Hey Sup Forums, i have a problem and i need you help

Hey Sup Forums, i have a problem and i need you help.

This is my old Sony Xperia S, and it doesn't work anymore. I have a lot of pics in the memory, but i can't get to it because its into the device, not in an SD card or anything.
There are serious nudes inside of an old friend (i'm serious), and i want them back. If anybody can help me, I will post them here.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is what happens when i try to turn it on.

Ok doesn't work this gif, sorry.

Holy kek I had this phone. Was good at first but turned to complete garbage after and pissed me off so much.
Connect it to ur computer via USB then access the files.

I tried already, i can only access to the files if the phone turns on, and it doesn't. I mean, it starts turning on but crash and restart again.

Have u tried hard reset?

What do you mean?

When phone don't start normally, a hard reset usually does it.

All right i'm gonna try something i just read in a webpage

I had this phone a long time ago. I believe if you hold the volume button and power button at the same time(till it shuts off) it will hard reset.

I already tried that, and it didn't work

Damn, I guess all hope of getting them nudes is lost. I know that feel bro.

Holding volume down + power will start bootloader. You can dump the phone's internal memory over USB in it but you need fastboot (it's part of Android SDK) and unless you use Linux, also some 3rd-party application that will be able to read the dumped memory.

If it doesn't turn on at all, you can dump the memory with JTAG but you need to get JTAG programmer and learn how to use it.

I'm trying Flashtool, let's see if it works

Since windows has anniversary update you can probably run it in the Linux subsystem
The update was for people to be able to code for Android on Windows

What drivers i need to install?

fastboot works directly in Windows but Windows doesn't have ext4 (filesystem) driver and (if the phone's memory was encrypted) doesn't support dm-crypt. So it can dump the memory but not read it.

The drivers for fastboot are part of the Android SDK or you can download them from here:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

IIRC Total Commander has some plugin to read ext4 filesystems.

Boot to recovery, then adb pull your stuff.

Ok i'll try this

I have a similar probem with my galaxy s2, it wont boot and when I try connecting it to my computer in download mode to reflash it with odin windows says that the device has malfunctioned and it wont connect. I tryed a hard factory reset first and that didn't work.

>S2

Nigga take that phone back to 2008 KEK

Still bettrr than this ZTE bullshit im running

it was a good phone untill it failed, it did what I needed it too plus I'm broke as shit so yeah kinda need to get it fixed regardless of its age :-/