/cbb/ College Hoops General

No thread in the catalog. UCLA/Kentucky in about an hour on CBS.

This game should be fun. Both teams play fast as hell.

I think ucla is gonna get run out of the gym tho. Well unless they knock down like 20 3s

Early morning hoops, neat.

Kentucky 110
UCLA 80

I wish I could go to the Valpo-UK game on the 7th.

go cats

I've been shitting on UCLA all season. I'm not about to stop today.

tfw going to the hofstra game on the 11th

;)

>people actually watch college basketball before march madness?

For what purpose? You guys like watching a team full of white people dribble, pass the ball around and brick shots?

xd

>all these turnovers
WAKE ME UP

Alford teams cannot play a half court offense against a competent defense. Been saying this all goddamn week.

>John Wooden thread finally died

Much like the real John Wooden, that took a long time.

UCLA is looking better than I expected.

>this fire alarm going off in the middle of the Wisconsin Oklahoma game

i can see why everyone hates UK fans/bandwagoners. everyone is whining about calls and UCLA being lucky already lmao. both teams have the same exact FTA. that kentucky edumacation

and as i type this, UK now has more FTA

>b-but, UCLA r-refball!!

While what you say about Kentucky fans is true, number of FTA's being the same isn't very meaningful as the rate at which teams foul varies dramatically

>UCLA being lucky already
I do think that Kentucky has had more missed opportunities this far but I wouldn't classify it as "luck"

I was doubting UCLA's ability to execute set plays, especially during their spurt of turnovers, but I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about UCLA. God fucking dammit

lonzo ball has been playing as bad as you can possibly play and ucla still up by 4 at the half. this one is gonna be ucla by blowout. UK aint shit and cal is a meme recruiter and not a coach

xd

#BBN fan crying over here.

>We were the chosen ones!

xd

Hmmm

as he types this xd, uk down 9

I'll admit it. UCLA is looking much better than expected. I'll still contend that, going into this game, I had no reason to believe they'd be able to execute offensively against a defense with the capability of matching position by position, but this game is telling me that I was wrong.

Fuck. I don't think Arizona can beat this UCLA team unless Trier is cleared to play

Lmao underrated thread. Seeing Kensuckey fans reactions when they find out their team isn't good. Priceless

xd

UCLA only beat Nebraska by 11. What the fuck is going on?

i know they kind of go insane

exhibit A:

anibogu healthier

I urge everyone to look at the last thread in the archive and read Lex pretending to be an analyst regarding UCLA's chances.

He only has 4 more points now than he did vs Nebraska!! He is not the reason we're doing awful.

>points are the only thing a person does on the floor

>we

Anigbogu vs Nebraska- 2 Pts 2 Rbs
Anigbogu vs Kensucky- 6 Pts 5Rbs

Yup, that's it that's why Kentucky is losing. Lol. Your team is garbage get over it.

wasn't kentucky supposed to win this 110-80 or something?

i'm a ucla fan you retard

I want to believe that Kentucky is garbage and UCLA isn't actually this good

he's not a retard, only from kansas

UCLA doesn't really seem to know what they're doing, kentucky even worse

Ucla is actually going to pull this off

Get hype

ucla shooting more than 55% as a team and more than half of their made FGs are assisted

>doesn't seem to know what they're doing

UK fans just used to spearchucking monkeyball and not actual sets and plays

Rock chalk

>Beating the number 1 team in the country, on the road, and their point guard had an awful first half
>T-they're not actually good

ABUCLA is a mental disorder lel

ucla needs to stop jacking shots so early in the playclock. don't they know how to have a lead and keep it?

It's literally just Alford thinking he's curry

>UK fans just used to spearchucking monkeyball and not actual sets and plays
That has been UCLA for 3 years under Alford. This is one of the few times I've seen them able to distribute the ball and create high % consistently.

>number one team
>losing at home
yeah, thats a problem with the ratings, not a suggestion that your team is good

all these bricks

>brick
>turnover

PRAISE KEK

>ucla trying to lose so they don't have all the pressure for the rest of the season
>kentucky unable to take the win

kek

Kentucky is full of dumbasses.

What are the "good" teams this year to you?

Not Kentucky. Kek

I'm not saying your team isn't good, just that if a team's losing at home should be called the number one team

western kentucky, notre dame

Are you saying that Notre Dame would booty blast both of these teams?

Here comes the Kentucky refball

I guarantee it

Seriously?

kentucky just gets a bunch of overly athletic chimps

they're not smart players

>69

niiiiice, all part of the plan

UCLA wants these rebounds more.

>divewood

>tenacious defense

>this lack of defense
>all this spaghetti
>these are supposed to be the top teams in the nation

Kentucky can't call themselves an all time great program if they can't beat fucking ucla. Sad.

>briscoe
how were these monkeys ranked #1?

That wasn't at home though

teams with bear mascots are clearly a major threat to teams from cantucky

LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED BRUINS

U

Fuck off, faggot

Oklahoma's really falling apart against Wisconsin

the fire alarm did it

Just a bad shooting game wise from UK, if >we would have the exact same fg% we would've won by 10, BUT UCLA was the better team today, hats off to UCLA fags.

>ruins

Why doesn't Kentucky just quit. Fucking try hard faggots. It's impossible to win at this point

Good lord this """"Lonzo Ball"""" kid is ugly.

>all these Kentucky fans leaving

Make your free throws kids

>giving kentucky fans one last bit of hope before taking it away

kek nice job

Suck my dick you inbred KY faggots. West coast beat coast. California is the GOAT basketball state

Reminder if you are a Kentucky fan you're a huge fucking faggot

>>"Look Im not saying UCLA isnt good or isnt a worthy adversary of Kentucky or doesnt have a shot to win. Im just saying that on paper thusfar and in several intangible ways Kentucky is clearly better."

>California is the GOAT basketball state
That's a funny way of spelling North Carolina you Wooden-wannabe

heh

California should be fucking glassed. Terrible state. I hope you fucking hippies end up going through with Calexit so Arizona can inflate the fuck out of the water prices going into your state.

15 > 12

HAHAHA FUCK YOU KENTUCKY FAGGOTS. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL ARKANSAS, FLORIDA AND SOUTH CAROLINA EXPOSE YOU IN THE SEC

And Vanderbilt, Mizzou, and LSU

>he thinks north Carolina is the GOAT basketball """state"""

You have one team faggot. And then there's the hornets.

California has the best cbb program to ever exist in ucla, and we also have the Lakers and the currently rising warriors.

Don't forget USC, sdsu, and cal either you low educated redneck.

inb4 spike in Louisville merchandise sales

I'm usually a UK fan, but I guess i'll have to cheer for my Cards this year. Hopefully a team from KY wins the championship at least.

UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, and that's not even touching the mid major programs.

>the currently rising warriors
You mean the team whose star player played high school and college ball in North Carolina?

I'm responding to a troll, aren't I?

do you really want to go into discussing what state produces the best players through high school?

If you're going to use an NBA team in a thread about /cbb/, it's absolutely worth pointing out that the star player from the NBA team in question is from the state of North Carolina

kensucky lost? aahahahahaha their fans here seemed so confident yesterday, what happened?

Fuck you you redneck piece of shit, pick one uni and cheer for it

Guys, remember when Kentucky literally thought they would win every game but got blown the fuck out by Wisconsin?

>Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake Forest
>ACTUALLY trying to discredit the Kings of Tobacco Road
>historically great all the way back to the 1950's
>trying to ignore Coach K, Everett Case, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Norman Sloan, etc.
>trying to ignore the monumental talent that played in NC like Jordan, Curry, Paul, Parker, Irving, etc.
>bringing up pro teams in a /cbb/ thread
Go count the number of players on your precious GSW and Clippers faggot, where did they come from/where did they play in college?

this guy gets it