Is it okay to like a band or an artist despite the horrible things they have done?

Is it okay to like a band or an artist despite the horrible things they have done?

>inb4 separate art from the artist meme

Yes. Seriously. Stop this meme.

This is a meme? I was just trying to see what other people think because I believe that this a topic that's quite debatable.

yes but lostprophets have always been absolute shit

It was never okay to like Lostprophets.

It's only internally debatable, are YOU ok with it? You can do whatever you want.

On one hand, worrying about everything an artist does (or anyone providing anything really) will leave you with nothing. You're always going to find something abhorrent if you dig deep enough. On the other hand, being attached to a band and suddenly discovering it was led by a child molester can make it impossible for some people to ever enjoy their work again. Either way it's up to you.

bamp

isn't an issue for me at all, but it affects how much I support the artist or say I like them to friends

Do your own thesis. Use your own thoughts.

Not that one.

/thread

Lostprophets consisted of people other than Ian Curtis. Just because Ian was fucked in the head doesn't mean the rest of the band was.

kek, please don't delete this post

and yet the band always sucked

>I care about things
NU MALE
U

M
A
L
E

Not if it's Lostprophets.

logically yes, the rest of the band shouldn't be held responsible for what the singer did, and his lyrics don't promote it either
socially no, if people ever found out that you listened to them you'd get weird looks and you'd get associated with being a kiddie fiddler
musically no, lostprophets sucked ass and I don't mean that literally

>and his lyrics don't promote it either
go and re-read some lostprophets lyrics. he's written a ton of (bad) songs about hiding dark secrets and having little remorse for them

its like a scale though and it varies from band to band, but it should be pretty easy with lostprophets. shit band vs babyfucking. not a hard decision.