Wasn't sure what board to post this on...

Wasn't sure what board to post this on, but can somebody tell me if this laptop is good enough to run elgato HD and edit videos? I'm not good with pc specs

walmart.com/ip/Dell-Inspiron-11-3162-11.6-Laptop-Windows-10-Home-Intel-Celeron-N3060-Dual-Core-Processor-4GB-RAM-32GB-Flash-Storage/54695288

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/like/232210375349?lpid=82
tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9969720&CatId=4936
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe not the best, But Im sure you could do something with it.

no

Yea I'm not looking for the best, just something that will get the job done.

Buy something else. This will annoy the shit out of you.

Should work for you. If you have 30 bucks to spare, buy a 64 gig USB. 32 gigs isn't enough for storage of videos or anything really. I've got one pretty similar. Don't expect much gaming performance or anything, but you can do light stuff like Minecraft (if you're into that) or flash games.

You might just want to build your own system or something, Get a laptop that doesn't have a OS on it and get linux. Do yourself a favor.

Any recommendations? I'm on a pretty tight budget. I just need something that will get the job done.

It would only be for recording videos and editing them.

What this user said. If you don't care about portability, you could buy a pre built thing from Craigslist or eBay, or build your own.

Then you might wanna spring for something with more storage or buy an external SSD.

Check slickdeals sometimes you can get a good buy

Spec wise it will work, but storage wise it will not.

>walmart Laptop
>Windows-10-Home
>Intel-Celeron-N3060

dont waste your money buy a refurbished thinkpad

Me again, Just look at ebay listings IE:
ebay.com/itm/like/232210375349?lpid=82

It doesn't have a charger but Im sure you can pick one up for 15-20 dollars

tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9969720&CatId=4936

>tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9969720&CatId=4936

Op is looking for cheap things, Not expensive.

This is the specs for elgato hd

This.

Batteries are like 40 bucks, and this one is better I'm every single way. You could buy windows for it as well, but Ubuntu or Zorin OS 12 are good Linux distros for begginers.

This

I'm looking for the absolute minimum I can get by with, I'm a cheap ass lol

since when is $329 expensive?

Since when money is hard to get.

Would buying USB for storage work?

just turn to piracy. then it's easy

I'm a broke ass college student, so money is tight atm

You can't pirate a laptop fuckwit

> edit videos on a laptop
You are a moron

Have fun waiting years for a 10 minute video to transcode.

Yes, but I would still recommend going with some other laptop or buying one from Craigslist. The issue is the processor on the one you are looking at. It is only dual core and barely meets the specs. I imagine you could run it, but it wouldn't be fun.

Okay I'll just keep looking then

Always remember, you can usually get better specs for less if you go for a PC versus a laptop. General rule.

I had a desktop but it ate shit, and like I said before, money is tight right now. Otherwise I would buy a desktop

Okay thanks for the tip

go to if you need help

I've got one, they're not too bad. If you get the SSD edition it's quite usable.

Okay, thanks

Imac