ITT: Times the "critics" were wrong

ITT: Times the "critics" were wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HNDdUK9X2RE
youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc
youtube.com/watch?v=_-SS1QleuAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ITT: OP is a misogynistic man-child and a DC cuck.

triggered nu-male marvelcuck detected

Haha, yeah, I know. Ghostbusters is shit.

Suicide Squad is also shit. It's just that hating capeshit isn't seen as a political statement, which is why critics can be honest when they assess Suicide Watch.

Both movies are shit, plain and simple.

>op hasnt even seen ghostbusters

all ghostbusters were meh

>thinking the first Ghostbusters was meh

Are you autistic?

Modern critics are subject to social engineering. These films were basically critically panned because they didn't follow the social trends around them at the time. Why? Because they tried something new.

>Fight Club
>The Shining
>Trainspotting
>Predator
>Apocalypse Now
>Fantasia
>Dazed and Confused
>Terminator
>Fear and Loathing
>Mallrats
>Psycho
>It's a Wonderful Life
>Dredd
>Blade Runner
>The Graduate
>The Wizard of Oz

ok there must be some anti-dc warner bros conspiracy right??

there has to be

Nope, just good old social engineering. There's an environment right now where a critic would be risking their credibility to give a good review to DC films.

more like a nu-male liberal media bias

>Fight Club
>critically panned

>mfw they actually use Ghostbusters as a tentpole of good cinema while trashing Suicide Squad.

Why are you comparing the Ghostbusters remakes? We all know that Squad is the better Ghostbusters movie

Critics didn't change their tune in regards to Fight Club until it begun to get a cult following around 2001, even Ebert had to address it.

Nope, just good old shitty movies. There's an environment right now in WB studios and they're just incapable of making anything good.

None of those movies were panned, at worst they got mixed reviews.

Pretty sure the big daddy of them all, Citizen Kane literally the Citizen Kane of films was critically panned as well

After going to prison, the group establish a paranormal investigation and elimination service known as "Task Force X".

Waller warns them never to cross her, as this could cause a catastrophic explosion. They lose Enchantress, after her heart is stolen from specially built containment unit in Waller's basement. As paranormal activity increases in the city, they hire a new member, Captain Boomerang, to cope with demand.

June Moone, is haunted by a demonic spirit, a demigod worshiped by a servant she's a Sumerian shape-shifting god of destruction. Flagg takes a particular interest in the case.

Both demons speak of the coming of the destruction and the release an undead army, and the Suicide Squad take steps to keep the two apart.

Waller is captured. The Suicide Squad are released by Flagg. Enchantress' voice echoes that the best outcome will follow, taking a form of visions chosen by the team.
The squad bust the Incubus demon.

The SS cross their proton pack energy streams (reversing the particle flow) and fire them against Enchantress' portal; the explosion defeats her, releasing June from her possession. The squad then gets rewards for a job well done.

If this sounds familiar click this...
youtube.com/watch?v=HNDdUK9X2RE

That's right it's the best version of the year of that movie. Fuck Sony.

I think it's the way modern critics tend to try and behave more like bloggers than reviewers, so they model their statements on Internet discourse that they don't realise is hyberbolic and not appropriate for a film review.

BvS, for instance, is a solid 6/10, but the critics will engage in a discourse that is designed to resonate with the clickbait generation. Writing "Batman v Superman is worse than cancer and is responsible for world hunger" will net you more clicks (and revenue) than "Batman v Superman has tone and pacing issues, but there are some good touches and there is potential for a solid film franchise"

Suicide Squad wasn't good. Get over it.

Ghostbusters wasn't good, either, but it had a coherent story line and pacing.

it wasn't you capeshit drone

18+

>BvS, for instance, is a solid 6/10

It wasn't panned by critics, but by papers owned by RWH.

That's Suicide Squad was Ghostbusters

Doubles confirmed

>

why we care about capeshit for god sake

Okay, so why don't the critics agree with you on Ghostbusters then, retard? Why is that, moron? How come, fuckface? What's the deal, cuntass? Hmmm, dickbreath?

Critics were paid by Sony

youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc

So how come critics gave Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 positive reviews and didn't admit they were crap until years later?

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

BASED Armond does it again.

But what is Kino? Apocalypse?

Critics were paid by Disney.

If the people on rotten tomato's are critics then i'm a fucking astronaut

If people really are being paid, why didn't Suicide Squad get better reviews? How come no one paid those critics for it?

You're retards.

Now this is real critic. fair, unbiased and a masterful understanding of film not like these old liberal social engineered hacks.

i haven't even seen the movie yet, but if Armond says it's good, then it's good. FACT.

Because the WB would rather win honestly and by merit. You cuckboy.

LOL I love Planes Trains and Automobiles! Remember the part when the fat guy does all those zany things and the skinny straight man is all upset because his trip keeps getting worse! HAHAHA! Then he gets home and everything is fine and he made a friend?!

>tfw reading a review from the master of kino and he does it again

woah are you implying you have taste in film?

is based armond the only critic who isn't paid off?

What a bunch of garbage. You're a fucking idiot.

What makes WB more honest? Nothing. They're all the same. This site is 18+ fuck off.

>tfw none of you are realizing Suicide Squad is the same movie as Ghostbusters the 80's version.

Because Disney paid for bad reviews and they have a lot more money than WB.

Are you implying rotten tomatoes has taste in film?

>implying I'm a child, implying you're not a pickled porthole pirate who likes to eat da poo poo. Go suck your dad's dick.

You clearly didn't understand PT&A.

>tfw critics unironically think thor is better than watchmen

fucking really? how the fuck do they expect to be taken seriously?

Stop blaming Rotten Tomatoes, you goddamn braindead fuckstick. They're an aggregator of reviews, they don't give reviews themselves. They take reviews from everywhere and lump them all together on one site.

This is like contracting an STD then trying to get the hospital to fire the Doctor who told you contracted the STD.

But Watchmen is fucking garbage

>rotten tomatoes has taste

are you legit retarded? that's not how it works

You're right about nearly every one except trainspotting, critics sucked its dick like mad

Shut your dirty mouth

Watchmen is the greatest superhero movie ever made

No other cape shit can come close to the kino that is watchman

Liar liar, pants for hire.

He's using outdated terminology. Strange is Kino.

Cinema is another word for a movie theater.

No you're thinking of IMDB

Rotten Tomatoes has clear bias on who they want as """""critics"""" and promote reviews they deem worthy

It's still the second best capeshit ever (but still doesn't hold a candle to the comic book)

even you posted a picture of the far superior comic

Fuck the critics

This makes me mad every time I think about it

Very, very fucking wrong. GB16 was about as mediocre a film as I can imagine. SS was thoroughly entertaining.

excuse me, fair rational opinions aren't welcome here

shitposting only

are you?

again woah are you implying you have taste in film?

Watchmen had quite the number of flaws and was a vastly inferior movie if you hadn't already read the comic.

If it had been a Netflix-style 12 episode season, instead, it would have been breathtaking, probably.

"top critics"

No, you just have shit taste

watchmen was shit though

>Watchmen is the greatest superhero movie ever made
is not you stupid mongoloid just like Snyder you missed the point entirely

Gets me every time youtube.com/watch?v=_-SS1QleuAs

This one has me frothing with anger

Please tell me this is shooped.

Wh...wh...why is Mallrats on this list?

People don't understand what RT's rating means at the best of times, but it's been out of control lately. 26% isn't a direct measure of quality. It means one in four critics gave it a thumbs up.

RT can never be "wrong". It's a measure of reactions, not of whether or not those reactions were retarded.

The Ghostbustrrs reviews were motivated by feminist agenda.

And you know. You don't HAVE to agree with critics

I agree with you, expect 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' is a 4/10 at best

In my country both of these movies scored below average. 2/5

American ''''''''((((((((critics)))))))''''''''' are a shit.

I haven't read the comic and I thought it was pretty good. I know about the squid thing and the pirates though. What else is there?

I watched the new ghostbusters online. The problem is that the movie should really be ranked a 4/10. It tries to cash in on an old franchise with an attitude of "throw as much shit at the wall as you can and hope some humor sticks" unsuccessfully. The movie also has horrible CGI and was absolutely butchered in editing (it lost 30-50% in length which means certain developments never occur but the rest of the film has obvious holes due to this).

I think a lot of critics gave it a barely passable positive rating to avoid the shitfit that Sony tried to create over misogyny. Roper gave it a bad review and caught so much shit over it.

Critics never admitted to disliking Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 and those movies are perfectly fine blockbusters.

Well in each issue you've for extra world building material, like a school report by a young Rorschach where he thinks the use of the atomic bomb was justified since it ended the war, an opinion he came to completely oppose later in life, as well as other stuff.

But you've also got meta shit, like how issue 5 is completely symmetrical and all kinds historical references.

What you've got to keep in mind that while the plot seems kinda standard for our time, when it was released it was incredibly avant garde and revolutionized comic books

Harley :3

lol they were panned at their time you fucking child

phbbtttt.

I feel that these DC films will be looked at more fondly 10 years from now. I like Marvel, too, but they're playing it way too safe and formulaic.

That's different how?

After a long thought, I have decided, that Suicide Squad might actually be even worse than Ghostbusetrs.

We give Zack a lot of shit...but this is 100% bullshit.
When did the ''''''''critics'''''''' started to hate him this much?

I like that...i mean its unnecesary as fuck, but it an ok Bourne movie.
Is Vikander movie poison, bros?

>mfw a movie i wanted to be bad is good and a movie i wanted to be good is bad
despite not seeing either I conclude that the SJWs are behind this

>ITT: Times the "critics" were bribed
FTFY

>You know his name
Also the reason this flick was made