B, if i increase dosage of antidepressant...

b, if i increase dosage of antidepressant, will it make me feel happier/more euphoric/less distressed or does there exist a limit so that the drug's primary effects won't be boosted but side effects will become more severe indeed, leading to other health-related issues?

bump

again

Try increasing by 25mg every 2-4 weeks until you get the desired effect. If you feel like the cons outweigh the pros, just step down again. It's not rocket science.

I would speak with your doctor first. I have no idea what your current dosage is, but increasing your dosage could potentially put you at risk of serotonin syndrome, which can be fatal.

If your current dosage is not working, you might ask about switching off of an SSRI to a TCA, or introducing a benzodiazepine alongside your antidepressant.

thanks.

anons, why SSRI antidepressants are most common? what makes them superior to other kinds of antidepressants? implying newer drugs are being created to be simply better than older ones...

just dont autoedicate with antidepressant, ask to your head doctor

don't recommend benzos to someone who's thinking about automedicating without knowing the risks. Actually, don't recommend benzos to anyone, withdrawals are though.

tell your doctor and he'll give you somehing but don't ask him for benzos.

cheapest and quickest way, assuming they work at all

i used to be on them but did fuck all, i kept mine though when i used to fuck women off dating sites, take one a day before and u can last as long as u want in bed

JUST STOP EATING SUGAR. IM TO STUPID TO TELL YOU WHY, GOOGLE EFFECTS OF SUGAR, YOU CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE M88

This is what I recommend

Or maybe this

They act differently depending on the individual

Try switching to Lexapro, then add a potential increase drug like Abilify if it's doesn't work

they are the most common because most people have good results with them

Very rarely the first one they try works, so you have to try a few SSRI before calling quit on that type of drug

Wellbutrin is different than SSRIs and is also very popular with certain people that lack drive or motivation

the worst thing to do however is come on Sup Forums for advise, especially about something as serious as this

also don't read the horror stories posted on the internet, you never know who the fuck is behind those, most of the people are ill intended.....

stick to your doctor, maybe find a good depression forum where posts are moderated

most important, don't rely only on the pills
-go out of your house, limit internet activity
-do some exercise, ride a bike, anything
-eat good food
-focus on positive things (Sup Forums is not one of them)

you have to act, otherwise no pills ever will help you

Psychologyfag here.
Most you should be doing on zoloft is 200mg a day man. If you have more than 300/400mg and your body isn't used to it you can get serotonin syndrome and that can lead to seizures and death.
In answer to your question, SSRI's increase levels of serotonin in your brain and block the reuptake of it by blocking off many of the serotonin receptors. They work better at neutralising mood than SNRI's because SNRI's block noradrenaline which is more to do with anxiety than just general mood.
Don't go mad on the SSRI's, just get some bud op.

I was feeling a strong high when I was on 100mg/day (Sertraline/Zoloft). I felt too happy, like nothing could make me sad, so I stopped taking it when I felt like I could stand on my own.

thanks, anons

also, when it comes to serotonin syndrome, do you feel happy/euphoric? implying serotonin levels become permanently high.

why dont you ask your doctor?

i took citrolopram or whatever they are called, they were 40mg shouldnt take no more than 60mg a day i was told/read

my life improved anyway so didn't need them, its funny how a little happiness can instantly cure those dark dark days where you want to wake up and as soon as the fog clears you want to die, i was like that when i was with my kids mum, left her and happy days!

this is why mental health is such an issue in this country

Can confirm, pharmacy student here.

Yeah, and once you get out those dark days in the past seem like a slowly fading dream. It's feels strange looking back and realising that back then I actually considered suicide every single day, and now I haven't thought about suicide in years.

This guy knows what's up OP.

Lol feeling happy and europhoric is the last thing you will be feeling when you have seretonin syndrome, your moods will be uncontrolled and your at high risk of seizures. Not a joking matter dude

/thread

An SSRI will never be worth it in the end. Nor will any other antidepressant. You'll become dependent on it, and it's extremely hard to ween yourself off of after years. Finding the root of the depression and solving it is far better. Combined with exercise, healthy eating, therapy, positive activities, & just smoking a good medical sativa.

i wish antidepressants didn't affect sexual abilities.

it's mainly the people or lack of people around you that cause depression I found in my case, my ex was a complete lazy cunt and I was basically a slave, now I have a job own a house and a loving girlfriend and couldn't be happier.

Depression can come from anything my guy.

Like those dubs both times? I don't lie!

I know it can that's why I said in my case my ex was the main cause of it all.

Fair enough. A negative relationship is never healthy. I understand that... My last relationship was me taking care of a lazy female. Who basically used me. Sucks ha.

Sup Forums, how do I obtain Xanax or hydrocodone as a relatively healthy 24 year old male? I wish I had a hookup here.

if actual "limit" doesn't exist, then why aren't antidepressants considered as recreational drugs? i would call being extremely happy and euphoric "being high"; it's obvious.

Do you have access to healthcare? It's not hard to convince a MD to give you Xanax, Ativan, or Klonopin. Opiates are far more difficult.. Depending where you live.
Now if you do any drugs.. Know quality dealers. That's a different story.

No.. They're not recreational drugs. Lmao.

You need to take them for several weeks to get a decent effect, and even then it's still not much compared to other stimulants like amphetamine or MDMA. You can also get withdrawals when you stop taking it: nausea, dizzyness, headache, body ache, sweating, difficulty sleeping.

I live in Indiana. And nope. I have an outstanding amount of medical debt after having a stab wound turn septic because I was an idiot. Month in the hospital. Gonna file for bankruptcy sometime soon.

Don't know any dealers. The last one I knew got in shit cause he got caught and his dad was a police officer, which I didn't know.

It's absolutely nothing compared to MDMA.... At all! Or any pure methamphetamine/amphetamine salts.

Indiana from what I know is super strict on even weed...
You can buy them online. From online pharmacies. I've only purchased Xanax.. And other benzodiazepines. I don't do opiates.
A septic wound? How are you alive man??
You find a legit online pharmacy though. A real MD from India most likely will give you a prescription online, that's oddly legal.
I've bought like 400 Xanax at a time ha.

What antidepressant do you have as comparison? I was on Sertraline/Zoloft for a few months and that definitely felt like a mild stimulant, comparable to a very weak but permanent MDMA or amphetamine rush.

that shit is poison

I was on Zoloft, Wellbutrin, & Celexa. Idk what kind of MDMA you do but it's nothing at all like doing a half or whole gram of pure MDMA in a night. Not even comparable. Not even in the same category.

I got stabbed in a stupid fight, didn't clean it up well enough I guess and didn't go in until I could barely stand. They hit me with some super hard antibiotics that wiped out my kidneys and immune system for a bit. Also where I developed a taste for drugs since I was in immense pain and they had to pack my wound twice a day after tunneling a lot of flesh out, which meant I got liquid Dilaudid right in my PIC line.

I have no idea where to start with the online pharmacies and shit and I'm all in decent health now so things are rough and kinda shit in that regard. Thanks though man.

I can understand that you feel that way, taking that much MDMA in one night. You might want to bring it down to about 100-200mg per night, maximum every 3 months, or that brain damage of yours is gonna get worse.

Holy fuck man... You are lucky to be alive with sepsis. That's the bullshit thing about healthcare they will give you powerful opiates when you truly need them and not properly ween you off them.
Plus opiates are too good. I've done most.. Including just smoking H. Makes everything seem ok even if you're fucking homeless ha.

It's so easy. I'm not sure I can link on here but.. Google online pharmacies for your drug of choice. Xanax which is great, if you have tons of it, easy.
These places are mostly in India. They will get a real PhD Doctor from India to chat with you and prescribe you online & after that you buy. Legally. Use a PO box and visa prepaid card if you're worried.
Trust. I'm not in the business of lying. Now.. Use .tor and go get bitcoins.. You can buy anything still.

I understand pharmacology. 100-200mg of pure MDMA isn't comparable. Antidepressants are not recreational. No rush.. No complete euphoria.. Just a sense of being ok. With tons of negative side effects. Amphetamine salts like Dexedrine or Adderall even.. Hit your dopamine receptors way harder.
Antidepressants.. You have no complete lows and no super highs.

You dense motherfucker. If the baseline is 0, anti-depressants bring you up to 5 or maybe 10, and amphetamines take you to 100 (or 2000 with the doses you seem to be taking), are antidepressants not in the direction of amphetamines?

I didn't know it was possible for someone to be as dumb as you and still be able to type text on a keyboard. Maybe stop frying your brain with massive doses of amphetamines and you'll get back to normal eventually.

bump

antidepressant don't replace depression with happyness
in the long run, they replace depression with nothingness
and you'll stop taking them to start feeling something again

shits true

this nigger knows whats up

i have no idea i've been on so many antidepressants and mood stabilizers and i feel nothing. zoloft does nothing serteraline or whatever just makes me feel meh, idk what to do ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

i want to feel happy but my life is so fucking shit fucking kill me

i've been depressed since 9 fucking years old and it hasn't shaken off. i honestly can't even remember anything from 9-15 years old because i blocked it from my memory, even years after 15 and i'm still fucked up

Mind control medicine

I'm currently doing the exact opposite, trying to gradually decrease doseage of sertraline from 150mg to 25-50mg so I can take shrooms instead. The first shroom dose will be to trip but everything after will be microdosing

I keep forgetting them so idk if theres a reason behind it but its pretty true that it makes you feel empty

I've had to step up my lexapro from 5, to 10, then to 20. Was on 30 for a bit when times were tough with family shit. Every jump in dosage had a 'happy' period before I leveled out. Been on this stuff for 4 years. But what's really fun was when u accidently doubled my dose, one at night and one in the morning cause I thought I forgot it that night. Everyone was commenting how Looney tunes I was. Fun day, would do again

we have the same anti depressant lol

this is the stupidest example of a placebo effect i've ever heard, kudos to be fair

Amazing typing all that. Yet, being completely wrong.

True to use a valid statement/argument to justify what you're saying next time. You absolute mindless trite spewing, Neanderthal.

This.. Zoloft withdrawal is horrible makes your brain feel really weird.

spinal zaps. lasts a few months too, especially if you quit ct, best to taper the dosage by 25mg per month, which makes it feel like it's going to take forever