Why is UK so poor?

So why is UK poorer than USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand?

Eveyone thinks UK is a decent country, especially for education, healthcare, and government. It has nice cities, that are much safer than America.

Why are you guys so poor?

Top 10% of income earners starts at about 35,000 pounds.

Top 1% of wealth starts at 700,000 GBP, this is less than single family home in most decent parts of California!

What is your excuse?
Lack of smart engineers (chinaman or indian engineer caste?)
Taxes?
Is it hard to start a business?
People say the "colonies" are less established, so their is more "opportunity" wtf does that mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_Kingdom
desuarchive.org/int/thread/71124081/#71124081
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Our government took our guns and pointed them at us

when did that happen?

UK is arguably the best nation for higher education

Well it all started back in 1594 when some dude assassinated another dude.

>poor
It's all relative, and you don't even need a very high income to be rich here. Most people are happy, we have free healthcare and a strong national identity for the most part. Our government works because it's evolved over hundreds of years, and it's the same situation for education (at least the universities). It's safer here because we don't have guns at all really and there's very little gang culture outside of inner cities.
As for the earnings, you're wrong. Not sure where you got £35k from, but the top 10% of earners in the UK earn at least £60k/yr (see pic related). Granted, the average salary is about £28-30k/yr, which is lower than in other places, but it doesn't make people poor, nor does it make people sad that they have less money. In short, we aren't poor (but not as rich as other places), and we're fine overall.

yah, but england wuz rich and sheit, now there all poor people.

So English people not start businesses?
Why are you poorer than germany for fuck sake...

Utter Costcutters thread

how does an average english wage earner save/invest their money?

What kind of investments, and what are the expenses associated with an ISA?

Here we use Vanguard and buy SP500 or total market for about a .05% holding fee.

What is yours?

My dream job, seems to pay more in UK (heavy equipment operator), but it would be harder to start my own business due to a lack of cheap financing.

England is the 5th richest country in the world in terms of GDP, your numbers don't reflect at all the situation in the country.
please delete your meme thread asap

britain is a shit desu
mad to think they ruled 25% of the world 100 years ago

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_Kingdom

Ireland is proof none of these numbers means a thing.
It's literally a shitter, more boring UK with somehow worse weather. No charts can change that.

sure as hell am not opening that virus

its wikipedia dumkopf

>shitter
not really in any regard except for maybe healthcare. But thats only because ours is really bad, nothing to do with yours doing good.

>boring
I suppose, knowing that a terrorist attack could occur at any moment is exciting in a sense.

>somehow worse weather
Only makes us stronger desu

does ireland have worse weather and worse jobs?

All the local buisness is hairdressers and fastfood, our industry is long dead and the bankers bought westminster a long time ago. And the fucking queen sits on her arse collectng tax payers money

I hate this stupid island

>GDP per capita
Doesn't show distribution and is 4 years out of date
>Where to be born index
Only ahead by 0.74/10, also 4 years out of date
>Human Development Index
Literally 0.007 points higher, given it's an estimate too means that difference is invalid
>Global Terrorism Index
"""British""" terrorists in Northern Ireland, sure

The rest of them, fair enough. But you need to get a new infomeme

yeah it rains more and its windier here. Don't think we have worse jobs though. If you've got a degree in stem you could move to Dublin tomorrow and find a job by monday

our GDP has only increased over the last 4 years

USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand weren't bombed to fucking shit during World War II. IIRC the UK was wealthier per capita out ofany of them before then.

ngl we have a housing crisis and a property bubble, housing is incredibly expensive and taxes have driven up the costs of living.

we arent poor though, despite our mild cultural/racial tendency towards depression we are generally quite content, we like mediocrity.

Everything is just ok really

The worst problems here are the lack of natural resources, overcrowding, difficulty in updating vital victorian infrastructure and 50s/60s urban planning/monstrosities.
Also immigrants, labour's huge debts and high taxes to pay for both , 20%VAT and individual taxes absolutely ruins cost of living, we still are generally quite happy but thats no reason not to complain

how is it a property bubble?

I love meal deals, this bender is trying too hard to be clever

when ireland gives you bants about terrorist attacks lul

I am sorry that my English father fucked a foreigner and produced me. I apologise on his behalf, it was out of my hands

if your father is English then you're English

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
British sure, anyone can be British but I'll never be English

desuarchive.org/int/thread/71124081/#71124081

>if your father is English then you're English

noice digits m8

sextuples don't lie

>if your father is English then you're English

Those were my digits btw, my mother is Filipino and my father is English I had to double post for this utter stupidity

GOOD post

Even a liberal like me can't even deny that

IMMIGRANTS

B T F O
T
F
O

I T T
T
T

ABSOLUTE

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

he was explaining memes tbf

Because the house prices are becoming so high that soon nobody will be able to buy any of them

Reminder that the top wealth earn their share directly in stock and other holdings, Income is marginal in European states

Foreigners BTFO