nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n2/full/nclimate2876.html
nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19082.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n3/full/nclimate1784.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n10/full/nclimate1963.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v4/n11/full/nclimate2397.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n11/full/nclimate3110.html
pnas.org/content/106/38/16120.abstract?sid=e88a32fa-d470-486d-92ea-97bf18db30c9
pnas.org/content/97/4/1406.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/104/14/5743.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

big ice cubes

Move our orbit out past mars

What are you speaking about ?

kill everyone

Somebody has to pay Donald Trump a lot of money in the name of science. So far, basically every nation is in favor of finding a solution, and the only thing holding THE ENTIRE EARTH back is the Coca Cola/McDonalds USA.

The only language Donald Trump speaks is bribery.

SOME RICH SCIENTIST PLEASE BRIBE DONALD TRUMP IT'S THE ONLY HOPE WE FUCKING HAVE.

/thread

How can we solve something that doesn't exist?

Pay attention in school please.

burn all niggers

Doesn't exist. Where's the proof?

kek

please pay attention in school.

How bad is global warming anyway? One of my smarty pants friends basically said that "we have about 30ish years until plants start dying but at that point it affects profits and then fat cats actually fix it by then".

eat less meat

Overpopulation is the cause my friend but nobody in the media dare say it as it would piss of the Kikes, Mudslimes and Catholics too much.

China had the right idea with the 1 child per couple rule but capitalism fucked that up good and proppa.

Everyone harks on about a "carbon footprint" and yes, reducing an individual's footprint is a great idea, but when there are a few extra million footprints born every year, it's not going to solve the issue.

Yeah d00d smart ppl r dumb

smart iz a sinonim for dumb basic,ly

>>>How do we solve global warming?

Nuclear winter

kill all the humans.

It's a natural phenomenon, you don't solve it you live with it!

you obviously don't live in Australia.

>China had the right idea

> China's population: 3.3 billion

you want to rethink that post?

You keep saying pay attention but where your proof? Just because some person says holes are being formed in the atmosphere due to nonexistent pollution you'll believe it? I bet you think greenhouse gasses are real too.

Supranational institution that collects emission taxes on everyone and uses the money to invest in technology and efforts to clean up already existing issues.

everybody open their fridges in a glorious attempt to coll down motger earth

The same way we solve the tooth fairy and monsters under our bed.

Thats why they were trying to fix the problem but as soon as the country was dragged into capitalism it had to abolish that rule. It's why i used the past tense.

cool down mother earth

>Every other 1st world country: Globalism is good! Take in as many 3rd world Muslims as you can! Multiculturalism is awesome! We're enlightened & shit, better get onboard w this global warming party too stupid Americans!

Yeah, no.

Doctor of ecology here: The only solution to stop global warming is really a question of polar osmose distribution. You see, while we are suffering from a rising average unit of kilowatt / square kilometer, there is only one way to reverse the solution.

Every house, every car, every air conditioned unit should be working full blast, 24/7, with all windows open. For about 3 years

Here's some of the science. These are scientific peer-reviewed articles from the top 3 general science journals in the world (check google scholar metrics if you doubt it) This took literally five minutes to find.

science.sciencemag.org/content/289/5477/270
advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/11/e1501923.full
science.sciencemag.org/content/302/5651/1719
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6313/aaf7671
science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6311/465
science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6293/1517
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n2/full/nclimate2876.html
nature.com/nature/journal/v536/n7617/full/nature19082.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n3/full/nclimate1784.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v3/n10/full/nclimate1963.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v4/n11/full/nclimate2397.html
nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n11/full/nclimate3110.html
pnas.org/content/106/38/16120.abstract?sid=e88a32fa-d470-486d-92ea-97bf18db30c9
pnas.org/content/97/4/1406.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/106/Supplement_2/19729.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac
pnas.org/content/104/14/5743.abstract?sid=39886508-9022-4ac9-a270-9bb8f2c84dac

>TL;DR: Earth is warming, its predominant cause is human-caused emission of greenhouse gasses, models fit with the observed data and predictions have been on point, and where models have been off they have underestimated the effect of positive feedback cycles, thus underestimating true warming due to human action

>implying global warming is actually real

get your out of the drain

We all evacuate the equator.

Kek

Precisely, human caused emissions thanks to.... OVERPOPULATION

I love the people who say the scientists are wrong about global warming because most of them have a vocational "degree" or are at a job where their hands are stained with grease/oil within ten minutes of getting to work.

A toolbox and a plastic gasoline container are not the credentials I'm looking for.

We don't. The sun is just going to get hotter and hotter as it ages, until it becomes a red giant in about 4 billion years, and then explodes, leaving behind a white dwarf in 5 billion. We do have a few hundred million years left to enjoy, before it gets hot enough to boil off the oceans. You may want to make the best of it.

By halving the human population over 2 years

its pretty fucking scary. its happening, we know its happening and we're doing almost nothing about it. chances are we'll leave it far too late and have to take extreme measures in the future.

Well, I don't really mind that solution, but how would we decide who should be eliminated? The fairest thing would be to start with all the people causing the most pollution but I doubt this will find positive resonance here.

Explain this openly to the Kikes, Mudslimes and Catholics, they will totes agree and comply dude.

Underrated post

Nonesense. It has nothing to do with the number of humans, but the way humans expend energy.

Fuck elimination, enforce sterilisation at birth. Make it law.

dump everyone miles out at sea every year. survival of the swimiest

>Its happening

Funny how every solution involves taxes & globalism, huh?

Anyway, I guessed you all missed the part where the data these "we're really really sure this time" scientists used was manipulated all to hell?

>delay the impact of meaningful change by 30 years when we should have implemented change 30 years ago

Nonsense, if 1 person creates x-ammount of pollution would it be better or worse for the planet if there were only 500million rather than 8 billion? Surely you understand simple maths.

Fucking retard. See:

That guy fucks

You can't. Even if the entire first world switched to nuclear and renewable energy (lol), the developing world is still responsible for a ton of pollution and you aint gonna convince China and India to slow down.

It would be better if per 1 person we create x-amount of pollution less. Vastly easier solution than to start offing people.

>Half the population is just going to lay down and die
>WW3 will be good for the environment
>Nukes are green and shit

Do like al gore said and leave our freezer doors open to let out cold air.

Well, the issue is rather Pareto distributed (close enough) in that about 20% create 80% of the emissions.

Riiiiiiight and as I've already stated reducing an individual's footprint IS a great idea, but when the global population goes up and up and up and up every fucking day we end up with same total sum.

The longer we wait, the more expensive it's going to get to deal with the consequences. You don't seem to realize that it's going to require taxation regardless of when we act. The only question that remains is how much it's going to cost.

Kill all humans

Why do you think the cdc has a huge storage of biological weapons?

That's not how footprints work. You don't have to change each and every person's individual footprint, you change the way in which energy is generated, and that reduces the footprint of individuals regardless of population size.

Hey listen to me, stupid fuck. One way to stop this madness is been vegan. Yes. Stop eating shit and look to the industrial farming.

Dude the biggest problem is food. It's already a massive issue, we lucky fucks that live in a westernised world don't see it, but America is leaching its own soil to death my over-farming, hence why it's ripping apart rain forests. Cattle produce an insane amount of methane, palm oil plantations are killing the lands in Asia. It's overpopulation my friend, no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

You realize you're fighting autistic people on a board for autistic shit, right?

the majority of international scientific bodies are either neutral or in favour of its existence. all the oil companies have admitted its happening and even the american association of petroleum geologists have admitted its happening, basically the last people on the face of the earth who want people to know its happening have admitted its happening. this isn't just liberal work a day for world peace kind of braindead fucktards, this is very likely to be a real thing

why the fuck are we not attempting to stop this before we're irreparably fucked? if a shop puts out a product with a smal chance of killing someone it immediately recalls it. it's worth the effort of stopping without absolute proof that it will kill any one person. so why the fuck are we so happy to be skeptics and err on the unlikely side of global warming not being a thing and pretend like the best thing to do is nothing at all, when the stakes are the sustainability of life on earth?

We don't have enough arable land for everyone to eat vegetables only. You're advocating the destruction of forests and/or culling of the poor who'll never be able to afford the lack of cheap calories brought to you by factory farming.

It's a nice dream, but so fucking unrealistic. Typical, though, that someone in a position of wealth advocates for something that only benefits them.

Oldfaq here was a most excellent student,
learned about inevitable "global cooling."
Carter was president. Truth is liberals are
always naïve retarded idiots.

Why shouldn't the climate change? Sunspots and solar storms are far beyond the current reach of man's science. Ignore, fools and live your life.

No, it's resource management. That's the problem. We can keep jerking each other off here for a while, but something tells me this discussion is pointless because you fail to see what should be blatantly obvious.

Yes, hence the autistic post.

Why do you and the CDC think that mass panic caused by rampant global plague won't be anything to worry about. When people star dropping dead from some mystery disease that's spreading globally, you won't have to worry about the sand niggers or chinks coming for you. Your neighbor will be just as likely to kill you to keep you from breathing your plague germs on him, and/or to steal your shit. Unless you get that bastard first... I'm just saying.

Let George explain it. youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

Kill off china, shitskins, indians n liberals, re enslave the niggers n build white man eutopia

>Overpopulation is the cause my friend

If you believe that, the honorable, decent followers should KYS and spare the planet.

Repeat after me:

Movies are not real life.

Real life is not like the movies.

You think that people would start launching nukes?
More people will die, for sure, but that's not exactly a problem.

Become vegan

>my over-farming,

Well, fucking stop it immediately then, you stupid fuck. But on the other hand thank you for finally stepping up, being man or whatever personal pronoun(s) you prefer--I don't give a fuck--and owning up to this. People will be glad to hear that it's one person's fault, and that they can stop pretending to give a fuck to begin with.

We don't have enough land to properly raise livestock either...

...jokes aside this would actually contribute to global warming.

Decaying plants account for some 60% of atmospheric carbonic acid content.

We should really ban liberals from speaking out loud.

So the scientists in the rest of the world just need one rich person to bribe a US politician into green-light their pursuits?

You're about as dumb as they come.

>We don't have enough land to properly raise livestock either...
You say 'properly' as if there's some humanity in allowing people to die because you want a sheep to enjoy life before we kill it. Factory farming takes a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the land.

it's called cornucopianism. the idea behind it is that as it becomes financially beneficial, individuals will develop new technology or find replacements for scarce resources in order to profit. there is sound proof behind this; we humans are an ingenious bunch when motivated by money. lets face it, have we yet to face an obstacle that we as a species were then not able to overcome?

And a 100 times the emissions

There's always a last one...

4/10 what you described is not ecology. would have been better if you described yourself as Climatology PhD

AIR CONDITIONING

New plague would help.

Elon musk?

I like this idea

china is switching over to renewable energy faster than anyone...they already have the world's largest solar array

we cant

its only going to get worse and worse due to overpopulation and medicine allowing us to live more.

we're fucking doomed.

but what if there wasn't?

We get more people to start engaging in piracy.

we'll all probably be dead before it's a problem

>this isn't just liberal work a day for world peace

Yeah, but what if it does lead to world peace, then what? I'm just not willing to take the risk.

I know this. But I don't see how that's relevant unless you are picturing yourself as the invincible hero, and assume I am doing likewise.

People do panic. People fucking panic over goddam Best Buy selling out of the cool bargains before they can get their greasy hands on some of them, during Black Friday, and thus start fighting and trampling each other. People start riots and burn portions of their own fuck city down because their team lost, or in some cases won. How do you think these same people would react to something that actually should be cause for concern?

> UNDERRATED

It's possible. Depends on who, and how bad things get. India and Pakistan could feasibly start launching tomorrow if one pissed the other off too much.

It could just be about opportunity too. Settle some old scores or take out a perceived threat while the rest of the world is too busy to do anything about it.

keks

Well, their smog problem apparently accounts for 1/3 of their deaths.

Admit that it doesn't exist

Is that West Wing?
Anyway, in the long run we're all dead.

And once again, more people die, don't pretend it wasn't the plan all along.