ITT Why has ironic meme culture been accepted and adopted by normalfags...

>ITT Why has ironic meme culture been accepted and adopted by normalfags? Like a lot of people in my college keep posting ironic memes everytime and call it "shitposting", and have adopted the slang, terms, and shit? Why? Can we finally end our existence online? Or is it a signal from God that we should pass into the other level and move into the Deep Web to enjoy our "danky controversial ironic humor memes m8s"?

Pic somewhat related, they kept shitposting about the United airlines on my college "meme group" and I posted this one and one admin got offended.

I also consider that the ones to blame for this whole meme genocide is tumblr.

read up on what a meme is and how it works, and you will have your answer.

It's a sign from God that the world is getting worse.

In 90s if someone carried around a picture of something fucked up they'd be called a fucking freak.

But now with the ease of social media passing around FUCKING gore videos has become the norm.

Sup Forums in it's own little hellhole makes sense, it spreading out into the real world means something bad is about to happen.

>my sense of humor has now become mainstream
>i was into ironic memes before they were cool/mainstream

that feel when /b is the new home for hipsters, get over yourself, you're angry about memes lmao

>In 90s if someone carried around a picture of something fucked up they'd be called a fucking freak.
Don't copy that floppy

for some reason im instantly annoyed when i see people say shitpost
it also happens with the word "gamer"

For me that word is meme. I feel like that is one of those things you don't say in public, like tendies.

Cos it was something dumb (us) losers would call themselves to look less stupid. And then when gaming got mildly popular, they derided normies calling them casuals.

Both have entered normie speak.

Hey, I still can't believe there are people who will call them "maymays." Not even myself as a Mexican have called them such a stupid way, neither "Meemees"

yeah meme started to annoy me a lot too after a while

Fucking same. It's like it lost it's "magic"
"Gamer" since 2011 and "shitpost" since "2015" now disgust me at sight whenever i see them

It is pretty common nowadays to see stupid thots sharing ironic memes and even some containing anime images and shit, but at the same time you sneak into their Fb profiles and are those basic bitches with pics on prom, dresses, and shit.

You dont even know the difference between a meme and image macro?

I don't think there is any nonstupid way to say it tbh.

I do vro ctfu Ive been a meme veteran since 2008 fuck off

I also hate it when normies post bad memes but a good meme is a good meme I don't really see the difference in who posted it when it's good

"mem", that's it. Yet people would say it all hyped and shit with a stupid smile on their faces like "HEY YALL LIKE MEMS??? XDD LOL HARAMBE BERNIE UNITED AIRLINES FIGHT CLUB"

I'm sorry you're not a special snowflake anymore. Consult with your local university for crying therapy.

That is the correct way, yeah. It still sounds stupid. I cringe when I hear it on the news.

i honestly never understood how anybody found that harambe stuff funny
maybe they just kept beating the dead horse to fit in

I mean just look at this shit ww face book com / groups / 1253567138064928 /pe rmalink / 1320303174724657 this girl is literally doing a gofundme for some stupid shit I would be only giving her 50 bucks if she lets me smash my shmeat over her face but that's it, jesus.

Also hate the word gamer and how retarded middle schoolers think calling themselves a "gamer" is cool. I cringe at anyone who proudly identifies as a "gamer."

Might as well say, "my life is so devoid of purpose that my sense of self is entirely defined by video games."

Fuck off OP. Back when i first started browsing Sup Forums they were just funny pictures with words on them. The term "meme" didn't even exist. You're probably one of the newfags who came flooding in from reddit so you could act like this was your new super secret club.

memes and all that shit was for loser basement dwellers and sharing them on social media
or worse saying it out loud pre 2012 was one of the most antisocial things you could do until
tumblr fags started claiming that they birthed memes made them family friendly and cool to share
on facebook and twitter and ever since then it has been and will continue to be a shit show.

Do not interact with normies.

This should be a law or internet ordinance or something

It's the same generation of newfags (although I wouldn't call them that because they have no potential). The clue is that they are in your class, with you, and are probably around your age.

The thing is they grew up just in time to see a little real trolling spill over into where they hung out (yahoo answers or youtube). They didn't understand it, they just sort of "learned" it literally like any kid learns a culture, and now they mimick what they saw.

I mean most of us here learned from the chill guys of the 80s. These new kids had to grow up with our late 90s shit show. No wonder they are posting green frogs.

Nobody passes around gore on social media only youre cringey edgy 14 year old friends

>80s is original culture
Fact

It's pronounced "meem". The term was coined by Richard Dawkins as an analogy to genes (i.e. how memes are reproduced and evolve in a similar manner to genes).

Since it's an analogy to "gene", imo should be pronounced in the same way. Gene="jeen"; meme="meem"

Man I actually was alive for the Sparta remixes and YouTube poops, don't dare me ️ro

2 years ago posting a meme on Facebook was for small circles of people who had no real friends, just a bubble of retards with memes. They would moan a lot about how bad Facebook was.

Now there's more clickbait, more postcard style memes and reaction posts. You might get a Disney meme or a topical one, but there's still no image macros outside of the socially rejected circles.

you mean don't interact with people, that's what I am trying to do, I black tapped my windows, I keep sleeping my roomie off so he wont bother me at all, and I am here behind my PC on my dark room

This is all me, OP, btw, keep forgetting Sup Forums doesnt have IDs

humans be humans. young, impressionable, idiot, juvenile/adult transitioning.

Two years ago was when nigger ghetto memes were huge, Snapchat culture and shit, and tumblr culture was beginning to become mainstream. It also was back when Vaporwave was for asocial fags, and a quick review 2013-2014 was when Vine culture was alive too, and that is pretty much when I started to see kids become more engaged with memes. Their first memes were Yao Ming and all the ragefaces too in around 2012. OP here.

I dont have the pic on this computer sadly, but its a really good way of showing how activities and games get ruined over time.

It starts with a few people making up the rules, they decide on what is fun and whats not, they create their own depths to the activitie, and shape it after what they like.

The second step is when a Close friend wants to try the activity out. The new person will take his time to learn the rules because he is minority in the game, however the people who constructed the game will ease up on slight details to make it easier to Catch up on.

The third change is when a friend of the friend joins in. This new person will want to learn quickly to get in on the fun, and so rules will be cut to make it easier to understand, this is also helped since they are now a larger Group of "new" players.

Then comes the chick who wants to join for attention. She sees a bunch of dudes minding their own business and wants in.

Then comes the Chad, who wants the Girls attention. The newcomers are now a majority and all advanced and fun rules are lost to make sure that all new players can simply join and leave however they like.

The original creators lose all sense of fun and move on, creating a new set of rules to repeat the circle.

TL:DR
Sup Forums is dead because we let others in.

>2 years ago
You tried

My mother tried to show me a picture on her phone back last summer when i was home for summer break, she said "hey user, look at this mime" trying to say meme, i swear to god i felt like i had cringed harder then i ever have before just from this experience alone...

I know which picture you're talking about but no Sup Forums is not videogames.