Is Coldplay just Radiohead if they went commercial and press friendly?

As if after Pablo Honey they just did Lift 1-12 and brightened up the lyrics

>Is Coldplay just Radiohead if they went commercial and press friendly?
Radiohead is Radiohead if they went commercial and press friendly.

hell naw.. coldplay sucks purple cockroach balls

On a podcast I listen to someone said that Radiohead in their prime did the opposite of what was popular in the mainstream whereas Coldplay always chased after what was popular in the mainstream after it already happened which I think is accurate

Coldplay must really fucking suck then, huh

It's funny because literally every Radiohead album was firmly in the mainstream, got airplay on mainstream outlets, and sold millions of copies in mainstream music stores.

Coldplay's early stuff is a radiohead rip off very thinly veiled with a pop/commercial sheen. Then as time went by coldplay really dug a hole into a commercial hellhole and started releasing shit after shit

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Coldplay: radiohead for normies, thoms better looking cousin named chris sells out

Muse: coldplay for le wrong generation, radiohead meets queen and pink floyd

this

Listen to High and Dry and tell me that is not a Coldplay song. Hell, The Bends is a Coldplay album.

Have you ever even listened to a Coldplay album?

It's mainly because of their %bandname-that-has-critically-acclaimed-experimental-rock-albums%

yep

>Britpop = Coldplay

It's one of the weakest songs from The Bends along with Nice Dream but it doesn't really sounds like coldplay apart from Thom's singing.

>radiohead is this deep, avant garde band
holy fuck feel free to shoot yourself in the face anytime

>weak songs
>Nice Dream
(Nice Meme)

Coldplay is just Radiohead if Thom wasn't a depressed asshole.

That's why RH seems more edgy and dark even though both of them are just pop bands.

>He doesn't like Nice Dream

>Radiohead isn't commercial pop
Lel

Stop acting like Radiohead isn't a pop band, even they know they are. Coldplay is if Radiohead kept making Pablo Honey. Forgettable, boring, forgettable trash

And u2?

Yeah, pretty much, once upon a time. "Yellow" was a great Radiohead song for Pablo Honey or The Bends.

Then they diverged as Coldplay went for cash and Radiohead for hipster

radiohead is already really floyd though

muse is more like queen + jimi hendrix for le guitar distortion

What am I missing ? Why does everyone love Radiohead ? Thom's a terrible singer and their music just isn't interesting. They're not experimental but they're not accessible enough to just enjoy as a guilty pleasure. They're just dry and boring

So this is the power of Sup Forums...

Nice try completely ignoring their neat chord changes, use of effects (like the solo on Go To Sleep), guitar interplay, memorable melodies, bass riffs and electronic influences on their music. Hell, I'm not the biggest Radiohead fan out there, but calling them "boring" just reeks of either ignorance or contrarianism.

>t-they used synths! in rock music!
The absolute madmen!

because they're good jackoff
turns out people will pay for music if they like it enough

>queen
>and pink floyd
>in one sentence, beside each other

gr8 taste m8

yes, and you're about 17 years late on making that connection