last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lennon did nothing wrong

He beat his wife though

lol

Doesn't excuse the fact that he beat his wife

no one said it did. the post is still relevant.

>lennon did nothing wrong
>nothing
weird way to spell 'everything', user

i wish lennon would punch grimes in the mouth

>weird way to spell 'everything', user
weird way to say "I'm a fucking retard," user

>weird way to say "I'm a fucking retard," user
wird way to say "thanks for opening my eyes, user, the Beatles really were a steaming pile of shit and Lennon truly was the worst log of this doodoo pile", user

I seriously don't get why she's so controversial on here

yoko probably cheated on him and he hit her only once, and feminist translator got a hold of that info

he was a bad artist with an overinflated ego, a plagiarist and and a liar
beating his wife was just logical
it's just the cherry on top

whad a big cade :DDD

i love her so much

>wird way to say "thanks for opening my eyes, user, the Beatles really were a steaming pile of shit and Lennon truly was the worst log of this doodoo pile", user
weird way to say "Start listening to hip hop," user

good for you to be a used pawn from a far away distance

you don't understand what is love

i used to

grimes is really loved elsewhere, though. thankfully Sup Forums was never relevant in the grand scheme of things.

>artist
>grimes

DID YOU GUYS KNOW JOHN LENNON BEAT HIS WIFE?????

ALSO THAT LED ZEPPELIN PLAGIARIZED THEIR SONGS?????

sure

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 19
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

half those "skills" are the same thing
look i think grimes is great but you're making her out to be bigger than she really is
just enjoy her music without having to worship the artist, it's what I do and it's what most normal people do.

true

fucking kek at this post

DONT INSULT JOSHLER
You just dont GET IT CAUSe YOU DUMB

>half those "skills" are the same thing
seriously? how is dancing the same as producing or sound engineering the same as singing?

>look i think grimes is great but you're making her out to be bigger than she really is
i didn't make anything. this is what she is. those are confirmed skills, like it or not.

Due to the culture of rampant contrarianism on this board, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "like" something is when the thing in question isn't good enough to be worth hating. Likewise, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "hate" something is when the thing in question IS good enough to be worth hating (Because - to paraphrase James Brooks - people throw rocks at things that shine because things that shine are easier to see.)

For an artist, being universally loved on /mu is a bad sign. Likewise being universally hated on /mu is a bad sign. However being simultaneously strongly loved AND strongly hated by /mu is a wonderful sign, since the size of that dichotomy itself is the closest thing this place has to offer to a true judgment of artistic value.

The proof that Grimes IS a great artist (insofar as /mu hive-mind opinion is concerned) lies in the fact that she has the POWER TO DIVIDE this place. Only the greatest artists can do that.

nothing more to be added.

/thread

thanks

some people are mad because grimes is so talented, beautiful and generous. they're jealous that she's so much better than them.

she won't go out with me though? well fuck you lesbian

>people throw rocks at things that shine
you mean Taylor Swift yes?

Go be a faggot somewhere else.

>proving the point
Btw this phenomenon isn't just true for Grimes. It's true for ANY artist of significant worth who routinely gets discussed here.

it may have become cliche to say but that doesn't make it wrong, you know?

>literally everyone on Sup Forums worships kanye
Hmm...

I'm a grimes fan by people who copy pasta this over and over kind of irritate me. We don't need to explain everything, everytime about why we like her. It's not going to convince anyone else. Objectively, people either enjoy her music or they do not. They don't have to care that she does all that stuff behind the scenes. It doesn't contribute to their enjoyment any more than someone else who gets everything auto tuned.

People just want to listen to music.

>people who copy pasta this over and over kind of irritate me.
why? quite many Sup Forums users believe she's a hack. we must popularize her achievements and the fact she's actually awesome. even if those who hate her will keep doing that, at least they will learn that they're dealing with an outstanding artist.

i followed her threads for quite some time and i noticed that previously there were way more people that hated and made fun of her. her haters are very vocal but even they can't hide the fact that grimes' reputation grew up a lot since 2012. slowly but surely she will be a legend.

>Skills
model

That's not a skill tho.

Everything else sure but that's the same as saying chess is a sport.

its all the same person lol
he used to spam autistic lists about st vincent too before he moved on to his next flavor of the month that only gets buzz in his third world shithole years after everyone else is over it

>Italian descent
that explains the moustache

>not knowing how copypastas work
>being this naive