Sounds definitely stupid, but for some reason I never had rum in my entire life

Sounds definitely stupid, but for some reason I never had rum in my entire life.
What would Sup Forums suggest to try first?

Captain Morgan

Sailor Jerry's neat.

or if you really want a god tier drink mix it with Jumex Tamarind nectar.

>> Capt Morgan?

That ain't rum. That's like having hazelnut coffee for your first cup of coffee.

Kraken

>What would Sup Forums suggest to try first?

Grab yourself a bottle of Myers and use the recipe for Planters Punch that's on the bottle. Follow the recipe, don't be stupid and double up the rum.

Go through the bottle like that. Then buy a good bottle of a white, some fresh limes, make real live daiquiris (not frozen), use egg whites.

Still like rum? Spend $50 on a bottle of sipping rum.

Then get some Cachaça. Mmmmm....

What the other dude said, get a bottle of Jerry and have that shit straight son, best rum out there.

If you can't have it straight, mix with coke and it's still good

Not a big rum person but prob the best one

>Not a big rum person but prob the best one...

...if you're a sorority rapist in community college.

OP here.
Okay, so many people say that Cpt Morgan is the best one. Obviously, it's also one of the most popular one, and when something's popular, then there will be some hate on it.
Please tell me what is wrong with Captain Morgan in your opinion

>KRAKEN
>WRAY & NEPHEW
>mix with coke or drink from the bottle if you're raw

For you OP? Mount Gay.

Otherwise, I'm partial to Pyrat as my liquor of choice. Ron Zacapa XO is also an incredibly fine rum. I also like Homere Clement but it's a rather light rum for being so aged.

If you wanna learn an alcohol, get a good interpretation of it and drink it neat to appreciate its nuances.

Zaya is a good brand

I was waiting for somebody to say Mount Gay.

Captain Morgan is a cheap SPICED rum. The spices cover some of the harsh liquor burn. Now, rum is very cheap to begin with. Top end rum is around $150 for suoer premium rum and top shelf,rum goes for roughly $35. So why pay $15 for shitty captain Morgan's when you could get a better brand?

Liking Captain Morgan's is like preferring Stolichnaya Vodka or Cuervo Tequila. It is the cheapest alcohol above Monarch.

>what is wrong with Captain Morgan

Spiced rum isn't rum. It's a modified liquor, made with crap spirits heavily flavored to hide the disgust.
If you're gonna drink then at least learn to drink correctly and responsibly.

It's actually a good rum, but it does fulfill the ten year old in me to see Mount Gay.

Whiskey.

>
>>what is wrong with Captain Morgan

Caling Capt Morgan rum is like calling Southern Comfort bourbon.

Not an expert, but I like the white havanna club, also there is that cheap brand called admiral vernon which is definitely worth it`s price, especially since it is like 7€

OP HERE

I just wanted to thank you all for your opinions.

I like Flor de Caña. Had the 7 the first time I tried it and bought a bottle of the 18.

It's best a little warm with some fresh honey.

12yo Diplomatico