Alcoholics of Sup Forums, what are your essential drinking albums?

Alcoholics of Sup Forums, what are your essential drinking albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Mhw_DGIW5o
youtube.com/watch?v=uw_v83e8L3E
youtube.com/watch?v=e6KGAOS3_-I
youtube.com/watch?v=rdvK9TDnf-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hank 3 is essential drinking music

Tom Waits in general, but Alice it's just perfect. Specially if it's night time

youtube.com/watch?v=3Mhw_DGIW5o

i'm deep into my third bottle of wine for the day and listening to this

Most of his lo-fi releases, really.

Right on. The progression of his discography is perfect for a night of drinking. Starting with The Heart of Saturday Night, and by the time I get to Blood Money, I'm plastered and depressed and ready to belt it out.

yeah, Waits is the best drinking artist easily - so many good drinking albums for different drinking moods

I recommend pic related for those who like early Waits

It makes me happy

many Dr. John albums are great for drinking alone, but this one has been getting a lot of drunk listening lately

I tried Dr John but Gris-Gris is really out there, is this album like that at all?

drinking to? whatever i'm into at the time of course... money store and cross (justice) come up a lot.

reflecting on? detoxing to?

disitegration, kid A, niandra lades and usually just a t-shirt, elliot smith's s/t.... a lot more...

not really, Gris-Gris is 60's psych rock, Locked Down is from 2012, produced by Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys - there's a similarity, but they are 60 years apart - I think Locked Down is a particularly good case of an older artist working with a younger producer

that said, I think Dr.John's Gumbo is an unmissable Dr.John album that I'd say is the "if you only listen to one Dr.John album, make it this one" - it's more of a rootsy acoustic New Orleans album that's a definite classic in it's own style

The ditch trilogy are all much better NY drinking albums.

I think that's debatable - I for one listen to After the Goldrush and Harvest more than any of the ditch trilogy albums, although On the Beach is a good drinking album

On the Beach is my favorite NY album, but Tonight's the Night is possibly the GOAT drinking album.

I'll give you that it's an album that sounds like you're in a dive bar drinking, but it's really not a Neil Young album I particularly prefer to listen to at home when drinking

Id be braindead by now if i drank every time ive listened to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=uw_v83e8L3E

I really like listening to the more obscure John Cale albums when drinking

youtube.com/watch?v=e6KGAOS3_-I

you have very good taste

side note: you guys must be young because the idea of self-identifying as an alcoholic has stopped being silly dark humor for me and become a thing I don't do because it would mean I'd need to seek help

Holy shit nice rec dude

Forever this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=rdvK9TDnf-Q

Well i drink from waking up to going yo bed every day and have for about 2 years
I see no stigma with telling the truth and i dont care about help because i actively seek to destroy myself

i also really like to listen to the national when getting drunk

You know that you're alcoholic when you wake up sober in the morning, feel fucked up, then when you have 2 drinks you feel completely fine.