3 doors to pick from, one room has treasure

3 doors to pick from, one room has treasure.

1 door is revealed to lead to an empty room.

what chance is there to pick the right door now?

protip: 66%

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhlc7peGlGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope...since one door is known...the chance to pick the proper door is 50%
lrn2maths

are you stupid? it's clearly 2/3, 2 our of 3 doors are picked.

It's clearly 95%

OP is right. Counter-intuitive, but right.

Mathematics, faggot.

>Mathematics, faggot.

you pick form 2 doors not 3. It's 50%

it's actually 33%

>clearly 2/3, 2
faggots, it´s 50%, the math you use counts only if you have infinity tries on the same test, but you only have this one chance so it simply doesn´t matter if you repick or not... trolls

You are forgetting the fact that the presenter, who has full knowledge, has opened a door for you.
The way to think about it is to supose you have 100 doors. You pick one. The presenter opens another 98. You have the option to change to the only other closed door. Should you do it? Damn right you do.
Same here. He opened one, therefore 2/3 says the one he didn't open actually have the prize.

no it's not, you don't pick once from 3. You get one picked and then pick one so it's 66%

it's not. they tested it on mythbusters and they came to the conclusion that you're more likely to win if you pick another door. Don't remember to exact numbers but you can google them.

>>therefore 2/3 says the one he didn't open actually have the prize.

there are 2 doors not 1.

It's 50%.

2 doors to pick from, one has treasure in it. Pretty simple stuff.

If you picked a door first, and they revealed one of the other ones, then there's a 66% chance since there was a 66% chance that the treasure was in one of the two you didn't pick.

that's just plain stupid.

It is 66% and anyone who says otherwise is a retard.

Not based on what OP said. It's only 66% if you already picked a door, and they open one of the others.

Its clearly 33% because only one door is on the right

no. Just google it and find the answer yourself.

This is not a coin toss, you dense cocksucker. One of the players - the presenter - has full knowledge of where the prize is. Information has been introduced in the system hence why it's not a "50/50" choice.

Fucking plebeians.

>not being able to understand basic mathematics to the point where you need to google for the simple answers

Information was introduced before you picked, therefore it's irrelevant. You pick ONE of the two doors, and one of them has treasure. That's exactly the same as a coin toss.

That doesn't make sense. If you picked one and then they showed the wrong one it would be 33%.

No it's not. there are 3 doors.

2 scenarios:
1: you pick an empty one, then switch to the correct one
2: you pick the right one, and then switch to the wrong one
Scenario one will happen 2/3 times since 2/3 of the doors are wrong.

finaly someone gets it

you and everyone that agrees with you is a complete retard. Yes, you would be correct had you chosen a door at the beginning, and then they revealed a door... as information would be given wrt the door opened and the one you chose. However you did not initially choose a door in the example at the beginning of this dumb thread, and thus no real information is given beyond the shown door being empty. Order matters.

Therefore it's a 0.5 chance assuming you aren't dumb enough to pick the open door.

do you have a mental disability or are you pretending to be this dumb?

nope, i'm objectively right and you're an idiot

But that's how possibilities work my dude

It's 33%, pretty simple when you think about it.

also check 'em

no way will this become a get thread.

MONTY HALL
youtube.com/watch?v=mhlc7peGlGg

/thread

I've never understood this little riddle. Here's how I have always thought about it and why I think it's 50-50. I'll give you two doors to choose from. 50-50 right. Ok, now that you've chosen, there's a closet down the hall. It's not in there. Did you magically gain 33% by me telling you it's not in that fucking closet that doesn't matter?

thank you :3

it's 66% to pick a wrong door. So if you pick a wrong door and wrong door was revealed, if you swap out, you get 66%.

stop sucking each other's little dicks and read the problem. You never choose at the beginning, it's only asking for choice after the reveal. Maybe OP tried to set up the Monty Hall problem but he completely failed to do so. The answer is 0.5

I'm not sure but even if you don't pick at the start isn't it still 66%?

Only if that closet door shares the probability of having the price or not. If it always doesn't have the price then it's pointless to introduce it but that's not how the riddle is.

no :3