Is this worth watching? Also is it SJW shit or does it make fun of it?

Is this worth watching? Also is it SJW shit or does it make fun of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_24p1ht9v8
youtube.com/watch?v=koaQRQrf3BA
dailymotion.com/video/x2m4n3k
youtube.com/watch?v=RuNp4rrECCg
youtube.com/watch?v=unGsXM6Hc-8
youtube.com/watch?v=WAp9Hu5fmt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trying the pilot episode is too hard.

its liberal but makes fun of sjw shit

You have to realize it started during the Bush administration. SJWs in their current form weren't even a thing.

That being said, it probably wouldn't be made today, considering just how much far it goes in the race jokes. There's literally an entire episode where Liz assumes Tracy is illiterate, and he exploits it as long as he can.

It's surprisingly "problematic" for a liberal show. Different times

There are two reasons to watch this show.

1-Jack
2-Doughnaghey (or however it's spelled)

It gets repetitive:

>Tina finds a perfect guy
>Oh no, he's actually not perfect

But there are some good episodes on the first two seasons.

Literally one of GOAT comedies of recent years. Try it, you will not regret.

only memekids that haven't actually watched it think it's a feminist/sjw show.

it portrays men/women/liberals/conservatives as all equally insane.

It makes fun of everyone, clearly Tina Fey's character has an agenda, but she usually gets mocked by Baldwin's character.

It gets old quickly, some episodes almost share the same plot, but there are some golden moments delivered by Baldwin, Morgan and Adsit.

It's overrated af, but the first 2 seasons are worth a watch

this

The politics of the show are very traditional left V right stuff. There is no SJW content or Albright content or any of that. Genuinely funny because both sides are mocked and even though left wing ideology wins, the right wing characters are consistently written as more competent. Also it's politically incorrect but in a way that's inoffensive due to how silly it is, only the most easily triggered could get mad at this show.

it's one of the funnier shows of the last 10 years
just watch it, OP

This

Baldwin's character is basically the conservative Parker Lewis

it's great to a Parker Lewis reference, user

liberal, makes fun of sjw shit, sometimes goes "yeah republicans sometimes know more shit than pampered liberal arts media people" but it's ultimately left-leaning in its sensibilities.

also baldwin is pretty funny. But nowadays it'd be more realistic if Jenna was some "omg white people lol" diva living in a rich celeb bubble

also

youtube.com/watch?v=koaQRQrf3BA

literal rape joke - and a good one too

There's also the episode where Tracy tries to star in a Thomas Jefferson biopic because he was descended from him.

MOMMY HNNNGGG

I'm sure his wife probably told him he could only be rough if she happened to be sleeping.

>that episode where jack impersonate all of Tracy's family

>"AYY PAPI QUIETE PEOPLE ARE SLEEEPEEENG!"

and that episode where she dates a black.

it's funnier if he's slipping in the roughness when she's all tired and can't know about it

That's literally all the time with that poor fucker's wife.

>Also is it SJW shit or does it make fun of it?
See

>It's after six! What am I, a nigger?

This would never be made today. WTF were they thinking?

you're memeing but this was literally a dialogue
JACK: The television audience doesn't want your elitist, East Coast, alternative, intellectual, left-wing...

LIZ: Jack, just say Jewish, this is taking forever.

JACK: We'll trick those race car-loving wide loads into watching your lefty homoerotic propaganda hour yet

Alec Baldwin is so fucking good in this it's unreal. The Joey Montero bit on the second live show is quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Jane krakowski and the internet kenneth thing make this unwatchable for me

though tracy morgan and the qt young blonde helped me get through a season or two

it's just funny.
it leans to the left, but sensibly and actually makes fun of what would later be called sjws sometimes. there's one episode where tinas character is buying a bike that is literally that

great job reading the thread
lurk moar

Good Christ she was so fucking cute. I'd grin like a fucking idiot whenever she was on screen.

You mean the one where she shoots a black.

It's a good show. It is fairly neutral in that it takes shots at both sides. The later seasons lean much further left

Good show. Tina Fey even said she wouldn't be able to make it these days. Most of Tracy Jordan is bad though.

the last season was pretty bad with some liberal stuff, like killing off Jacks mom for no reason and making her a lesbian. Terrible end for such a great character. Still pretty damb funny other than that, definitely worth watching.

Oh and you will like or hate Chloe Moretz, which life on Sup Forums should have prepared you for.

Tracy, Jenna and Kenneth have a lot of moments that test your patience.

But I don't remember one Baldwin moment that makes me want to move to the next scene.

>Oh heavenly Jonathan

Love 30 Rock, but yes the pilot is awful.

That's kind of a sad thing I've been seeing. Left-leaning comedy before this whole "revolution" was sensible and even a bit self-depreciating. It was largely center-left and saw merit in the right.

These days left-leaning comedy compares the right to nazis, while being extreme in the opposite direction.

A lot of comedy these days is extremely bitter, and has a powerful "with us or against us" mentality that kills any attempt at humor.

Alright guys real talk
Julianne Moore or Salma Hayek

fucking Salma wicked hard while lovingly kissing Moore like a queear

first couple of seasons were good

then you realize every character is 1-dimensional and the "tracy jordan is doing something stupid again" gag becomes annoying when you see it multiple times an episode

>Also is it SJW shit or does it make fun of it?
Makes fun of both sides

>1-dimensional

That's a terrible adjective to describe any character. At least say something like "cardboard" or even "2-dimensional".

I AM A DOT, LIZ LEMON!

As a left-leaning centrist myself, I miss those days.

Now all we have is infotainment newscomedy hosts who assume all ideas a republican might have are automatically awful. What happened to punching every direction?

Salma Hayek. Any day of the week.

I really don't know. It's turned into angry shitflinging and I'm really getting tired of it.

>white vs non-white

Moore without question.

Best Jack love interest coming through.

I wanna railer in her WASP ass like a filthy degenerate.

Is this what it has come to? You can't just enjoy a TV show, you have to imagine it being on one of two sides of a political agenda?

Nobody important gives a shit about SJWs either way. They're either ignored completely or vaguely virtue-signalled to by people who don't know any better. This is an internet war that doesn't matter to anybody.

This is reaching tinfoil-hat levels. They're not infecting TV.

Is there a link for this scene

>hey guys 9th liberal guy satirizing a news anchor here - people who don't think x are stupid ignorant racists
(people clap)

there's no comedy, it's just applause breaks for your team

to be fair nowadays we have like 8 or 9 "comedians" talk show hosts that are pretty extreme to the left doing barely any comedy (with some exceptions like Conan who's a liberal but does actual jokes)

-sam bee
-john oliver
-meyers
-colbert
-noah
-willmore
-maher
-snl weekend update

even at the time of 30 rock they were already mocking that shit with the fake sketches about fox news "i'm dumb blond" etc

>maher

He openly mocks Liberals as well as Conservatives (although he does mock conservatives more). He does do comedy, and more importantly, actually delves into the issues.

>They're not infecting TV.
kek cmon now

dailymotion.com/video/x2m4n3k

You won't trick this race car-loving wide load into watching your elitist, East Coast, alternative, intellectual, left-wing homoerotic propaganda hour

>Irish
>White
Ha!

The show obviously has a slight liberal bias so it actually is a fair question to ask.

Heh
I sort of like Maher though. He's an asshat, but he's an honest and fair asshat.

It's worth watching just for Baldwin's Redd Foxx and Tracy Morgan impressions, fucker's hella talented

MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BISNISS MISS RODRIGUEZ

He gambled away mah welfare check

It's especially weird to see how calling everyone nazi/fascist/hitler has come back in vogue after people on both sides of the political spectrum had been making fun of that type of overreaction for ages.

The stereotypical extreme lefty labeling everyone a fascist had been relegated to just being a joke. But this new crowd is so completely devoid of self-awareness that the stereotype has come back.

Maybe in five years or so we'll all be making fun of it again.

>Jane krakowski
She fluctuated, but she had great fucking lines.

This remains one of my favourites:
youtube.com/watch?v=RuNp4rrECCg

>she wouldn't be able to make it these days.
She's not wrong.

Kimmy Schmidt is very similar in it's humor and I'm constantly seeing complaints about it.

>Why are you in an Asian-rights rally, you're white!
>I'm trans-asian!
Tina Fey is the only good female comedian in existance.

Greatest.

Jenna had a lot of great lines, I actually thought Krakowski was one of the best comedic actresses around. I loved the running bit they had about her randomly talking about Mickey Rourke

youtube.com/watch?v=unGsXM6Hc-8

Tina Fey pisses off SJWs so you probably won't mind it if you're not really crazy.

t. I am a crazy SJW

I remember laughing at a funny moment on this show when alec Baldwin and this woman were driving home and she was pregnant and they were panicked because the baby wouldn't be able to become president because it wasn't born on US soil

See, those namedrops were what I disliked about her.

Although, Jenna and Tracy being annoying is part of the character, even for the audience. I always loved the way the writers constructed the jokes with both of them:
>simple setup to an obvious predictable punchline
>punchline comes completely out of left field
And then they started deconstructing and going for non-punchlines or just saying the obvious thing. Tracy had a butt ton of these that I can't remember, but Lillian in UKS has a great one:

"You know heels had to have been invented by a man, (pause) cause no woman ever invented anything"

These always kill me.

Tina Fey is a 3rd Wave feminist that "fought" for equality of opportunities and treatment, and is mocked by the 4th Wave ones (SJW's) who want equality in results, which is just idiotic.

She also realises that whatever changes that are to be made are going to take time to develop naturally, but it'll take more time if barriers are put between the two sides (even creating two sides of a conflict), which is what is damaging the whole SJW argument and actually hurting their cause.

It's the best show of all time.

The real stories about Tracy Morgan are probably better than the fake stories about Tracy Jordan

youtube.com/watch?v=WAp9Hu5fmt8

It's a must watch. The joke density is amazing.

It falls off near the end but most show do.

I think only AD or maybe early Community tops it in terms of joke density.

It's also only topped in comfyness by Scrubs.

Watch Xavier: Renegade Angel for real joke density

I would know. I'm Frajer.

Also the episode when Liz reports her arab neighbors to the DHS for trying to be on the Amazing Race

Weird that Fred Armisen can so easily play white, arab, and latino.

meme show, fuck off kid.

If you bingewatch 30 Rock and Kimmy Schmidt you realize that all of Tina Fey's characters sound exactly the same.
>Character offhandedly references a movie at the beginning of the episode
>Another character mentions the same movie in a different context later on.
They'll also have a character giving examples of something where they'll list two related things and one completely unrelated thing.

Let's just say you're at the market buying potatoes

And that 10 pound bag of potatoes costs... four hundred dollars

anyone else here find Kimmy Schmidt okay, but really inconsistent?

dude is chameleon, he even plays a russian woman convincing

You'll fit in fine on this board.

Me. Some jokes are straight out of 30 Rock but the rest is just a boring pile of shit.

Really this show and its gimmicky story is a bad place for the 30 Rock writers to do their magic

30 Rock is best looked at as a Larry Sanders Show successor, both shows take place in the backstage of a TV show, they meet celebrities and can afford to reference pop culture and focus on mundane things and flesh out the characters. Not to mention have guest appearances make sense and not be completely forced. 30 Rock could've easily gone a few more seasons with that formula without sacrificing quality too much. Also I recommend The Larry Sanders Show if you liked 30 Rock.

I hope the Kimmy show end soon, I will watch it but it's really wasted potential for those writers and their way of comedy.

I would recommend it

And my taste is fantastic

> Also I recommend The Larry Sanders Show if you liked 30 Rock.
extreme different types of humor tho. yes there are celebrities riffing on their images, but sanders is almost like a dry dark humor. You barely ever really laugh, even though it's wonderful and cuts way deeper at people's motivations and ego etc

30 rock is like anarchic shit and quick wit, sanders is "let's see the reasoning behind why your dad prefered a young woman instead of being with you and your mom, maybe there'll be some humor in the way he was sad, lost, pathetic and uncaring about you"

>my cologne is distilled from the bilge water of Rupert Murdock's yacht

both jokes, both smart. both cynical. 30 Rock can be really goofy but it's constantly cynical and cuts just as deep.

I had rewatched 30 Rocks several times, honestly at that point LS did it for me. Funnily enough the guy who plays the producer in LS is Jack's mentor in 30 Rock. Might be a coincidence but I like to think it's intentional.

I love this show and Im not a feigela.
The characters are fun an likeable.
the humor comes fast in a good SNL way.
It is smart assed and clever.

"MIlf Island"

I find the most unbelievable thing about it are all the people who keep heaping praise on the whole series. The first six episodes are just awful and Season 2 is one of the most inconsistent seasons I have ever seen. Is it just because of Kimmy's character?

Kimmy Schmidt is fine, but in most episodes, one of the two stories is really annoying (usually Kimmy's, but sometimes Titus's). They don't have one episode where both the A and B stories are cool. Titus in S1 is annoying as fuck, but in S2 he has the best arc.

It's weird, but I wouldn't want 31 rock, anyway. It's fine.

All things considered it's a great show. It's all over the place, but it's mostly funny. It only sucks dick when you compare it to 30 Rock. The show deserves praise but I honestly wouldn't say it's overrated since I haven't seen al lot of people raving about it.

Also Kimmy is really cute. If she wasn't I'm not sure the show would've been as sufferable.

>maher
>does do comedy
Get the fuck out, Bill.

Larry Sanders is so wildly different from anything else from that era, I'm fucking flummoxed on just how the fuck did Shandling manage to talk some exec into greenlighting it.

That show was like, 15 years before it's time. A true trailblazer