ITT: Good films that are highly underrated

ITT: Good films that are highly underrated.

Moon
Being John Malkovich
Dark City
eXistence
The 13th Floor (is it actually underrated though?)

That movie is fantastic
taika Watiti is awesome

I watched it on a whim, not knowing anything about it and was sooo suprized

This is the most underrated fucking movie, thank you Op, you give me hope. One of the funniest ever.

I dont know why people dont like it.

what is this movie.

The Game (Michael Douglas)

Because they should have stuck with the book's name for the title.

The eaters of the dead

Lol Being John Malkovich is really funny.

Which one?

>Chris Parker
>Parker
Uhmmmmm

John Carter
Ready 2 Rumble

yeah i love that one. so good.

Saw that last month. Shit cracked me up.
>I'm doing my dark bidding on the internet.
>What are you bidding on?
>A table.

Anyway, Arrival.
Great movie and I've heard next to no one talk about it.

I don't want this to be one of those films that come out and then just fade into obscurity, it's definitely worth a watch.

What We Do in the Shadows

Pic VERY related

This is one of my favorite films nobody know about. Seek it out, it is hard to find. The sequel Witch Hunt is also worth your time.

also

Christopher Walken is the role he was born to play.

I agree with the 13th Floor and yes I believe bit is underrated. The problem with it was that it came out the same year as the Matrix.

Bullet (1996)

Mickey Rourke is a juiced up ex con jewish heroine addict that tries to get back in good graces with his family and 2 unusual brothers but he has a beef with an old rival that threatens to change everything.

Captivating performances by all the actors, great soundtrack and overall brilliant film. Don't know a single person that has ever seen it.

Man from Earth.

Gran Torino is fantastic, but it isn't underrated is it? Maybe a little unknown but I remember it being critically well-received.

I liked arrival, but the idea the whole thing is based on is, although interesting, fairly unconvincing

I watched it a few years ago. It was interesting, but kinda fell apart at the end. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it.

Mind blowing film

no one talks/knows about it, I'd say that counts as underrated

Yeah, and so was Being John Malkovich.

Pusher trilogy

It's an 8 year old movie. It's not likely to get discussed to death at this point.

The unrated version of "Angel Heart" (1987)

>makes thread about underrated movies
>doesn't identify the movie they say is underrated

I liked it fairly well. It's like another take on Watchmen's theme, honestly.

What We Do in the Shadows is probably my favorite movie. I really want the erotic dance scene music for my ringtone.

This was a decent little movie. Didn't find out about it until it hit netflix.

the 'technology' of aliens is unconvincing ? based on what ?

It's okay, nothing too special though.

The machinist!
Donnie darko

Yeah, it's not god-tier or anything. Just a nice little movie.

>Donnie Darko

No.

I have to agree, the idea that their language is a technology is interesting but the fact that if you can read you have the ability to see the future is unconvincing and simply preposterous.

The Thin Red Line

it's called science fiction though, the fact that it is 'alien technology' pretty much removes it from having to be logical or realistic doesn't it ?

The movie Cube definitely

A universally known film that people have literally written books on to try and explain.
>underrated

I watched Hannibal (2001) on Prime the other day. I liked it. kind of predictable but any of you anons know similar films?

So hard to find people who have seen this one.

Mah nigga

fight club: 5/7 movie

why?
is it to simple for you?
are you intellectually superior?

pic related

into the wild
a boy and his dog
watchmen
all the riddick movies
7 psychos (or something)

this thread is for underrated movies

donnie darko isn't underrated at all

It's overrated as fuck that's why. It's a fucking meme

Did u guys forget splash?Tom hanks with John candy.epic

Science fiction and alien technology doesn mean that you have to suspend all reason. I mean there are still laws that govern the universe and they didn't explain how a human can gain the ability to see time (future and past) in a non linear way just because she could read alien. Also the squid bodied aliens looked retarded, and were they supposed to have built those ships with their tentacle hands?

The Blood of Heroes. Watch it after rewatching Bladerunner for luls.

Hick

No one knows this movie even exists and its one of the best films Christian Bale has ever been in, let alone the lead role.

Watch it.

I thought it was pretty meh.

I Jugger that recommendation

Sicario

This is literally the most overrated film I've ever seen. Shit script and mediocre execution, yet so many people consider it some kind of masterpiece. It's not even funny.

Fuck yea.

I love how subtle it can be in revealing the characters. My stepdad watched this with me and he said it was boring...but this was coming from a guy who genuinely likes steven seagal movies

The only laws that govern your universe are the ones applying to the things that you currently are aware of, I agree that you don't HAVE to suspend all reason, but this isn't the first film to require it. Don't understand your argument about the aliens, didn't see anything wrong with them...

Care to elaborate?

Great film

Moon is among my favorite movies ever

IF ANYTHING THAT POS IS OVER RATED

Watched that movie because I saw a webm of the scene where he executes that drug barons family. Have to say I was not impressed. First class actors but lame story.

:( Anton :(

Faust (1926), Schramm, Blow Job (1980), Mephisto (1981), Werckmeister Harmonies, The Conformist (1970), Koyaanisqatsi, 2001 Space Odyssey, Eyes Wide Shut, Holy Mountain, Underground (1995), The Killing Fields, Waltz with Bashir, My own private Idaho, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Gummo, Breaking the waves etc., etc...

>Holy Mountain

Youve GOT to be trolling...

Best gay necrophiliac romcom ive ever seen. I keked my dick off and cried like a baby during this movie. Cannot unfeel these feels.

One of my all-time favorite movies.
Cameos by practically every horror movie monster ever, including Boris Karloff himself.
Also Robert Vaughn has some of the best lines ever:
>"ONLY THE BOOK OF ULTHAR HAS THE POWER TO CALL FORTH THE EVIL ONE TO REIGN DARKNESS UPON THE EARTH FOR A THOUSAND YEARS."
"But WHY would you want to do that?!"
>"Because I'm evil. Haven't you figured that out yet?"
as well as the best dying words of any movie villain
"YOU FOOLS....I'LL BE BACK....IN PART....TWO........"

? Okay, they're not good, but godlike
Holy Mountain IS underrated

Just watched this. Didn't really like it. There was no point to the movie at all.

Totally underrated. People just dont know a good movie when they see one.

Thought that this was pretty underrated.

>underrated
>2001

Gran Torino is one of the best movies in existence along with Gladiator.

Outlander
>Alien fighting another alien
>gets stranded on earth during the viking times

The dubs have lied. That movie is a fever dream wrapped in bum shit. God awful. Properly rated as one of the worst movies of all time.

Safety not guaranteed

Every Terry Gilliam movie

Always masterpieces, but unfortunately rarely box office successes

inb4 salo and cannibal holocaust are trash too

Shawshank Redemption

JoyRide with Paul walker

>2 friends prank a truck driver about a date
>Driver gets mad and starts chasing them

movie is similar to DUEL 1971 i recomend both of them

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
The Jack Bull
Heathers
Death Trap
The Hitcher (Rutger Hauer)

>ShawShank Redemption
>Underrated

choose one please

we're the only two people to ever see this movie, let it go, it was just a hallucination