Question for the euros. Keeping memes to a minimum. Which of these 3 players was the best and why...

Question for the euros. Keeping memes to a minimum. Which of these 3 players was the best and why? I genuinely want to know.

Scholes>Slippy G>Lampard

Normie answer: Gerrard
Tryhard answer: Scholes
Actual answer: Lampard

It's Lampard.

the dutch is right, Scholes was an absolute master of the game in all of its aspects, one of the most underrated players in the history of football.

Gerrard is arguably also what you could call a top class player, but he made debatable careeer choices and couple major blenders that will stick for a while

Lampard is just a very good EPL midfielder

and before somebody calls to bias I don't suport any other club than my shitty french side that nobody cares about.

Gerrard would be rated so much higher by everyone here if he was born in Manchester or London.

Lampard

>if my granny had wheels she'd be a bicycle

Lampard

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO WE NEED TO SEE THIS THREAD

I'm saying that he's underrated because he played for Liverpool, not that he would literally be better had he been born elsewhere. He was an incredible player either way, but he would have gotten more recognition for it if he had accepted Mourinho's offers in 2006, 2008, or 2010.

>if my granny had wheels she'd be a bicycle

>greatest peak and best memes
Gerrard
>greatest carreer and best player
Lampard
>greatest meme quotes
Scholes

They should all be measured by how many World Cups and European Championships they've won their country.

Scholes is the best technical footballer of the three. There's a reason why Xavi, Pirlo, Messi and co all chat so much about him.

Slippy G was probably the best in terms of >muh passion. Good attacking midfielder with a great eye for a blooter but not amazing.

Fat Frank was just a super solid English AM #lad who played for Chelsea, hence the hype.

it's lampard or gerrard; it's definitely not scholes

Didn't Paul Scholes taught Messi how to footy?

you can add Zidane to the list

Forever. It never fucking dies because this board is full of Liverpool/United/Chelsea fans

I think it goes without saying that Zidane was better than any of them.

This "I think it goes without saying that Zidane was better than any of them" was meant for

Gerrard = Scholes > Lampard

get redpilled

>le quote man

No Gerrard, no miracle of Istanbul.
/thread

I meant he could add Zidane to the list of famous greats that praised Scholes a lot.

I really loved Zidane (what frenchman didnt) and I promise not to be a Man Utd closet fan but I really dont rate Scholes much lower than him

of the three:

Scholes was the best passer
Lampard was the best goalscorer
Gerrard was the best fuck-up

No Gerrard, Liverpool don't even get past the group stage. And they lose the FA Cup in '06.

Implying your Gran wasn't the town bike

None of them dragged their team into a world cup final like Zidane so who gives a shit?

Lampard overall, but Gerrard had the highest peak, and Scholes the best career of the three

I'm tired of subjective meme opinions, Scholes won the most so he was the best

he had objectively the worst stats so was clearly the worst

>worst stats but most successful
that kinda elevates him even more. I'm sure there are National league midfielders with better stats that nobody will ever hear of

>Xavi Hernandez: Paul Scholes is a role model. For me – and I really mean this – he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years.

>I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.

>
Zinedine Zidane: My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation.

>Scholes of Manchester.

makes him sound like a knight or something lmao

a small ugly ginger cunt knight

Pogba.

glad to see some that get it

Zidane also called Gerrard "the best midfielder in the world" in 2009. So I think we can clearly say that it's Scholes>Gerrard>Lampard.

>le quote man

Lampard >= Gerrard >>> Scholes

First two is debatable, Scholes never carried a team

You mean if he played with good players and not shit so he didn't stand out at all? Just like with England?

Yeah. Scholes is the ultimate luxury player.

Lampard without a doubt

Scholes> Lampard> Gerrard.

Scholes was the best positional player had an excellent strike and wasn't bothered about getting a yellow if it was needed.

Lampard was better at set pieces and poaching.

Never rated Gerrard.

Underrated.

>Scholes

Definitely Lampard.

>Scholes=Lampard=Gerrard
If they were all so good, why did we eat shit on an international level?

>British sports

Shit management who weren't brave enough to bench one or two for the sake of the team

All the Barca players love Lampard especially his off the ball movement

Ronaldinho said he thought Lampard would fit in Barcelona

>Gerrard

lel

stfu dutch mutt scum. that's how romance languages work.

>Lampard

Lampard, no question.

Scholes, no question

Slippy, no question.

To be honest I don't think the slip is of primary importance here. He failed to control the ball which set Demba Ba free on goal. Even if he hadn't slipped he wouldn't have caught Ba and the result would have still been a goal.

There was also 60 minutes for Liverpool to get an equaliser, but they couldn't manage it. This single moment shouldn't detract away from what is the one of the greatest careers from any Englishman.

Le Tissier, no question.

Lampard, no question

you're right la don't forget crystanbul and dwight gayle outscoring luis ''supposedly best in the world'' suarez

Le lazy blooters man

how is this even a question? Lampard put up Striker numbers while scoring blooters, freekicks and also plenty of assists.

on top of that, he won EVERYTHING at the club level.

on top on top of that he was also a loyal subject and is seen as a legend for a club, just as Scholes and Gerrard are.

on top on top on top of THAT, he's also a handsome devil.

Le score from a pull back to the edge of the box man > Le made up quotes man > Le slipped on his fucking arse man

Gerrard >>>>>>>> Lampard >>>> Scholes

Where is Dennis Wise?

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MUST WE RE-LITIGATE THIS?

>DAT POSITIONING
>DAT PASSING
>DAT VISION
>DAT PLAYMAKING AND DICTATING OF PLAY
>DAT HUSTLE AND AGGRESSION
>DAT INEPT, HARD TACKLING
>DAT RECEIVING, PASSING, OFFERING
>DAT LONG-SHOOTING
>DAT TOUCH, OUTSIDE-FOOT CONTROL, DAT BACK-HEEL, DAT CHIP-PASSING, DAT THROUGH-BALL, DAT LONG BALL
>DAT RESPECT AND PRAISE FROM EVERYBODY IN HIS POSITION AND ELSEWHERE
>DAT CONSISTENCY
>DAT LONG-ASS CAREER
>DAT 'FUCK YOU' TO THE NATIONAL TEAM
>DAT ONE-CLUB LOYALTY
>DAT LACK OF MELANIN
>DAT ASTHMA AND OSGOOD-SCHLATTER DISEASE
>DAT DISCIPLINARY RECORD
>DAT TROPHY-COLLECTION

>0 titles

try 18, fuckass.

Gerrard was the best out of them when playing for England. Hardly saying much but that's the best way of comparing them.

this tbcauh

>Scholes was an absolute master of the game
If you think that dirty tackle is a masterclass, you may be right. He was allowed to do so in EPL, because of >Fergie
Outside of EPL, he is a big liability for red card risk.

Strange how all of a sudden everyone seems to love Lampard once he retires

Yeah, because Gerrard received zero fanfare when he retired.

Lampard. If he played for Liverpool or United this wouldn't even be a debate. But he played for unfashionable Chelsea so doesn't get the respect he deserves. Same with JT.

Terry has had to DRAG OUT of the media that he is the greatest defender in PL history. No other player has had to work so hard to simple gain recognition for his achievements.

All because he cucked some I'm a Celebrity bloke.

Scholes->Lampard->Gerrard.

Pro tip for any of you non brit friends, two of those guys won the premier league. One is single handedly responsible for losing it.

Just passing midfielders like Scholes are the worst fucking memes in the history of the sport. at one point they were terribly underrated but now the overrating is going full retard.

>That cheeky steward facing the pitch

>loyal
>played for three clubs in England

Mercenary scum