Also not a feels thread

Also not a feels thread

Also am I the only one over 30 who is pretty sure they are going to die from it

>inb4 over 30 on Sup Forums

reporting in

Welcome fellow drunkard

not drunk at present, still working. will be soon though.

I have some hope that my liver will hold out, dad's still hasn't failed and he was drinking as much as me at this age.

Right? I'm a country boy. Everyone I know has been drinking from a very early age and all the old timers are still kicking just fine...

And sorry bout work but at least your making money

that's the same situation I'm in. entire family on both sides are heavy drinkers for their whole lives, and all still going strong.

injuring myself while drunk or obsesity from all the alcohol is probably a higher risk.

yeah decent money, keeps me in booze.

I agree. I drink a lot and that's not bragging. My girlfriend brought it to my attention when she threw a 30pk of beer at me and said literally gone in under 20 hours. Fortunately I'm not obese at 31 and I've got a lifestyle that keeps me very active at work and home.......minus fridays...Fridays I game all day long drinking copius amounts of alcohol haha

I'm 29 and figured it would kill me eventually. Not medical reasons, just doing something stupid while blacked out.

Around 25 I started getting very fucking bad hangovers with nausea that lasted 4-5 days. It still happens and I had to stop drinking completely. It even happens if I only have a few beers, my body has completely stopped accepting booze.

fucking sucks, r i p

Selfish bump cause I want outside opinions from some fellow Sup Forumstards

Rip hom/b/re

I have never had a nausea issue throughout my years of drinking and I think that might compound my issues with drinking more. My body is so capable of it..it's going to get me killed

I have a question for a fellow drinker.

Do you make your own or do you buy it?
How much do you pay to make/buy it and how much fluid oz and alcohol concentration?

I have yet to make my own but my family has made a lot of moonshine and I have a lot of friends who make it. Honestly none of them are very good at it and don't pay attention to content by volume. So you always have to be careful. Usually it's by taste. You can tell which jars you should shy away from.

Disclaimer here avoid anything over 40 proof if you can't drink...heavy drinkers avoid 80s and above if you have no control..anyone who claims to have 100 proof tell them to fuck off and walk away

Also I have friends who make wine and micro beers. Where I live that is a huge market but as far as recipes I couldn't tell you. I am interested in brewing myself

Making it is really cheap. I usually make it with any type of fruit juice and I can get 10-15% concentration in 64 oz and I only pay $1.50.

Oh I know it's cheap. I honestly just haven't done it yet only enough. It's really cool that you do. Do you bathtub it or do you actually buy stainless and keep it classy

Sorry if I'm slow on response I'm watching some boxing

No. I just
>buy a fruit juice
>drink some
>add a couple cups of sugar
>shake it
>add yeast
>shake it again
>cut hole in lid
>put a condom with a small hole over the top.

It's pretty effective for what it is if you let it ferminate fully.

That's a brutal jungle juice combination. Effective but more of a locked up method than actual home brewing. Not going to lie its impressive that you have it down sciemtifically

It kind of is but you can also add different things to it and customize your flavor. I have some raspberry syrup that I'm going to try out on it after my batch is finished.

Was meant for

I like your style honestly. My grandfather used to make a potatoe strawberry mash whiskey that was like nothing I've ever had. Sounds horrible but it was good and I was to young to know how it was made but my cousins kept a few jars for our family reunion

I got it. Pretty sure we're the only two holding it down

>>inb4 over 30 on Sup Forums
I'm 41 bro.

.. what is it you're going to die from, exactly? Alcoholism? I was dying from that when I was younger than you, quit alcohol and drugs when I was 27.

it is feasible.

That sounds good. I may actually try to make that one day.

Also..does anyone else have a really good job that pays well?

>inb4 you can have a good job that pays shit

Most of my best (favorite) jobs paid shit

Come on Sup Forumsro anyone how drinks this heavy knows alcoholism isn't the exact reason you die..it's the cancers/liver disease/cardiac arrest/gastrointestinal problems..list goes on and on..allthe things that are an early death result of over moderation

Side note...good for. I'm just not ready yet

If liver failure doesn't kill me, a bullet through the heart will.

Well ya that'll do it.

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME

Should a seen that comin

No chance of recovery.

26 here. Trying to do the same thing. I have switched to weed, but that makes me feel like a complete retard, and it's obvious when I smoke it. I still consider it progress, in the sense that I'm not fucking myself up as badly. How did you quit drugs and alcohol, user?

I award you ....dubs

yes, alcohol causes whatever shit that eventually causes death etc... but, alcoholism is caused by something else, and that -the root cause- is what you need to pin down, and eradicate if you want to live.

you will be, eventually, you will be. I just pray it won't be too late.

Ya I used this excuse when I quit smoking...by switching to chewing. Been chewing for over 10 years now.

Bright side..haven't had a cigarette in 10 years

WHEN DIDO CAPTCHA GET SO INTENSE

>I have switched to weed
you're treating the symptom, not the ailment itself. Sooner or later, you'll return to booze again.
>How did you quit drugs and alcohol, user?
after I was resuscitated from clinical death for the second time, I joined Alcoholics Anonymous and got a sponsor, who took me through the steps. It worked.

I've always said when I have kids shit will change but sorry user...God will have nothing to do with it or AA

I'm not going to bash you at all for getting yourself sober user......but it won't work for me.

>inb4 no feels thread...
Fucking feels thread

What do you do for work Sup Forumsro

>.God will have nothing to do with it or AA
then what does? will power? if having kids is not enough motivation to quit, then what is?

maybe God can help, maybe God doesn't even exist, maybe it doesn't matter on fuck either way if you're not willing to try anything, even God and the holy farts of AA.

>but it won't work for me
how do you know that?
>What do you do for work Sup Forumsro
I'm a night guard at at a secured housing facility.

I don't believe in God. Not in the bible sense anyways and I've been to AA...I'm telling you those people are fucking jackholes. But if it works for some people than great. The point that of the thread wasn't how to quit it was more to see how certain people deal with their alcoholism

Certain things are certain. I know I will never use imagery or someone else's guidance to obtain a specific path in life. I'll do it all on my own when I want

N,n dimethyltryptamine

Aa doesn't require a god just a higher power to answer to, someone something to hold you accountable

Right now I'm kind of thinking that drinking too much alcohol will help me to drink less alcohol.

Right now I'm thinking this thread has been derailed by a troll.

Well done

So true

>I don't believe in God. Not in the bible sense anyways
neither do I, but I started believing that love exists as a fundamental, omnipresent and omnipotent and communicating power and that I could surrender myself to that. Once that thought settled, I didn't need religion or even opposition to religion. Clearness and serenity followed.
>I'm telling you those people are fucking jackholes
I know, I thought exactly that, too. But the thing is, people within AA ain't much different than those outside, some are asshats and some are not -it's your focus that decides which ones are getting your attention.
>The point that of the thread wasn't how to quit it was more to see how certain people deal with their alcoholism
I dealt with it by quitting, most other alcoholics deal with it by succumbing to it and dying -and being miserable in the meantime.

My happiness is derived by the receipt of affection, from external parties. Parties, that I am in no control over, and who, on account of, suffer misery.

I realize that I am my own ultimate power, but my lack of self-love marginalizes my ability to perceive hope.

Cause people can't ever be accountable for their own actions

Cheers user

>I'll do it all on my own when I want
Godspeed user, for whatever it's worth.

>Right now I'm kind of thinking that drinking too much alcohol will help me to drink less alcohol
it sure will, if it kills you.

Your alright user. If you want to believe that quiting drinking is your way of living that's fine. Someday I might follow suit. Who knows. I was simply saying AA and religion ain't gonna be my way

whatever your way may be, I hope you find it. All I'm saying here, is that AA exists, and has helped innumerable alcoholics throughout the years attaining sobriety. I could work for you too, I doubt that you're that different from them, in the end.

Check'd for ya

thnxm8

37, and I'm pretty sure it's time for me to put the bottle down again for a few years. Back when I was enlisted I spent two years drunk, then had to stop entirely because of the health issues. Then later a few years into college I found it fun again without the painful side effects. Later a few years of that I wasn't able to afford booze, so again a few years off to recover was in order anyway. I've been hitting the sauce pretty hard again these last few years because I could afford it and never had any real trouble, but after my last bender I spent 2 days with an irregular heartbeat and anxiety bad enough to make breathing difficult, so it's probably time to quit again. I'll just have to make sure I live long enough for my kids to be grown before I let the bottle claim me.

Would it be too obvious if I shaved my hipster friends head? Since I'm the only in my circle who actively roasts his haircut?

>Would it be too obvious if I shaved my hipster friends head?
he'd prolly notice that, yeah.