless alienation of the american suburbs
>completely dependent on a car which isn't readily available since my family has ONLY 3 CARS
>completely sheltered and disconnected from the rest of society

the grass is always greener, no pun intended

Yes. I fingered the older sister and sucked the younger brothers penis while he sucked mine. Good times.

Yes and when you do go out somewhere it's a shitty soulless strip mall with Walmart and chain stores.

Ah yes British suburbs, build one house, sell it as two.

At least there are no niggers or homeless to step over in the suburbs.

What's better? Living a crowded minority infested city? I liked being able to be out all day with my friends without having my parents have to hold our hand.

Wouldn't be able to do that in a city.

>No, but my best friend lived right in front of me and I remember going to his house and ringing the doorbell every day to get him to come outside and play

Are you me?

Minorities are getting priced out of the cities. In the suburbs you're hand is always held since everything you do is an organized activity with transport by car. In an urban area you go on random adventures exploring the urban jungle without your parents taking you everywhere.

I was able to, and we didn't have to ruin our city planning for it. On the contrary, the more isolated a neighborhood is, the more its residents seem to indulge in paranoia and sheltering.

>go to high school with qt cheerleader friend
>have crush on her
>watch her dance at the big game
>teenageloveyousobad.gif
>she starts dating asshole jock
>i confess my feelings to her one night after a party
>our friendship is on the rocks!!!
>big dance is coming up and im just hanging out with my nerd friends
>she starts to realize she misses talking to me
>on the night of the dance the jock starts being a douche' and bulling people and she calls him an asshole
>she leaves the dance and comes to my house with an american flag on the front lawn
>"user i love you more than that stupid jock"
>i look out the window and clap
>she runs up the stairs
>we slow dance and makes love but it doesn't feel that good because of circumcision
>"user you are the most perfect user out of all the anons and i will love you forever"
>*LOUD AS FUCK CHURCHBELLS*
>*BONG BONG BONG*
>*FOGGY FROSTY AND GREY OUTSIDE*
>Slags walk past drinking bottles of wkd at 2pm on a tuesday
>I will always be a Britbong

I grew up in an American suburb and it's not the fantasy you think it is.

>not comfy, whites are a minority
>playing hide-and-seek in the house would have gotten your ass whooped
>pool parties make you stink of rejection, sadness and chlorine
>your bike will get stolen by a mexican
>there's coyotes in the woods.

Recommend some teen movies to watch.

>tfw the place you grew up in is totally meaningless to you

goddamn I fucking hate it, can't wait to graduate college and get the fuck out without looking back

>crowded
this is how cities should be, if you don't like it go live on a fucking farm

>wouldn't be able to do that in a city
why not?

This was my life growing up. Feels bad my children won't experience the same thing.
;_;

>churchbells
you mean islamic prayer calls

No Church Bells, the reason people call us Britbongs is because how load the bells bongs in the towns and villages.

How loud*

Good film

Why are you so assblasted?

Having to go by car wasn't that bad. At least there are no mexicans staring at you.

used to*
its a new britain

Meanwhile in Britian

>god forbid people look in my direction or having crying children within 100 ft of me, what cruel society is that?

I grew up in the californian suburbs
>Can't go anywhere without driving or serious walking/biking
>15 minute bicycle ride to the nearest 7/11
>Friend lives only one street over but it takes like 5 minutes even if I run
>birthday present scooter gets stolen the night I get it
>some good neighbors, but asshole neighbors too
I miss In n out, tho.

>MFW I nearest supermarket is a quarter of the distance it takes to get from one side of a walmart parking lot to the other.

>tfw no Wonder Years adolescence

>tfw everyone keeps to theirsleves here and i have no childhood friends so even though i live in suburbs i dont get this f eel

because urban sprawl in america is so fucking bad and people like you neither recognize this objective fact nor give a shit

>inefficient use of energy and resources on a massive scale
>unoriginal copy-paste parking lot-infested corporate-controlled commercial spaces
>complete dependence on cars
>encourages sedentary lifestyles which is a major contributing factor to the obesity epidemic
>near total absence of public spaces
>atomization of society
>economic segregation that encourages greater inequality
>sterile freeways, desolate and alienating streets

anyone who isn't assblasted by this is delusional

I unironically believe 90% of america's urban areas should be razed and rebuilt with common sense in mind and without the """""""""help"""""""""" of the corporatocracy

False. I was outside everyday getting into mischief with the neighborhood kids.

Lol, I grew up in a street like this.

This world is inhumane, be it commieblocks, suburban sprawl or Victorian semi-detached brick homes. There is no hope

Good post, could've been mine. Streetcar neighborhoods a best. Spaced to allow for an adequate degree of privacy and personal freedom, yet dense enough and sufficiently interconnected to make car ownership optional instead of a fucking necessity, with mixed use main road fronts for on-foot commercial access. And better yet, there's no space for gigantic soul draining chain stores, opening up opportunities for independent businesses. In fact to make America great again it's safe to assume that you have to do the opposite of upsizing.

>Streetcar neighborhoods

>Bljat Vladimir, we don't have communistic funds to put proper rail line to the next town, what do?
>Is okay Dimitri, just extend tram through forest!

I don't like the wires that they use desu

>>I will always be a Britbong

Truly the worst feel

tfw grew up in a fucking small italian town and not in world best countries: UK / Germany

(pic not related)