So there has been a source leaked that a strike on north Korea is imminent. A 50/50 chance to be specific...

So there has been a source leaked that a strike on north Korea is imminent. A 50/50 chance to be specific. This guy also claims he was told before hand about the Syria strike. His Twitter username is jackposobiec if you wanna check out what he said. I personally don't know what to think about it. Something needs to be done now before north Korea definitely has nukes which can reach Chicago and Canada. For now they haven't tested the KN14 which is supposedly the one which can reach and will be the target of said strikes. And a lot of their missile tests have failed. But then if we do attack hundreds of thousands south Koreans could die, as well as American soldiers in south Korea. What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/604597/china-troops-north-korea-border-world-war-3-us-nuclear-trump
youtube.com/watch?v=N6OQJxe8ic0
twitter.com/BreakingBad263/status/851870139377123328
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just hope Infinite Challenge stays on the air.
huehuehue

Yes but you should because if north Korea aren't bluffing (which I think they are). BUT for the small chance they're not millions could die

Bump

I really wouldn't care

This is BS.

If you understand recent relations with China you would know this would never happen without its consent. Stop fear pandering. Annoying Russia is one thing Pissing off China is something so retarded even trump wouldn't do it.

>> Canada and Chicago

It's really not.

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/604597/china-troops-north-korea-border-world-war-3-us-nuclear-trump

Trump tweeted he'll take care of Korea with China or not. They've sent troops to stop refugees from entering the country if this does go down

yea sure
they will attack north korea... and accept the incoming nuclear missiles? to seoul, tokio and USA? sure

>50/50
>imminent
pick one

It won't be a full on assault. It will be strategic hits to destroy missile sites and maybe a nuclear reactor. That's why they've sent destroyers and carriers to the Korean peninsula.

>and accept the incoming nuclear missiles

Can you not read? We don't know whether they even work yet which is why they might attack now. Instead of waiting until they definitely have one.

A 50/50 chance of an imminent attack.

As soon as NK picks up on the fact their are missiles heading their way, they're going to launch.

>A 50/50 chance of an imminent attack.

How do you get a 50/50 chance of an imminent attack? Is he going to flips coin? Roll a dice, odds they attack?

A better way to phrase it is that "there is a possibility the US will attack North Korea in the near future" to which the rest of the world would respond with, fucking duh

They already know. They've said if America does anything they'll retaliate. Do you not watch the news?

likely to occur at any moment; impending:

Key word being likely

Oh Noooooooooooooooooo.

youtube.com/watch?v=N6OQJxe8ic0

Here everyone! Enjoy some North Korean CARTOONS !! Yayyyy!!!!!!

Not every one is American and not every one cares about America.

That being said that is what you would expect, I don't really know a country that would declare "if you invade me I'll surrender and give you my stuff without a fight". Not even France did that.

The casualty figures from Nork arty spam across the DMZ are generally inflated. It'd be bad for the first few hours, sure, but there are a lot of shelters in Seoul and counter-battery artillery has all the Nork batteries pre-registered. Plus, Nork ammo supply sucks and their combat effectiveness would fall off after a few hours.
A hot North-South war would have an active phase of about a week before the North was completely squashed.
As for the KN-14, the important thing to remember is that as well as no accurate tests, there's no proof that it can actually mount a miniaturised nuclear warhead. My guess is that the Norks are bullshitting when they say they have it.
A lot of people would die in a new war, but they'd mostly be Norks. Bring it, I say.

I'm not even American but it could effect the whole world if north Korea do have a working nuke. It could also create a second refugee crisis

We have a anti nuke defenses set in place. Their shitty nukes won't reach. The minute they do that, NK will be scattered into the wind and become a memory of the past.

That's my president!

America doesn't need nukes to take out the North Koreans, they're so weak that a sustained aerial campaign for a week or two at most would be enough to trash them completely.
Also the only thing China cares about is money. South Korea represents a huge economic partner to them, as long as the number of refugees coming across the border isn't too high (or at least if they don't stay too long), the Chinks wouldn't give a shit about the Norks getting taken out. Their ace in the hole for a North Korean collapse is dead now thanks to Kim Jong Fat, so they're ready to let him twist. The South Korean and Chinese governments are already discussing it.

>some twitter troll claims thing will happen

wow, thats some hardcore facts youve got there. better get in my bunker before wwiii breaks out huh

I came to post exactly this but Satan here beat me to it. Checked, nigga.

Has there even been confirmation that the norks have a missile deliverable nuclear warhead?

I would personally be very glad if the Korean War is finally laid to rest with some fireworks, it is literally in no-one's interest except the Kim Dynasty for North Korea to exist as a separate nation from the South.
Also if the North goes down quickly, there'll be a lot of juicy cheap military surplus coming to a gun store near you!

If NK do have a working nuke and use it they would be wiped off the map in an instant and I don't think even China would step in to save them.

Depending on the number of Nukes it very well could create a refugee crisis, but if a Nuke hits America then I think it would be handled internally as to not make them seem weak.

Either way, fair points.

There is this twitter.com/BreakingBad263/status/851870139377123328

no. The Norks say they have it, but they also say that they have the cure for AIDS and cancer. The Norks' nuclear material is enough for about 15 Hiroshima-style nukes, but they don't have a long-range bomber force capable of dropping them (and a nuclear strike on Seoul would be fucking stupid anyway, even assuming no massive American retaliation). The Nork missile inventory is big but they don't actually have that many road-mobile launchers, so counter-battery missions would get easier as time went on.

if it's on Sup Forums it's gotta be real

I wondered how long it'd be before Squirrel and Hedgehog got R34'd. 10/10

>Caring about things you can't change by yourself
If we get nuked or war comes I'm not going to freak out like 99% of people

>50/50 chance
Wow the same odds as something random happening
Better go down into the fallout shelter now

With satan in this thread, NK is going to be invaded. Because Satan is a cool guy 'n' all.

Also just imagine how hilarious it'd be if a war broke out and the Nork army was throwing everything it had at the border. It'd start with relatively dangerous shit like T-62s but before too long they'd be throwing militia with WW2 guns and T-34-85s in. Fucking glorious for the few hours it'd last before morale collapsed and the KPA murdered its officers and demobilised itself.

dumping Nork military equipment

Im not convinced china has nukes that can reach us

China does, the Norks don't.

At least this time the refugees wouldn't come to Europe to rape and murder. So, go ahead Trump, fuck Kim's shit up.

Norks are too weedy to murder and rape even if they did get to Europe. Besides they'd probably be productive immigrants rather than these fucking Somali oxygen thieves.

I figured that their nukes were test units meant for dick waving purposes. That being said, I wonder how effective their SAM defences would be if there were USN aircraft starting to fly over their airspace.

Fear the mighty tractor rocket brigade

America really does have technology in place to shoot down nukes. The chances of another country being able to hit us with a nuke are very slim. And that's assuming any country would even try it. Our military is so strong that no other country on the planet would have a hope in hell of beating us if it came to all out war. Russia uses the media to present the image that they have a strong military but they've actually been in decline for awhile. They couldn't stand up against the US. And China is just a joke.

Guys...

There's been a circlejerk for years about how physically weak NK is. It's true. But do you really think they're mentally retarded and so deluded with no connections to the outside world? Do you really think, in all honesty, that they're unaware of their political inferiority and truly, TRULY believe they stand a chance fighting against the western world? Really?

they have a shitload of SAMs and dumb AA guns, but nothing more sophisticated than what Saddam had defending Baghdad. It'd be dangerous for helicopters to fly over unsecured airspace, and low-level attack runs would be very asshole-clenching, but the B-52s, B-2s, B-1s and high-flying F-15E/Ks would have no problems really.
The real killing early in the war would be done by MRLS, M109s and Tomahawks.

you mean barely into alaska right?

tbh, this is all just fueling the fire. The Syria strike? I mean what the fuck, they really want an unstable world. First the colonies destabilized the world, and since ww2 it's been the US kindling the fire.

No. Once a war kicked off the morale of the KPA wouldn't last very long at all, and ordinary Nork citizens are very disillusioned with the regime by this time. Mobilization of troops would probably be resisted, actively or passively, reducing the number of men the KPA could put into the field - and of course their morale would crumble once the air war kicked off.
The real worry would be the small numbers of elite and motivated special forces dudes.

bump pls

This is their most advaned sub btw

Seldom do I consider their spec-ops and what it entails. Surely it's fully modernized but what about the numbers? How small? I'm not even sure they could get from point A to point B without being noticed.

They have a shitload of dudes but they're short of transport. They have the pick of the shitty Nork helicopter and midget submarine fleet

Holy fuck you people are shortsighted. Trump just met with Chinese president. They discussed how to handle NK,

Trump sends in battle group.
NK shit themselves
China offers to use leverage with Trump get rid of battle group in exchange for NK stopping tests.

Tests stop
Battlegroup leaves
China looks good in media and NK
US loses nothing.

Politics at its best.

>imminent
>50/50 chance
Do you actually believe these mean the same thing?

>source: twitter
Wow dude.

Norks don't like to do things on trust - they don't believe in conceding first.

also, if north korea is taken out of the way what happens afterwards? unification into one korean state, or just a regime change in north korea?

if korea is unified again, would that mean less reason for american troops to be present in the korean peninsula afterwards? that could be of benefit to china and actually weaken our position in regards to military influence in the region on china's border.

Do the Norks have Shilkas? Too busy spamming to check

yes they have and lots of them dont have radar guidance

A unified Korea, but with a DMZ still active to prevent refugees and a 10-year + recovery process. US troops in Korea go home but the USN maintains bases in Japan/Guam to defend Taiwan. China gains a rich economic neighbour and Korea demilitarises.
Not a bad result tbqh famalam

for radar just use good hold ALARMM/SEAD missile 130 km away and ur good

lmao that's about as useful as a chocolate kettle then

Yeah Norks probably don't have much in terms of electronic warfare equipment.
Yet another reason why they wouldn't last long.

Probably the most capable Nork airframe not including MiG-29s