Shin Godzilla

So, not a single jap has uploaded a screener on something? Is there anyway to watch it without having to travel to japan?
Im dying over here guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7LBi3kLa5t0&list=PL_Bg39cb6VXImKhiTQEB6vUwfPg1vjGD9&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=lMdG-MkA3X8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih5L5LM2t6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've seen it. It's even worse than BvS

Like i give a fuck, i just want to see it, the design is fucking great, and they are praising it in japan

>the design is fucking great

You're a pleb if you consider that great design

Not OP, but I like this Godzilla more than the recent American one. That was trash. The thing about this one that almost ruins it for me is the tail. Shit's comically large.

What's so wrong about it, i prefer it 100 times over the 2014 one, that one was a mix between an obese and depressed indian mixed with an aligator. This one actually feels deformed and scary. It's also not animated like a generic CG monster, it feels uncanny.

His legs/hips are massive tho. It's a bullshit design and you know it.

He's alright

Also he has a monotit or lung cancer

Its a bit exagerated but it would look even more stupid with normal thighs.
Don't insult the monotit man that looks rad

I don't know, could be worse. It's got a lot going for it though in my opinion. I'd see it.

>Japanese pop culture site RO65 called the film a "masterpiece of unprecedented filmmaking", feeling that the film retains a "strong respect for the fundamental message within Godzilla".[44][43] Oricon Style praised directors Hideaki Anno's and Shinji Higuchi's realistic approach and the film's reality vs. idealism themes, calling the film a "world class" Godzilla film.[45][43] Cinema Today called the film a "thrilling experience" and a "masterpiece", feeling that the film was a return to form similar to 2004's Dawn of the Dead.[46][43] Kazuo Ozaki from Eiga.com praised the film as well, stating, "Hollywood, even with all its money, can’t approach this kind of perfection"[15] while Koichi Irikura from Cinema Today called it a "birth of a masterpiece that boldly announces the revival of a Japanese Godzilla".[15] In contrast, Brian Ashcraft from Kotaku
>Kotaku

Stopped reading there. I'm also on the edge of my seat waiting, OP. The soundtrack alone is incredibly good.

youtube.com/watch?v=7LBi3kLa5t0&list=PL_Bg39cb6VXImKhiTQEB6vUwfPg1vjGD9&index=3

The reason Japan is so bad at piracy is because the Jap police is very strict about it. You get caught recording in a theater, the consequences are way worse.

>I don't know, could be worse

>literally eating shit
>"h- hey it c- could be worse"

That's because he's still growing and reveals his final form later on

This is shit.

Shin is not.

Yeah, that's not a stretch at all. Aside from that, yes, it still could get worse. Even then.

>implying godzilla never had a fat ass

Looking forward to it, especially since it's avoiding power rangers-tier monster fights, and actually portraying Godzilla as an antagonist.

You mean he hits puberty?

I never said it was better, retard

Come on, faggot. Look at this guy and tell me you can take him seriously. He has such a small head, I wonder how such a small brain can controll all that deformed mass of shit. It's absolutely unrealistic

>It's also not animated like a generic CG monster, it feels uncanny.
That's because of mocap.

At least the proportions are right.

>normal sized head
>no hilariously long tail
>very scary
>got the look of death in his eyes
>reks japs
>can't run from this fella

10/10 Godzilla right here

>He has such a small head
Never said it was perfect, it has its flaws. Just fewer than recent Godzillas, that's all. And I like its teeth. Its teeth do it for me.

His overly long teeth? How does this guy even eat meat properly if he can't even move his baby-jaw? Does he eat plankton? So you are telling me that you prefer a vegan Godzilla?

his brain is bigger than (you)

You're a fucking pussy and probably browse Sup Forums. You're a fucking embarrassment.

I could beat the shit out of that vegan pussy ass nigger.

>normal size head
kinda huge actually, he barely has shoulders
>no hilariously long tail
My only gripe, and I've long since gotten over that.
>very scary
lol what, no iteration of Godzilla seemed scary
Pic related. Same exact cold, emotionless shark eyes.
>reks japs
Shin is reking japs

Oh, I get it, it's bait. Shit, my bad. Good night!

You retarded or something? it doesn't eat, it doesn't need a bigass head, its like a moving tower, it feeds off of radiation, it fucking shoots lasers from everywhere and invades tokyo.
Don't fucking expect realism from any godzilla

Holy fuck

That looks cool. Is the whole movie just the military trying to kill Godzilla?

lmao. nigger looks like he's seeing Chloe Moretz' ass

>it's like a moving tower
Like a moving deformed tower. Whatever Godzilla is for fags anyway

The tail is large for a good reason, kid

>that fucking head turn

my god this is fucking great and blows the 2014 uszilla breath away

>lmao. nigger looks like he's seeing Chloe Moretz' ass

Pure disgust for humanity. My kinda godzilla.

He's afraid. He's a fucking pussy

don´t know shit about Godzilla, user?

He has 2 brains like the dinosaurs

And failing, yeah. This is a pretty straight-looking remake of the original.

>the part where the military is unloading every weapon they have onto his face and he doesn't give a shit

God damn! Wasn't too interested in Shin Godzilla but I want to fucking watch it now. TORRENT WHEN

What are the essential Godzilla movies to get into Godzilla as a newcomer? This movie looks interesting and because Anno is directing it I am pretty interested in it. It makes me want to watch the other Godzilla movies to see what it is all about.

DAMN

Based anno does it again

It's coming out in the fall on bluray, with both subbed and dubbed versions

Just be patient.

Sure thing kid. And your moms husband got two dicks. One in his mouth and one in his wives sons ass

Chloe's ass is disgusting, not scary. Where the fuck are you seeing fear here?

Disgust and fear go hand in hand. Sup Forums should know

The original would be closer to this version and is a must see.

There are really two types of Godzilla movie. Ones where Godzilla is the bad guy and wants to fuck everybody's shit up, and ones where Godzilla is a hero/antihero and fights monsters that are his own size and typically leaves humanity alone.

The latter has a lot more movies than the former.

>it feeds off of radiation

So it IS lung cancer, my bad

Thanks this was helpful.

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth extracted, I was high off my ass watching Godzilla 2000 and Godzilla vs Megaguirus. Still pretty bland movies desu. That was also the only time I've watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (US version). Is it worth watching again?

In the original, that only happens when the lighting is just right. His eyes are actually goofy as fuck, but you can only tell in a couple of shots. For the most part, the lighting tends to hide his pupils and makes him look terrifying.

>His eyes are actually goofy as fuck

This

when I first heard about this movie I was so happy, The most recent american godzilla had its moments and overall i liked it, but boy howdy I needed to have my Jap godzilla itch scratched

>Hedorah
>Even goofier

Nigger aside from the flying scene that movie is dark as hell. One of the few Godzilla movies that actually show humans dying on screen.

so the real question is which godzilla had the best version of the theme song?
youtube.com/watch?v=lMdG-MkA3X8
here's my vote

humans dying on screen doesn't make it any darker, sometimes it becomes even goofier

>not serving crablegs.

Fuck..

Isn't Hedorah the one with the really trippy ass sequence?

How can Japanese "men" even compete?

Now I know it's good

Fuck torrents, American theater when?

You must not like body horror

They cracked down on scanlation sites. We have to wait for neighboring asian countries to release it

HOLY CRAP where did that gif of Goji shooting his nuke-breath-beam come from??? Was that TV spot footage or something?

probably a tv spot, here's a different source

youtube.com/watch?v=Ih5L5LM2t6o

Honestly, you might not see it ripped until early September. The film comes out in Singapore on the 25th, if I'm not mistaken, and that's usually where these rips come from.

Looks like Anno used every trick he ever learned from animating Evangelion angel death rays, and applied them to the big G. It would not look out of place in an Eva film.

It's really just his general style. It's kind of impressive that he made Shin look as much like a recognizable Godzilla as he had, and if the reviews are to be believed, he gave the character and atmosphere of the original utmost respect.

Dets good

The most surprising thing is that Zilla isn't the shortest one.

holy shit @ the beam, and you guys doubted Mr. Anno

I knew he was going to basically just make Godzilla an Angel from day 1. I didn't doubt shit

I never doubted Anno. This guy loves giant monsters, and you just know Godzilla was a dream job of his. He wasn't gonna fuck this up, and from the sounds and looks of things, he hasn't.

Thinking about it, Godzilla was essentially the first Angel.

Well I guess I'm a #ShinKicker now.

wtf I love anno now?

>shifts his entire upper body weightlessly to the left
just

Fuuuuck

Quads confirm.

i wish they made that concept more honestly, a godzilla that's 100m tall and can still move effortlessly due to pure strength and run around the city would be rad

I know you're trying, but you're clearly outnumbered here. Shin's looking like it's gonna be pretty good at the very least.

For comparison

Actually his upper body is notably smaller than his lower body. It may not take as much effort to move, and this would help turning speed for when he starts breathing beams.

That movie was shit, and you should feel like shit for enjoying it.
It would've been at least decent if it had actual characters instead of walking expositions in between cockteases.

Well thanks for removing any reason to ever watch that awful flick in its entirety. That was literally Godzilla's entire presence.

>these bad special effects are way better than those bad special effects

Godzilla was never good

t. someone who hasn't seen more than 2 godzilla movies

here is the high-res

They're all awful flicks. You're absolutely right.

Edwards just happened to make it even worse.

>people will still complain about horrorzilla after this
>b-but he has a tail as long as he is tall
Did you guys ever see a lizard, they have long tails

I BET you like:

inception
interstellar
fight club

I always enjoyed how Heisei Goji just blew shit up for no apparent reason. "These buildings gotta go, and these ones, and these ones... Toasting all of 'em. Poor craftsmanship anyway."

Edwards made a perfectly fun Godzilla movie.

Last atomic breath webm i have

(You)

Im just posting these for comparison, no need to sperg

You lost, then. Liking or hating any of those shitty flicks doesn't make Gareth any less of a fucking hack.